Nutricosmetics Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia|
|Largest Market||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Nutricosmetics Market Analysis
The nutricosmetics market size is estimated at USD 8.09 billion in 2023 and is expected to reach USD 11.91 billion by 2028, registering a CAGR of 8.05% during the forecast period.
- The prevalence of vitamin deficiencies leads to various skin issues, such as anti-aging, wrinkles, hair loss, and scalp issues. Therefore, a robust demand for products containing vitamins and Omega-3, especially for skincare, contributes to a significant market share.
- Moreover, a paradigm shift toward preventive health management practices amid the rising healthcare costs and increasing burden of lifestyle diseases is another critical driver influencing the demand for nutricosmetics. Besides this, the growth of e-commerce has boosted the sales of nutricosmetics online.
- The companies operating in this space have focused on strengthening their online presence by collaborating with third-party retailers like Amazon. They also started offering personalized virtual consultations to consumers through their official websites. Additionally, skin issues caused by constantly wearing face masks increased the demand for health supplements, such as nutricosmetics.
- Furthermore, the market has been witnessing an increased demand for nutricosmetics products manufactured using natural ingredients due to growing consumer awareness of natural cosmetics and initiatives by various cosmetic companies to replace synthetic ingredients with natural variants.
- Furthermore, the beauty-from-within approach has gained immense popularity among millennials, as it seamlessly merges beauty and health. However, it is crucial to establish a discernible demarcation between nutraceutical-based products, which can differ significantly from one country to another. Consequently, the intricate web of regulatory, legislative, and technological challenges presents a substantial obstacle to market growth..
Nutricosmetics Market Trends
Rise of Oral Skin Care
- The preventive, holistic, and eco-conscious approach delivers escalated growth of the skin care segment, with offers that support clinically studied active ingredients that quickly provide visible results to consumers, creating momentum. Additionally, the market for skincare in nutricosmetics is witnessing emerging ingredients for healthy skin, like pycnogenol and lycopene.
- Consumers' interests are inclined toward purchasing skincare products containing nutrients, including vitamin A, vitamin D, and omega-3 fatty acids, which have been linked to supporting skin health, offering manufacturers many opportunities to innovate. Moreover, players in the market are competing in terms of ingredients, product form, packaging materials, and other innovations.
- Also, companies in this segment incorporate naturally occurring active ingredients for clean alternatives, ranging from mushrooms in supplements to ground coffee in skin scrubs and seaweed in skin care. Moreover, companies are focusing on the distribution of products through various distribution channels such as pharmacies and other retail stores. Such factors are anticipated to drive the market during the study period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America Holds the Largest Market Share
- The consumers of the region, predominantly the United States and Canada, tend to be skeptical of the idea of “beauty foods” and are more likely to demand products like UV protection and wrinkle-smoothing products, creating a bullwhip in the product launch.
- For instance, in August 2021, Herbalife expanded into beauty from within with a carotenoid-based skin supplement. The company launched its new skincare products in the United States and Mexico markets. The company stated that the new product is marketed as Herbalife SKIN LycoGlow, based on Lycored Nutrient Complex. The company claimed that the product is a new multi-ingredient supplement aimed at skin health that features Lycored’s tomato extract as a hero ingredient.
- According to the American Hair Loss Association, by age 35, two-thirds of American men will have some degree of appreciable hair loss. By age 50, approximately 85% of men have significantly thinning hair. As a result, the players in the market have been focussing on launching innovative products to cater to the rising consumer demand.
- For instance, in February 2021, Viviscal debuted a line of mix-in powdered supplements to boost hair health for men and women, diversely formulated with biotin and marine collagen. Thereby, manufacturers continuously introduce new product offerings to satiate the surging demand, which is projected to drive the market growth considerably.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Nutricosmetics Industry Overview
The nutricosmetics market is highly competitive, with the strong presence of regional and global players. Consumer awareness about brand know-how is luring more start-ups into the market. Moreover, with the growing demand for clean-label products, key players follow various strategies, such as mergers and acquisitions and research and development (R&D), to cater to the increasing demand. Some of the major players in the market are Shiseido Company Limited, Amway Corporation, Sappe Public Company Limited, Suntory Holdings Ltd, and Kirin Holdings Company Limited.
Nutricosmetics Market Leaders
Shiseido Company Limited
Sappe Public Company Limited
Suntory Holdings Ltd
Kirin Holdings Company Limited
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Nutricosmetics Market News
- July 2023: Cantabria Labs introduced the Totybrand to the North American market, featuring the Solaria Infusion Antioxidant Booster. This daily supplement boasts a potent blend of antioxidants, combining PLE FernBoostTechnology with Camu-Camu, a natural superfruit rich in Vitamin C.
- August 2021: Herbalife Nutrition launched "Herbalife SKIN LycoGlow," a multi-ingredient beauty supplement crafted around the Lycored Nutrient Complex. This complex, derived from tomato extract supplied by the Israeli firm Lycored, is abundant in lycopene and other beneficial carotenoids found in tomatoes.
- April 2022: Nykaa made a significant move into the nutricosmetics industry by acquiring a 60% stake in Nudge Wellness. Nykaa, an Indian e-commerce company specializing in beauty, wellness, and fashion products, expanded its portfolio to include nutricosmetics with this strategic investment.
Nutricosmetics Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Drivers
4.1.1 Popularity of Dietary Supplements Especially Among Young Adults
4.1.2 Rise of the Wellness and Beauty Industry
4.2 Market Restraints
4.2.1 Stringent Government Regulations and Product Guidelines
4.3 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Product Type
5.1.1 Skin Care
5.1.2 Hair Care
5.1.3 Nail Care
5.2.1 Tablets and Capsules
5.2.2 Powder and Liquid
5.2.3 Gummies and Soft Chews
5.3 Distribution Channel
5.3.2 Drug Stores/Pharmacies
5.3.3 Specialist Stores
5.3.4 Online Retail
5.3.5 Other Distribution Channels
5.4.1 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 Rest of North America
18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.4 Rest of the World
188.8.131.52 South America
184.108.40.206 Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Most Adopted Strategies
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 Amway Corporation
6.3.2 GRUPO CANTABRIA LABS
6.3.3 Herbalife Nutrition Ltd.
6.3.4 GNC Holdings Inc.
6.3.5 Suntory Holdings Limited
6.3.6 KORA ORGANICS
6.3.7 Wow Skin Science
6.3.8 Kirin Holdings Company Limited
6.3.9 Shiseido Company Limited
6.3.10 Haleon Plc
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Nutricosmetics Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Nutricosmetics Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Nutricosmetics Market?
The Nutricosmetics Market is growing at a CAGR of 8.05% over the next 5 years.
What is Nutricosmetics Market size in 2028?
The Nutricosmetics Market is valued at 11 Billion USD in 2028.
Which region has highest growth rate in Nutricosmetics Market?
Asia is growing at the highest CAGR over 2018 - 2028.
Which region has largest share in Nutricosmetics Market?
North America holds highest share in 2022.
Who are the key players in Nutricosmetics Market?
Shiseido Company Limited , Amway Corporation , Sappe Public Company Limited , Suntory Holdings Ltd, Kirin Holdings Company Limited are the major companies operating in Nutricosmetics Market.
Nutricosmetics Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Nutricosmetics market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Nutricosmetics analysis includes a market forecast outlook to for 2023 to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.