Silage Additives Market Size
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Silage Additives Market Analysis
The silage additives market is projected to register a CAGR of 4.2% during the forecast period.
- Silage is an important means of preserving fresh fodder for animals for the availability of roughage and nutrients during extreme weather conditions. The production of silage is a well-established practice in North America and Europe, and the trend is fast catching up in Asia-Pacific.
- The demand for silage additives is growing due to the increasing consumption of silage across the globe. Moreover, growth in the industrial production of livestock and the processed meat industry are driving the demand for feed silage additives to produce quality meat and increase the yield.
- The development of innovative products and increased focus on R&D by companies are expected to be the key factors driving the adoption of silage additives. With an increase in awareness regarding the usability of silage as a substitute for fresh fodder and hay, the practice of silage production is expected to receive a huge fillip in emerging markets such as Asia-Pacific.
- Increased industrialization of livestock production, driven by increased demand for animal protein by end consumers, is driving farmers to adopt optimum nutrition for cattle, leading to an increased usage of silage additives.
Silage Additives Industry Segmentation
Silage additives are used to improve the nutrient composition of silage, reduce storage losses by promoting rapid fermentation, reduce fermentation losses by limiting the extent of fermentation, and improve the bunk life of silage.
The silage additives market is segmented by type (inoculants, organic acids and salts, enzymes, adsorbents, preservatives, and other types), silage type (cereals, legumes, and other silage types), and geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and Middle-East and Africa).
The report offers the market size and forecast in terms of value in USD million for the above segments.
|Organic Acids and Salts|
|Other Silage Types|
Silage Additives Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Silage Additives Market according to our research experts:
Increasing Industrial Livestock Production
- Global livestock production is getting increasingly industrialized, which means that the average herd sizes and productivity of farm animals are increasing across regions. This increase has led to an increased focus on designing nutrition programs that provide optimum nutrients to animals across the year. However, there has been an increased emphasis on making livestock farming more sustainable from an environmental and food safety perspective.
- To provide sustainability to silage production, companies active in the silage additives market are focusing on developing products that offer the twin benefit of providing a lower environmental footprint without compromising on the productivity benefits. This factor has been especially true in the case of the organic acids and salts market, which leaves a bigger environmental footprint than other products.
- Industrial-scale livestock production makes optimum use of high-quality feed to improve production efficiency, improve feed conversion ratios, and enhance animal muscle mass and protein content. With the adoption of industrial-scale livestock production by many farmers, the production of silage additives needs to improve to cater to this large production base of silage feed.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America Leads the Global Market
- The increasing livestock production and the increasing number of cattle farms are some of the factors driving the market's growth. The number of beef cattle farms in Canada increased by 9.1% from 2018 to 39,633 in 2021 due to the rising profitability from livestock farming, increasing the number of cattle farms supporting the growth of the silage additives market. The adoption of good dairy farming practices for nutrition has increased over the last six years as they recognize the advantages of nutrient-rich feed in terms of yield enhancement, which has increased the usage of feed additives.
- Production of silage is a well-established practice by North American farmers. The varying climatic conditions in the region mean that very little fresh forage is available for animals, especially cattle, in extreme weather conditions, which necessitates the storage of fresh forage in the form of silage. Bacterial silage inoculants are the most-used silage additives in the region, constituting over 70% of the overall usage of silage additives in the United States. Bacterial inoculants supplement natural lactic acid bacteria on the harvested forage crop to provide uniformly fermented silage.
- In terms of silage type, cereal-based forage (majorly corn) constitutes around 40% of the market in North America. With a well-established production base for silage and a highly aware customer base, the region is expected to remain the major contributor to the silage additives market over the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Silage Additives Industry Overview
The silage additive market is consolidated with a few major global players garnering high market shares, especially in developed markets such as North America and Europe. Some of the major players in the silage additives market include BASF SE, Archer Daniels Midland Company, ForFarmers NV, Chr. Hansen, and Lallemand Animal Nutrition. These companies have been increasing R&D spending exponentially to integrate innovation with excellence in their products’ performance. Demand for highly efficient additives is expected to make the market more competitive and effectively dynamic during the forecast period.
Silage Additives Market Leaders
Archer Daniels Midland Company
Lallemand Animal Nutrition
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Silage Additives Market News
- November 2022: Alltech announced Egalis, a new range of high-quality silage inoculants that maximize nutrient quality retention and reduce dry matter loss.
- August 2021: Volac acquired Micron Bio-Systems, a UK-based bio-science solutions company. Micron Bio-Systems manufactures and sells silage additives at its site in the United Kingdom and the United States.
Silage Additives Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.3 Market Restraints
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.2 Organic Acids and Salts
5.1.6 Other Types
5.2 Silage Type
5.2.3 Other Silage Types
5.3.1 North America
126.96.36.199 United States
188.8.131.52 Rest of North America
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 South America
22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
126.96.36.199 Saudi Arabia
188.8.131.52 South Africa
184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Most Adopted Strategies
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 BASF SE
6.3.2 Archer Daniels Midland Company
6.3.3 ForFarmers NV
6.3.4 Chr. Hansen
6.3.5 Lallemand Animal Nutrition
6.3.6 Eastman Chemical Company
6.3.7 Nutreco NV
6.3.8 ADDCON GmbH
6.3.9 BIOMIN Holding GmbH
6.3.10 Kemin Industries Inc.
6.3.11 Nutreco NV
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Silage Additives Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Silage Additives Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Silage Additives Market?
The Silage Additives Market is growing at a CAGR of 4.2% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Silage Additives Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2018 - 2028.
Which region has largest share in Silage Additives Market?
North America holds highest share in 2022.
Who are the key players in Silage Additives Market?
BASF SE, Archer Daniels Midland Company, Chr. Hansen, ForFarmers NV, Lallemand Animal Nutrition are the major companies operating in Silage Additives Market.
Silage Additives Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Silage Additives market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Silage Additives analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.