Servo Motor Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Market Size (2023)||USD 13.01 Billion|
|Market Size (2028)||USD 17.26 Billion|
|CAGR (2023 - 2028)||5.82 %|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia-Pacific|
|Largest Market||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Servo Motor Market Analysis
The Global Servo Motor Market size is expected to grow from USD 13.01 billion in 2023 to USD 17.26 billion by 2028, at a CAGR of 5.82% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Recent technological advancements and government policies such as Minimum Energy Performance Standards (MEPS) in several countries have resulted in energy-efficient motor systems, which has increased the market for servo motors and drives.
- The most advanced motion control devices are servo motors. It employs advanced design techniques, high-force magnet materials, and precise dimensional tolerance. Although not a specific type of motor, these electrical devices are designed and intended for motion control applications requiring high performance, quick reversing, and precise positioning. Furthermore, it is simple to install and requires no maintenance, further driving their demand over the forecast period.
- The primary factor driving the market is the use of servo motors for automation. Technological advancements in servo systems have increased end-user interest. These electrical devices are used in various industries, including automobile manufacturing, packaging machines, food processing, semiconductors, and healthcare.
- As of February 2021, Allied Motion Technologies introduced the H Series Brushless Servo Motor Drive, which includes Hiperface DSL, multi-feedback device support, and Safe Torque Off (STO) safety options. The H-Drive is part of Allied's new AMS servo packages and is designed to drive the HeiMotion brushless servo motors and Megaflux series of brushless torque motors.
- Further, at Automate 2022, Kollmorgen debuted the new TMB2G Robot-Ready Frameless Servo Motors. At the June 2022 breakout session, Kollmorgen also talked about improving Robot Efficiency Through Permanent Magnet Motor Design and Selection.
- Some significant drivers influencing the market growth are rapid growth and advancements in automation, and increasing adoption of international energy-efficient standards. Stringent electricity utilization standards, rising electricity prices, and the need to replace outdated low-efficiency electric motors with highly efficient servo motors are expected to drive demand for servo motors over the forecast period.
- Global industrial production was disrupted as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Steel is a common raw material used in servo motors. Several disruptions occurred in the steel industry and hampered servo motor production. Furthermore, China is a major steel producer. Every year, the country produces half of the world's steel. Steel production was hampered by factory closures and trade restrictions imposed by the Chinese government during the pandemic.
Servo Motor Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Servo Motor Market according to our research experts:
Increasing Automation Advancement
- The growing use of automation in manufacturing processes and the incorporation of digitization and AI are the primary factors driving demand for industrial robots in the automotive sector.
- Automakers, such as KUKA AG, have automated their plants in recent years to reduce the number of issues on the shop floor, improve efficiency, and lower operational costs. Many companies have followed suit, automating their plants to gain better returns and efficiency, thereby driving the servo motors and drives market.
- For instance, in June 2022, Aerobotix and Automated Solutions Australia officially announced an international robotic automation partnership for developing, testing, and manufacturing hypersonic missiles. The Aerobotix-ASA collaboration will make it easier for the Australian defense sector and defense contractors to access both companies' automation expertise.
- Servo motors are used in material handling, packaging, factory automation, machine tools, assembly lines, and other demanding applications such as robotics, CNC machinery, and automated manufacturing in the industrial sector. As a result, increased automation and robotics adoption is expected to drive the market for servo motors in the automotive sector over the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America to Hold Significant Share
- In North America, the United States is the largest industrial robot user in the Americas, accounting for 79% of total installations in the region. Mexico comes second with 9%, and Canada comes third with 7% (source: International Federation of Robotics).
- For Instance, in December 2021, According to the Association for Advancing Automation, factories and industrial concerns in North America ordered a record 29,000 robots in the first nine months of 2021, a 37 % increase over the previous year (A3).
- Servo motors demand accuracy and repeatability in a country where multiple manufacturing processes are becoming increasingly automated. Unlike hydraulic pumps or induction motors, Servo motors are switched on and off during operation to consume less power saving up to 65%.
- The servo solution is based on the most recent single-source, system-based design ideas. It uses Kollmorgen's AKD2G servo drive and AKM2G servo motor's performance capabilities. It avoids micro-incompatibilities when engineers select components from different manufacturers because the motor and drive are precisely matched in every element (e.g., drive switching frequency, commutation algorithms, and motor magnetics).
- Applied motion products increased MDX Integrated servo motor acceptance on the supplier front. The certification ensures that the motors meet high-quality electrical safety standards in the United States. The motors from Integrated were tested by the ANSI/UL standards 1004-1 Rotating Electrical Machines, 1004-6 Servo and Stepper Motors, and 61800-5-1 Adjustable Speed Drives. The certifications are listed as UL file number E472271.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Servo Motor Industry Overview
The market for servo motors is expected to be highly competitive over the forecast period, as market participants are increasingly focusing on new product development with a sharp focus on overcoming the processor's shortcomings. The players are also focusing on partnerships, mergers, and acquisitions to broaden their consumer base. Organizations such as ABB Ltd., Allied Motion Technologies, Inc., Ametek, Inc., General Electric Company, Nidec Corporation, Rockwell Automation Inc., Schneider Electric, Emerson Electric Company, Siemens AG, WEG Industries, Hitachi Ltd., Oriental Motor, Mitsubishi Electric Corp., Yaskawa Electric Corp. are the key performers in manufacturing servo motor globally.
- November 2021- Rockwell Automation, Inc. announced the expansion of its PowerFlex AC variable frequency drive portfolio to support a wider range of motor control applications. Customers will benefit from increased flexibility, performance, and intelligence in their next-generation drive thanks to TotalFORCE Technology.
- April 2021- By adding new servo motors, Siemens is expanding the range of applications for its Sinamics S210 single-cable servo drive system. The company is launching the Simotics S-1FS2, a motor version with a stainless-steel housing, the highest level of protection IP67/IP69, and high-resolution 22-bit absolute multiturn encoders for use in the pharmaceutical and food industries.
Servo Motor Market Leaders
Yaskawa Electric Corporation
Rockwell Automation, Inc.
Delta Electronics, Inc.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Servo Motor Market News
- May 2022- SANMOTION G, a new servo system from SANYO DENKI CO., LTD., features industry-leading servo performance in a compact, lightweight, energy-efficient design. It is suitable for semiconductor manufacturing equipment, machine tools, food processing equipment, and medical equipment.
- April 2022- Kollmorgen introduces a new generation of frameless servo motors for robots. The new TBM2G series of frameless servo motors includes features that simplify the design of collaborative, surgical, aerospace, defense, and other robots while providing optimal performance in a lighter, more compact package. These new motors will be used in conjunction with Kollmorgen's existing TBM and KBM series of frameless motors.
Servo Motor Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Increasing the adoption of international energy-efficiency standards
5.1.2 Growing Automation Advancements
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 Growing the availability of low-cost alternatives
6.1 By Motor Type
6.1.1 AC Servo Motor
6.1.2 DC Servo Motor
6.2 By End-user Industry
6.2.1 Oil & Gas
6.2.2 Chemical & Petrochemical
6.2.3 Power Generation
6.2.4 Water & Wastewater
6.2.5 Metal & Mining
6.2.6 Food & Beverage
6.2.7 Discrete Industries
6.2.8 Other End-user Industries
6.3.1 North America
126.96.36.199 United States
188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
220.127.116.11 South Korea
18.104.22.168 Australia & New Zealand
22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.3.4 Latin America
126.96.36.199 Rest of Latin America
6.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
188.8.131.52 United Arab Emirates
184.108.40.206 Saudi Arabia
220.127.116.11 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
7. VENDOR MARKET SHARE
8. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
8.1 Company Profiles
8.1.1 Yaskawa Electric Corporation
8.1.2 ABB Ltd.
8.1.3 Siemens AG
8.1.4 Rockwell Automation, Inc.
8.1.5 Delta Electronics, Inc.
8.1.6 Maxon Precision Motors, Inc.
8.1.7 Mitsubishi Electric Corp.
8.1.8 FANUC Corp.
8.1.9 SANMOTION R.
8.1.10 Schneider Electric
- *List Not Exhaustive
9. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
10. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
Servo Motor Market Research FAQs
How big is the Global Servo Motor Market?
The Global Servo Motor Market size is expected to reach USD 13.01 billion in 2023 and grow at a CAGR of 5.82% to reach USD 17.26 billion by 2028.
What is the current Global Servo Motor Market size?
In 2023, the Global Servo Motor Market size is expected to reach USD 13.01 billion.
Who are the key players in Global Servo Motor Market?
Yaskawa Electric Corporation, ABB Ltd., Siemens AG, Rockwell Automation, Inc. and Delta Electronics, Inc. are the major companies operating in the Global Servo Motor Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Global Servo Motor Market?
Asia-Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2023-2028).
Which region has the biggest share in Global Servo Motor Market?
In 2023, the North America accounts for the largest market share in Global Servo Motor Market.
Servo Motor Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Servo Motor market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Servo Motor analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.