|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The print label market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.2% over the forecast period (2021 - 2026). Packaging and label segments are considerably stable in the COVID-19 period, owing to the increasing demand for food and pharmaceutical packaging. However, the COVID-19 outbreak disrupted the supply chain across various end-user industries like food and beverage, healthcare, and industrial.
- With a growing number of SKUs, reduction in average job lengths and life-cycles for mass-produced products, and increase of the regulatory content on the label, there is an increasing demand for more attractive labels from print label customers. Moreover, increasing demand for manufactured goods and an upsurge in the disposable income of people are also expected to drive the print label market during the forecast period.
- Many organizations like Nilpeter, Xeikon, and Bobst Firenze, among others, believe that digitally printed label is suited to meet the market's demands and has an added advantage over traditional printing technologies. Digital technology has met the multiple requirements of various end-user industries in making attractive label designs to encourage potential consumers to make purchases. The integration of digital technology with the existing label printing technique is expected to bring a huge change to all the small-scale and large-scale sectors, improving the overall market.
- The players in the market are also focusing on strengthening their sales and distribution channels. For instance, Xeikon opened an innovation center in Shanghai designed to support the expanding Chinese needs. The facility is expected to enable visitors and customers to test a variety of applications and options for new revenue streams and business growth. Domino continues to grow and invest in resources for its digital printing business with the appointments of several new hires in service and support roles within North America.
- Label application problems are caused mainly by environmental conditions, namely temperature and humidity. If possible, applying the labels only in dry, room-temperature conditions can be preserved. However, avoiding extreme temperatures or humidity is not always possible in winter, summer, and cold warehouses.
Scope of the Report
The print label is a piece of paper, plastic film, cloth, metal, or other material affixed to a container or product, which has printed information or symbols about the product or item. Information may also be printed directly on a container or article. Moreover, print labels are the primary source of communication between a company and its customers. Labels contribute majorly to how a consumer perceives a product while looking at a product label and how much of an impact it makes on the consumer’s mind.
Various printing processes, such as flexography and gravure screen, many label formats, such as wet-glue labels and linerless labels, among others, and different end-user industries, such as food, beverage, and healthcare, among others, are analyzed as a part of the study.
|Multi-part tracking labels|
|Industrial (Automotive, Industrial Chemicals, Consumer and NonConsumer Durables)|
|Other End-User Industries|
|Middle East and Africa|
Key Market Trends
Food industry is Expected to Hold a Significant Share
- The food industry is expected to account for a significant share of the print label market during the forecast period. Consumers are now more aware of the content of the food they consume. There has been more emphasis on the materials of the products displayed on the label, due to which manufacturers are opting for more prominent labels.
- Moreover, the growing demand for packaged food is also influencing the growth of this market as it ensures food quality, safety, and long shelf life. According to the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI), the expenditure on packaged foods is increasing (at an inflection point) due to increased per capita income, urbanization, and an increase in the number of working hours women.
- As the global economies advance, there is greater penetration of modern retail trade outlets, such as supermarkets and convenience stores, which can carry a broader range of frozen food products in several emerging markets. According to the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), products of frozen and packaged foods in particular increased dramatically. The sales of personalized packed food were 56% higher year on year in Germany.
- According to Label Insight and the Food Marketing Institute, 86% of the shoppers have transparency on their minds when grocery shopping would feel a higher sense of trust for food manufacturers and retailers that provide complete easy-to-understand ingredients information.
- Moreover, according to Krones, which offers lines for the beverage industry and food producers, among all products, water was highest in terms of consumption of packed beverages worldwide, amounting to 450.5 billion liters, followed by Alcoholic beverages at 244.2 billion liters, Milk, and Dairy drinks at 233.4 billion liters, carbonated soft drinks at 211.9 billion liters, fruit and vegetable juices and new drinks at 80.8 billion liters and 71.6 billion liters respectively.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia Pacific is Expected to Hold a Major Share
- The sales of processed food in the domestic market have been increasing fast, which is expected to drive the demand for print labels over the forecast period. According to the India Brand Equity Foundation (IBEF), the packaged food industry is expected to cross USD 65 billion by 2020 and become the third-largest market for packaged food. Also, according to the recent data released by the Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India, the market size for organized packaged food is expected to reach INR 780 million, in 2020, from INR 530 million, in 2016.
- Recently, Coca-Cola India stepped up regionalization efforts by launching Bengali packaging for West Bengal. Consumers in West Bengal will now buy bottles of Coca-Cola and Minute Maid, which will be labeled in the Bengali language. The company will also extend this move with product and marketing localization in other states.
- The increasing need for quality water and the health-conscious drinking habit has resulted in the increased consumption of bottled water, where labeling plays a vital role in displaying the information of the content. For instance, according to DCC China, bottled water consumption was expected to reach 49 million metric tons by 2020. Such instances indicate that the market in the region is poised to grow over the forecast period.
- However, the growth in the market is driven by shrink sleeves and in-mold labels rather than pressure-sensitive labels. It also stated that Japan remains a letterpress-driven market, with more than 90% of the Japanese label converters operating flatbed letterpress machines and 40% semi-rotary letterpress and flexo accounting for a mere percentage of the press market.
- It was also stated that, by 2025, all products at drug stores would have RFID labels. The region has 20,000 smaller retail stores, with an average of 30,000 items each. Hence it is estimated that by 2025, the number of RFID tags in all retail environments could reach 428.5 billion. Such instances indicate that the print labels market in the region is poised to grow over the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The print label market is highly competitive and consists of several major players. The market is highly fragmented many companies are increasing their market presence by introducing new products or entering into strategic partnerships or acquisitions.
- April 2021 - Neenah Inc. achieved nine verified U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Certified Biobased Products in its durable label solutions lineup, which states its commitment to sustainability efforts. With this third-party verification, various DISPERSA, ENDURA, and PREVAIL durable label and board products have earned the ability to display a unique USDA label highlighting their biobased content ranging from 68-99%.
- March 2021 - Fort Dearborn acquired Hammer Packaging Corporation, so it can take advantage of Hammer's technology to enhance its position in the decorative label and packaging marketplace by further expanding the company's geographic footprint, capacity, and capabilities.
- February 2021 - Mondi Group launched two new paper-based sustainable EverLiner products - EverLiner Labelite and EverLiner M R, which are created using recycled and lightweight materials. They provide more sustainable solutions in a range of applications.
- March 2021 - Multi-Color Corporation expanded its in-mold labeling network with the acquisition of Harrods, an in-mold label (IML) solutions provider. This acquisition will help the company expand its product portfolio and expand its operations in the Asia-Pacific region.
- February 2021 -Heat Sealing Packaging Supplies and Equipment, a food packaging solutions company, joined Ravenwood’s global distributor network for driving linerless in Canada. The partnership was done with the company’s investment in a Ravenwood Nobac 5000 demo sleever. The Nobac range is designed for maximum flexibility, for applying Ravenwood linerless labels to many food types and pack specifications.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.2.5 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Evolution of Digital Print Technology
5.1.2 Increased Focus toward Manufacturing in the Developing Economies
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Lack of Products with Ability to Withstand Harsh Climatic Conditions
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 Print Process
6.1.1 Offset lithography
6.2 Label Format
6.2.1 Wet-glue labels
6.2.2 Pressure-sensitive labels
6.2.3 Linerless labels
6.2.4 Multi-part tracking labels
6.2.5 In-mold labels
6.3.6 Industrial (Automotive, Industrial Chemicals, Consumer and NonConsumer Durables)
6.3.8 Other End-User Industries
6.4.1 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 The Netherlands
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
6.4.3 Asia Pacific
22.214.171.124 South Korea
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia Pacific
6.4.4 Latin America
188.8.131.52 Rest of Latin America
6.4.5 Middle East and Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Fort Dearborn Company
7.1.2 Multi-Color Corporation
7.1.3 Mondi Group
7.1.4 Ahlstrom-Munksjo Oyj
7.1.5 Autajon Group
7.1.6 Avery Dennison Corporation
7.1.7 CCL Industries
7.1.8 Multi Packaging Solutions (WestRock Company)
7.1.9 Clondalkin Group
7.1.10 Cenveo Corporation
7.1.11 Brady Corporation
7.1.12 Fuji Seal International Inc
7.1.13 Constantia Flexibles Group GmbH
7.1.14 R.R. Donnelley & Sons Company
7.1.15 3M Company
7.1.16 Taylor Corporation
7.1.17 Huhtamaki OYJ
7.1.18 Taghleef Industries Inc.
7.1.19 Ravenwood Packaging
7.1.20 Sato America
7.1.22 Fedrigoni Self-Adhesives (Fedrigoni Group)
7.1.23 Epac holdings LLC
7.1.24 Neenah Inc
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OUTLOOK OF THE MAREKET
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Global Print Label Market market is studied from 2019 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Global Print Label Market?
The Global Print Label Market is growing at a CAGR of 4.2% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Global Print Label Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Global Print Label Market?
North America holds highest share in 2020.
Who are the key players in Global Print Label Market?
Cenveo Corporation, Constantia Flexibles Group GmbH, Fort Dearborn Company, Avery Dennison Corporation, Mondi Group are the major companies operating in Global Print Label Market.