|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia-Pacific|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The global sensors and actuators market is expected to register a CAGR of 8.24% over the forecast period (2022 - 2027). The market across the world is growing owing to the demand for factory automation applications. The COVID-19 pandemic has significantly accelerated the longstanding trend toward factory automation.
- The factory automation industry has been revolutionized by combining the digital and physical aspects of manufacturing, including sensors and actuators, which aim to deliver optimum performance. Further, the focus on achieving zero waste production and shorter time to market has augmented the sensors and actuators market growth.
- The rise in automation of production systems in both discrete and process industries has increased the demand for components capable of providing critical data related to the production process. These sensors facilitate process control in factories by detecting the presence and position of metal objects.
- Electric actuators, a standard option for various applications across industries, including IoT, convert energy into mechanical torque. Electric energy is considered less noisy in operation than other actuator types. Electric actuators don't require fluid to run, and they offer high-control precision positioning owing to programmability. These actuators are poised to witness increasing demand in the near future due to their advantages over pneumatic actuators.
- Manual setup and adjustment are required for pneumatic actuators, and it is relatively difficult to get precise feedback on their speed and position. In contrast, the encoder is embedded into the electric actuator enabling more precise movement.
- Miniaturization has been driving the sensors and actuators market, supported by the development of new sensor and actuator modalities by leveraging the available semiconductor expertise.
Scope of the Report
Sensors and actuators generally work together to automate and streamline industrial processes. A sensor is an electrical instrument that monitors and measures physical aspects of the environment and sends electrical signals to a control center when specific pre-determined conditions are detected. Sensors turn physical inputs into electrical signal output. Actuators receive electrical signals from control modules and turn them into physical outputs.
|Oil & Gas|
|Aerospace & Defense|
|Other End-user Industries (Energy, Water & Wastewater, Mining, etc.)|
|Middle-East and Africa|
Key Market Trends
Emergence of Automation and Industry 4.0
- Sensors and actuators are an integral part of the industrial automation system as they help achieve precision and efficiency. The need for motion control technologies using sensors and actuators plays a significant role in the factory and industrial automation systems.
- SCADA (supervisory control and data acquisition) components include sensors and actuators. SCADA systems include components deployed in the field to collect real-time data and related systems to allow data collection and enhance industrial automation.
- Servo motors have become an essential component for realizing factory automation where the servo motor itself functions as a sensor and the traditional high-speed and high-precision performance.
- Moreover, industrial robots have been increasingly utilized in industrial automation. Sensors and actuators are one of the key components of these robots. China, the United States, and Japan are at the forefront of industrial robots adoption. In response to the growing demand, market players also introduce robot-specific products.
- For instance, in April 2022, Kollmorgen announced a new TBM2G series of frameless servo motors having features that simplify the design of collaborative, industrial, aerospace and defense, and other robots while offering better performance in a lighter and more compact package.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific is Expected to Grow with the Highest CAGR
- China's political push for industrial modernization creates a huge demand for smart manufacturing products, like smart sensors, wireless sensor networks, improved actuators, etc. International suppliers of sensors and actuator technologies are currently focusing on China to cater to growing demand from the country's manufacturing industry. China's industry has an enormous demand for high-end machine tools, smart sensors, and other technologies.
- India is fast accelerating the deployment of several emerging sensors and IoT technologies. The country provides an opportunity to deploy these technologies at a larger scale to bring economies of scale. Advanced IoT-based opportunities and ecosystems are developing consistently. The Indian Government is taking steps to push the adoption of emerging technologies with innovative initiatives, including Make in India, Digital India, Smart Cities, etc. These initiatives are expected to further boost the sensors and actuators market in the country.
- With the COVID-19 impact, in the long-term, it is expected that manufacturers operating in the Asia Pacific adopt Industry 4.0 procedures to become more agile and limit production and distribution shortfalls should an event similar to this ever happen again.
- The Asia-Pacific region has long been a major manufacturing base, and the industry continues to be a strong adopter of the Internet of Things (IoT). According to Microsoft IoT Signals Report published in February 2022, IoT is currently much more widely adopted across industry verticals, and across the world, with smart spaces, a significant focus for many markets in the Asia Pacific region, becoming one of the leading application areas.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The global sensors and actuators market is fragmented as numerous international companies, such as TE Connectivity, Texas Instruments Inc., Honeywell International Inc., Emerson Electric Company, and SMC Corporation, are operating.
- In September 2021, TE Connectivity, a leading company in connectivity and sensors, acquired ERNI Group AG (ERNI), a leading player in electronic connectivity for factory automation and automotive. The acquisition of ERNI complements TE Connectivity's wide connectivity product portfolio, specifically in high-speed and fine-pitch connectors for automotive, factory automation, and other industrial applications.
- In August 2021, Parker Hannifin Corporation, a leading market player in motion and control technologies, announced the acquisition of Meggitt PLC, a company operating in aerospace and defense motion and control technologies. In Coventry, United Kingdom, Meggitt PLC had approximately USD 2.3 billion in annual revenue in annual revenue in 2020.
- October 2021 - Curtiss-Wright announced the launch of its newest actuators with integral controls, the Exlar SA-R080 rotary, and SA-L080 linear actuator. The SA-080 is a frame size (80 mm) in the harsh environment control and sense series of industrial electro-mechanical actuators.
- October 2021 - Ewellix developed a smart electro-mechanical actuator with extended functionality for application in demanding applications such as construction and agricultural machinery. This smart actuator, CAHB-2xS, provides four new or enhanced features: accurate position sensors, control, built-in monitoring or diagnostics, and communication.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3.5 Threat of Substitutes
4.4 COVID-19 Impact on the Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Emergence of Automation and Industry 4.0
5.1.2 Increasing Demand from Automotive Industry
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 Higher Initial Equipment Cost coupled with Installation and Maintenance Costs for Some Products
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 Product Type
220.127.116.11 Pressure Sensors
18.104.22.168 Temperature Sensors
22.214.171.124 Position Sensors
126.96.36.199 Level Sensors
188.8.131.52 Image Sensors
184.108.40.206 Chemical Sensors
220.127.116.11 Torque Sensors
18.104.22.168 Type of Power Used
22.214.171.124.1 Hydraulic Actuators
126.96.36.199.2 Pneumatic Actuators
188.8.131.52.3 Electrical Actuators
184.108.40.206.4 Magnetic Actuators
220.127.116.11.5 Mechanical Actuators
18.104.22.168 Type of Motion
22.214.171.124.1 Linear Actuators
126.96.36.199.2 Rotary Actuators
6.2 End-user Industry
6.2.3 Oil & Gas
6.2.4 Consumer Electronics
6.2.6 Aerospace & Defense
6.2.7 Other End-user Industries (Energy, Water & Wastewater, Mining, etc.)
6.3 By Geography
6.3.1 North America
6.3.4 Latin America
6.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 TE Connectivity
7.1.2 Texas Instruments Inc.
7.1.3 Honeywell International Inc.
7.1.4 Bosch Sensortec GmbH
7.1.5 Renesas Electronics Corporation
7.1.6 Emerson Electric Co.
7.1.7 SMC Corporation
7.1.8 Flowserve Corporation
7.1.9 Schlumberger Limited
7.1.10 Parker-Hannifin Corporation
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Global Sensors and Actuators Market market is studied from 2020 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Global Sensors and Actuators Market?
The Global Sensors and Actuators Market is growing at a CAGR of 8.24% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Global Sensors and Actuators Market?
Asia-Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Global Sensors and Actuators Market?
Asia-Pacific holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Global Sensors and Actuators Market?
TE Connectivity Ltd, Texas Instruments Inc, Honeywell International Inc, Emerson Electric Co., SMC Corporation are the major companies operating in Global Sensors and Actuators Market.