Seed treatment can be defined as the application of chemical ingredients or biological organisms to the seed, which enables suppressing, controlling or repelling plant pathogens, insects, or other pests that attack seeds, seedlings or plants. Seed-applied technologies, such as inoculants, herbicide safeners, micronutrients, plant growth regulators, seed coatings, and colorants, among others, can also be applied to the seed. Treated seeds can be planted and not used for food or feed purposes.
Need for the Biological Seed Treatment
Environmental concerns, regarding the use of chemical seed treatment agents, have been gaining ground. As a result, since past few years, the market for biological seed treatment agents that are free from these toxic chemicals and provide treatment options on par with or better than chemical agents have been in demand. This trend is likely to sustain over the coming years.
Asia-Pacific is expected to be the Fastest Growing Market
During the past few years, Asia-Pacific has been witnessing a sustained demand for seed treatments. This factor highlights a scope for the region to emerge as the fastest growing global market over the coming half-a-decade. China and India have been the growth engines for the Asia-Pacific market. As of 2013, these two countries, together, accounted for over 73% of the market demand. They have been putting emphasis on upgrading their agricultural practices, which is expected to act as a catalyst and propel the demand for seed treatment in Asia-Pacific.
Key Developments in the Market
- 2017: Albaugh, LLC launched a new biological seed treatment platform called BIOST . This seed treatment is expected to provide the seed treatment industry and growers with a broad portfolio of biological products that have been selected and tested by Albaugh, on the basis of field performance and grower return on investment.
- 2016: Syngenta launched the EPIVIO™ brand family, a range of new bio-stimulants, which addresses abiotic stresses through seed treatment.
Major Key Players: Adama, Advanced Biological Marketing Inc., Makhteshim Agan Industries Ltd, BASF SE, Bayers Crop Science AG, Bioworks Inc., Brettyoung Limited, Dupont, Germains Seed Technology, Verdesian Life Science, Monsanto Company, Novozymes A/S, Nufarm Ltd., Plant Health Care, Precision Laboratories LLC, Syngenta International AG, Valent Usa Corporation, and Wolf Trax Inc.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Growth, trends, and forecast for the global biological seed treatment during 2018-2023.
- The market’s functionalities and the changes that are possible to follow
- Analyze various market perspectives, with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Major developments in the market that will help understand the nature and scope of this market from a macro perspective
- Information regarding market overview, especially in terms of maturity, which is essential toward developing apt growth strategies
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel.
Customization of the Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Market Definition
1.2 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Scope & Methodology
2.1 Study Deliverables
2.2 Market Segmentation
2.3 Study Assumptions
2.4 Research Methodology
2.5 Research Phases
3. Market Dynamics
3.1.1 Rise In Cost Of High Quality Seeds
3.1.2 Increase in Investments in R&D and New Entrants
3.1.3 Increase in Organic Farming
3.2.1 High Cost Of Biological Seed Treatment
3.2.2 Limited Adoption of Biological Seed Treatment
3.3 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.3.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Function
4.1.1 Seed Protection
4.1.2 Seed Enhancement
4.2 By Crop Type
4.2.1 Grains and Cereals
4.2.2 Oil Seeds
4.3 By Geography
4.3.1 North America
4.3.4 South America
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
5.2 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
5.3 Market Share Analysis
6. Company Profiles
6.2 Bayer CropScience Limited
6.3 Bioworks Inc
6.6 Germains Seed Technology
6.7 Monsanto BioAg
6.9 Marrone Bio Innovations
6.10 Groundwork Bio Ag
7. Future Outlook of the Market
8.1 List of Figures