Peanut butter has led the way for other nut-based spreads like almond, cashew, macadamia nut, coconut and walnut to enter the industry and offer a wider variety of spreads for consumers. The nut spreads industry has witnessed a growth of 37% from 2010 to 2014. By 2015, the sales are likely to hit 5.8 billion USD.
The sales for peanut butter in UK have increased by 25% while jam sales have remained stagnant in the last 4 years. Around 7.7% of consumers have switched from jam to peanut butter. The nut spread sales is largely dependent on the sales of bread. Peanut butter and chocolate spreads are displacing jam and marmalade as the most popular breakfast spreads. Product innovation is the key driving factor for new brands which are providing a stiff competition to the already established ones in the spreads market.
Food spreads are an integral part of every breakfast and this has led to their steady growth. The rising health consciousness among consumers has given way to new low-calorie spreads. The major market players in this industry are Unilever Group, Wellness Foods Ltd., Premier Foods Plc, Ferrero Group, and Andros SAS.
In this report we offer,
1) A key insight into the market size, share and forecast for food spreads
2) Analysis of the dominant regions in food spreads including North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and the rest of the world.
3) Analysis of the drivers/inhibitors/opportunity analysis for each of the micro markets.
4) Segmentation of the food spreads market by type of spreads- jams, jellies, nut based, chocolate based, fruit based and honey.
Why should you buy this report?
1) For getting a comprehensive overview of the worldwide food spreads market
2) To gain wide ranging information about the major players in this industry and the strategies adopted by them.
3) To understand which categories of food spreads are doing well in the market and which are not.
4) To gain an insight about the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and also identify the regions which are untapped.