|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia-Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Global Medical & Pharmaceutical Pouch Market is expected to register a CAGR of 5.4% during the forecast period (2022-2027). An increase in the consumption of medical and pharmaceutical pouches was predicted due to an increase in the occurrence of infections and a rise in the sales of drugs to treat various respiratory disorders. The rise in overall medicine sales was also a major factor, as lockdown limitations imposed by several governments worldwide
- Pharmaceutical sector technological advancements are rapidly changing the drug delivery mechanism and chemical ingredients. A higher and more modern packaging is required to ensure the appropriate working and protection of the new medication delivery technology.
- Further, Pharmaceutical pouches are one type of packaging widely utilized in modern medication delivery systems. Pharmaceutical pouches are available in child-resistant and senior citizen-friendly forms and mechanisms, in addition to barrier qualities against the external environment.
- Pouches are commonly used containers for small-to-medium-sized soft, semi-soft sterile medical goods sold and are not vulnerable to damage during shipment and storage. The applications include intravenous (IV) catheters, IV administration sets, dialysis disconnect caps, wound dressings, small surgical instruments, diagnostic test packs, sutures, and dental supplies
- The pharmaceutical sector plays a vital role in the market, moving from manufacturing generics to new drug development. The Healthy China 2030 initiative underlines this shift. Hence, the growth of the pharmaceutical industry is expected to create opportunities, thereby driving the medical & pharmaceutical pouch market's growth positively.
Scope of the Report
Pouch packaging is a flexible packaging product that accommodates thermoplastic liquid products and is constructed of the barrier film, foil, spout, and cap fitments. Pouches are built with the consumer's needs in mind, with various sizing options to fit any product. The Study covers material type, product type, across major applications such as tablet/capsule, powder, drug delivery system. The study also covers demand across various regions and study considers the impact of COVID-19 on the market.
|By Product Type|
|Tamper Evident Pouch|
|High Barrier Pouch|
|Drug Delivery System|
|Middle East and Africa|
Key Market Trends
Increasing Growth of Healthcare & Pharmaceutical To Augment The Market Growth
- The polyethylene market witnessed to show an increasing trend. This is due to an increase in demand for polyethylene items including plastic pouches. Polyethylene, commonly known as polythene or polyethylene, is a polyolefin resin made up of long ethylene monomer chains. It belongs to the polyolefin resins family. Polyethylene's advantages, such as higher impact strength, strong chemical resistance, high ductility, and low weight, are projected to propel the industry forward.
- A surge in bio-degradable polyethylene may provide new growth prospects for the polyethylene market throughout the forecast period, owing to increased environmental concerns and stricter government restrictions. The emergence of innovative methods for using recycled plastic effectively boosts the polyethylene market's growth.
- Further, the US food and drug administration (FDA) regulates sterilization packaging intended for use in health care under Cfr title 21 880.6850 and classifies it as A class II medical device. Manufacturers must submit A 510(k) outlining the validation testing and results in order to market products. With the adhering to compliance, the market demand for pouches significantly tends to rise in the united states.
- Pharmaceutical pouches are predicted to grow in popularity in the industry due to their numerous advantages. These pouches are preferred by pharmaceutical businesses because they can protect drugs from harmful rays or the environment, and they can be engraved with a prescription.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia Pacific Expected to Witness Significant Market Share
- The Asia Pacific Pharmaceutical Market is expected to grow rapidly during the forecasted period. Pharma packaging has been boosted by the constantly developing pharmaceutical industry worldwide. Pharmaceutical packaging is in high demand in densely populated areas such as India and China. Increased pharmaceutical output in these countries has boosted demand even further.
- The region comprises of pharma giants such as China and India, which are prominent providers in the pharmaceutical industry. The home market is predicted to rise thrice in the next decade, according to the Indian Economic Survey 2021. In 2021, India's domestic pharmaceutical market is expected to be worth USD 42 billion, rising to USD 65 billion by 2024 and USD 120-130 billion by 2030.
- During the forecast period, factors such as sustainable packaging, durability, and recyclables, as well as the growing propensity of various end-users such as hospitals and medicine manufacturers, are likely to promote the use of pouches. Due to supply chain interruptions, the prices of essential pharmaceutical ingredients have risen, which is projected to raise the costs of various product types.
- The introduction of stringent laws to enhance the quality and integrity of domestically manufactured drugs has led to an increase in the usage of glass for pharmaceutical packaging solutions. Also, the rising demand for sterile medical packaging products from the industry would further drive the market's growth over the forecast period in the region.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The Global Medical & Pharmaceutical Pouch Market is moderately competitive, with a considerable number of regional and global players. Key players include ProAmpac., Glenroy, Inc., Nelipak Corporation, Oliver and Amcor Plc
- June 2022 - At the Med-tech Innovation Expo, Oliver Healthcare Packaging, a leading supplier of pouches, lidding, roll stock, and cleancut mounting cards, demonstrated innovative products. During the sterilization, transportation, and storage operations, their packaging safeguards medical devices and pharmaceutical products.
- June 2021 - Amcor introduced a multi-chamber pouch for drug-device combination items offered for the first time in Europe and has already received a 2021 Award from the Flexible Packaging Association for technological innovation and material structure.
- December 2021 - UFP Technologies, a manufacturer of medical components, subassemblies, products, and packaging, acquired DAS Medical of the United States for an unknown sum. DAS Medical is a company based in Atlanta, Georgia, that designs, develops, and manufactures single-use surgical equipment covers, robotic draping systems, and fluid control pouches.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumption and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Porters Five Force Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power Of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.2.3 Threat Of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat Of Substitutes
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Assessment of COVID-19 Impact on the Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Growing Need for Lightweight Pouches by Consumers
5.1.2 Increasing Spending on Healthcare & Pharmaceutical to Augment the Market Growth
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 Increasing Raw Material Costs
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Material
6.1.2 Polyvinyl Chloride
6.1.4 Polyethylene Terephthalate
6.1.5 Other Materials
6.2 By Product Type
6.2.1 Breathable Pouch
6.2.2 Tamper Evident Pouch
6.2.3 Non-Peelable Pouch
6.2.4 High Barrier Pouch
6.3 By Application
6.3.3 Drug Delivery System
6.4 By Geography
6.4.1 North America
6.4.3 Asia Pacific
6.4.4 Latin America
6.4.5 Middle East and Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.2 GFR Pharma Ltd
7.1.3 Glenroy, Inc.
7.1.4 Nelipak Corporation
7.1.6 Amcor Plc
7.1.8 American FlexPack
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Global Medical & Pharmaceutical Pouch Market market is studied from 2020 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Global Medical & Pharmaceutical Pouch Market ?
The Global Medical & Pharmaceutical Pouch Market is growing at a CAGR of 5.4% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Global Medical & Pharmaceutical Pouch Market ?
Asia-Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Global Medical & Pharmaceutical Pouch Market ?
North America holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Global Medical & Pharmaceutical Pouch Market ?
ProAmpac. , Oliver, Amcor Plc, Nelipak Corporation, Glenroy, Inc. are the major companies operating in Global Medical & Pharmaceutical Pouch Market .