Marine Applications Inertial Systems Market Size
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia-Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Marine Applications Inertial Systems Market Analysis
The inertial system market in marine applications is expected to record a CAGR of 10.31% over the forecast period. The rapid advancement of the global lifestyle has produced easier equipment to operate, accomplished with the use of motion-sensing technology that heavily utilizes inertial sensors.
- MEMS-based solutions have gained popularity in the navigation sector over the past few years due to improved error characteristics, environmental stability, increased bandwidth, improved g-sensitivity, and the growing accessibility of embedded computing power to run sophisticated fusion and sensor error modeling algorithms. Vendors are switching from FOG to MEMS technology, and antenna array stabilization applications appear to follow suit.
- The cost differential between MEMS-based systems and conventional FOG or RLG navigation systems, which cost over USD 30,000 instead of USD 1,000 for MEMS-based navigation systems, is one of the main factors driving growth in MEMS-based systems. However, compared to other systems on the market, FOG- and RLG-based solutions provide more precision.
- The market is also being driven by an increase in applications based on motion sensing. The ongoing downsizing of sensors and related components is concentrating progress toward sophisticated function sensors. For instance, Xsens improved versions of its motion-sensing Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) modules from the MTi 1-series, which offer improved roll, pitch, and yaw measurement accuracy and higher tolerance of mechanical stress compared to the first generation of the product in various energy and infrastructure projects.
- The price of INS systems, including purchase, operation, and maintenance, is a drawback. Other drawbacks include heat dissipation and escalating navigational mistakes over time. The size, weight, and power criteria are still greater than those for GPS receivers, although they decrease over time as technology advances.
- Numerous commercial and non-commercial operations have been put on hold due to the COVID-19 outbreak. The shipping and maritime sector is one of the businesses severely impacted by the outbreak. Since their workforces have been curtailed for safety reasons and to stop the spread of COVID-19, the pandemic has left the shipping and maritime sectors in the worst conceivable position.
Marine Applications Inertial Systems Industry Segmentation
The inertial navigation system (INS) is a self-contained navigation mechanism that tracks the location and orientation of an item in relation to a specified starting point, orientation, and velocity using data provided by accelerometers and gyroscopes.
The inertial systems market in marine applications is segmented by component (accelerometers, IMUs, gyroscopes, magnetometer, attitude heading, and reference systems) and geography.
The market sizes and forecasts are provided in terms of value (USD million) for all the above segments.
|Rest of the World|
Marine Applications Inertial Systems Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Marine Applications Inertial Systems Market according to our research experts:
Evolving Need for High-Accuracy Inertial Systems Driving the Growth of the Market
- Marine inertial systems provide orientation, position, and velocity data to unmanned marine and maritime systems, such as autonomous underwater vehicles (AUVs), unmanned underwater vehicles (UUVs), unmanned surface boats, and remotely operated vehicles (ROVs). Since autonomous surface and underwater navigation depend on exact heading, velocity, pitch, roll, and location data, marine INS is essential. They also help UUVs and USVs maintain their station and stability in choppy waters while providing information to ROV operators on where their craft should be.
- Silicon Sensing Systems, for instance, has a long history of using these technologies to meet the demands of quickly expanding offshore sectors. The company designs and manufactures industry-leading MEMS-based inertial sensors for a range of high-tech applications. The systems required to monitor and control precise motion and position on ships, submarines, and other maritime vehicles include MEMS inertial sensors.
- The development of MEMS technology and the increased demand for navigational accuracy can be credited with the growth of inertial systems. A sizeable market share is anticipated for navigational systems. Inertial measurement units (IMUs) utilized for naval applications have bias stability of 0.05–0.5 °/h for short-term navigation and 0.0001–0.01 °/h for high-grade navigation.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific is Expected to be the Fastest-Growing Region in the Market
- The Asia-Pacific region includes China and India, two of the world's economies with the highest growth rates. Commercial interactions between these nations, whose maritime routes make up the majority of international commerce, drive the growth of the marine transportation business.
- Trends in container port-handling operations worldwide show Asia's dominant global trade and transportation position. Asian countries are seeing a major increase in intra-regional trade, mostly driven by manufacturing trade and reflecting dispersed production processes where components are produced in many locations throughout Asia and assembled in another.
- Most of the increased demand came from Asia, helped by ongoing changes to energy policy and expanded export capacity in Australia and the United States. New, high-performance accelerometers are developing in the region as businesses invest in creating complex and innovative accelerometers. Trade is expected to increase, boosted by marine transportation.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Marine Applications Inertial Systems Industry Overview
The market is partially fragmented due to the presence of various inertial systems solution providers. However, vendors consistently focus on product development to enhance their visibility and global presence. The companies are also undergoing strategic partnerships and acquisitions to gain market traction and increase market share. The key players are Honeywell International Inc., Bosch Sensortec GmbH, Northrop Grumman Corporation, ST Microelectronics, etc.
- September 2022 - Groupe Gorgé announced that the acquisition of iXblue was a significant accomplishment. The merger between ECA Group and iXblue will help in the emergence of a European high-tech industrial leader in robotics, marine, navigation, aerospace, and photonics. Customers will receive a special offer from iXblue and ECA Group that ranges from simple components to intricate systems to support important operations in challenging terrain.
Marine Applications Inertial Systems Market Leaders
Honeywell International Inc.
Northrop Grumman Corporation
Bosch Sensortec GmbH
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Marine Applications Inertial Systems Market News
- March 2022 - Silicon Sensing Systems' new DMU41 9 degrees of freedom (DoF) inertial measurement unit (IMU) received two significant production orders and several smaller orders totaling more than USD 1 million. The company also sent the unit out for testing in various industries, including marine navigation, rail track surveying, aircraft stabilization, and satellite low earth orbit.
- February 2022 - SBG Systems launched its new Pulse-40 Tactical grade IMU. The tactical-grade Inertial Measurement Unit Pulse-40 provides unparalleled performance in challenging environments in a small package for applications where accuracy and resilience are crucial under all circumstances.
Marine Applications Inertial Systems Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Value Chain/Supply Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.4 Assessment of COVID-19 Impact on the Industry
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Emergence of MEMS Technology
5.1.2 Increasing Applications Based on Motion Sensing
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Integration Drift Error
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Component
6.1.5 Attitude Heading
6.1.6 Reference Systems
6.2 By Geography
6.2.1 North America
6.2.4 Rest of the World
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Honeywell International Inc.
7.1.2 Northrop Grumman Corporation
7.1.3 Rockwell Collins
7.1.4 Bosch Sensortec GmbH
7.1.5 ST Microelectronics
7.1.6 Safran Group
7.1.7 SBG Systems
7.1.8 Raytheon Anschtz GmbH
7.1.9 KVH Industries Inc.
7.1.10 Silicon Sensing Systems Ltd
7.1.11 Vector NAV
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
Marine Applications Inertial Systems Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Inertial Systems Market in Marine Applications is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Inertial Systems Market in Marine Applications?
The Inertial Systems Market in Marine Applications is growing at a CAGR of 10.31% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Inertial Systems Market in Marine Applications?
Asia-Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Inertial Systems Market in Marine Applications?
North America holds highest share in 2022.
Who are the key players in Inertial Systems Market in Marine Applications?
Honeywell International Inc., Northrop Grumman Corporation, Rockwell Collins, Bosch Sensortec GmbH, ST Microelectronics are the major companies operating in Inertial Systems Market in Marine Applications.
Inertial Systems Market in Marine Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Inertial Systems in Marine Applications market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Inertial Systems in Marine Applications analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.