Explosion Proof Equipment Market Size
|2019 - 2029
|Base Year For Estimation
|Fastest Growing Market
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Explosion Proof Equipment Market Analysis
The Explosion-proof equipment market is expected to grow by registering a CAGR of 6.5% during the forecast period. The global market growth is anticipated to be aided by rising demand for integrated systems, advancements in the automation industry, expansion of industrial sectors, and strict government rules governing hazardous handling regions.
- Explosion-proof equipment is electrical and non-electrical fixtures that can prevent and withstand explosions. An explosion-proof equipment has an apparatus enclosed in a case, capable of withstanding an explosion of a specific gas or vapor that may occur within it.
- The need for fuel and energy delivery likewise rises as energy usage does. Due to their widespread use in preventing explosions when producing electricity from natural resources, this promotes the market for explosion-proof equipment. New locations are being looked into for coal reserves because the world depends on coal to meet its energy needs.
- Explosion-proof equipment is available in diverse industries, such as aerospace and aircraft maintenance sites, construction sites, HVAC systems, manufacturing and machine processing units, mining, and oil and gas extraction. Lighting, surveillance, and signaling techniques are some of the industry's most preferred types of equipment.
- As a result of an increase in workplace mishaps and mine explosions, regulatory agencies like OSHA are putting more stringent rules into place to protect workers and preserve the environment. Because protecting the environment is a top responsibility, governments are aware that oil and shale reserves are typically situated in environmentally sensitive places. Government rules have been put into place as a result, especially in the oil and gas exploration sector, which is a driving force behind the market.
- Explosion-proof devices cater to highly capital- and machine-intensive markets like aerospace, manufacturing, and defense. Thus, the cost of safety devices required in these industries is also high.
- Moreover, Numerous tier 2 and tier 3 manufacturers produce off-the-shelf single-phase and three-phase explosion-proof AC and DC motors, and low-voltage explosion-proof motors are widely used in the market. Pumps, compressors, and blowers are applications of low-voltage motors in the oil and gas sector. The oil and gas industry's expansion of onshore (shale extraction) and offshore (FPSO and offshore production units) activities is predicted to impact low-voltage motors' growth significantly.
- The lack of standardization in laws makes it difficult for producers and end users to design, test, and install explosion-proof items. The higher installation costs are anticipated to restrain the market's expansion.
- With the outbreak of COVID-19, oil and gas and petrochemical industries have been severely affected due to a drastic decrease in product demand, falling prices, and storage shortages. In the Asia-Pacific region, a significant decline in oil and gas demand was reported during the region's lockdown periods imposed by various regional governments. Owing to this, the explosion-proof equipment market has had mixed impacts due to the change in demand from various end-user industries.
Explosion Proof Equipment Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Explosion-proof Equipment Market according to our research experts:
Mining Industry to Hold Significant Share
- The buildup of toxic and flammable gases and combustible dust is a major cause of explosions in underground mines and processing plants. The greatest number of hazardous zones are found in mining sites, which also puts workers at risk for various health and safety issues. This encourages the mining industry to use or construct explosion-proof equipment widely.
- Since there is a high risk of fire or explosion hazards occurring due to the presence of flammable gases, combustible liquid-produced vapors, combustible dust, or ignitable fibers/flying particles present in the air in quantities sufficient to produce explosive mixtures which may ignite on exposure too, the mining industry is expected to witness significant market share in the future too by installing explosion-proof equipment to tackle the challenges facing in the mining industry.
- Although nations have made great efforts to prevent explosion catastrophes, mining is still the most dangerous profession. In a mining scenario, the maximum number of individuals are at risk, which results in several fatalities. As a result, many businesses now provide equipment to find leaks and stop calamities.
- The regulatory frameworks and standards are periodically revised to remain relevant in a highly dynamic environment and to take into account changes in the composition of hazardous substances. Due to the discovery of significant deposits in developing nations, the mining industry has experienced considerable expansion and is heavily implementing these restrictions.
- There is an increasing demand for enclosures in flameproof equipment, which accounts for a significant share of the market due to an increase in global mining activity and burgeoning automation across all major industry verticals. This is further augmenting the growth of the market.
- Moreover, industrial companies and mining refineries have spent time and money on safety devices to safeguard their staff and production facilities from explosions. IECEx and OSHA have been instrumental in establishing operational guidelines and safety standards.
Asia-Pacific to Witness Significant Market Share
- The market for explosion-proof equipment is anticipated to be driven by the industrialization of Asian nations, particularly India and China. Additionally, India's mining sector is expanding due to a new government that is pro-industry. Additionally, as the regulations become harsher, oil-rich places like the South China Sea and the Arabian Sea offer a seductive market for explosion-proof technology.
- The manufacture, processing, transportation, and storage of combustible materials are all tasks performed by the chemical and petrochemical industries in the APAC region. This results in the production or release of gases, vapors, or mist into the environment, which has the potential to ignite an explosive atmosphere, seriously injured workers, and harm equipment. Furthermore, the chemical sector is particularly vulnerable to explosions because solids are commonly met in fine forms, like dust. The need for explosion-proof equipment is also anticipated to increase due to the rapid growth of manufacturing facilities by various businesses in foreign nations.
- Moreover, China is one of the leading producers and exporters of manufacturing equipment and machine tools worldwide. The surge in manufacturing activities over the last decade has increased the production of equipment and tools. Therefore, this growth is impacting the rate of adoption of explosion-proof equipment.
- In addition, the rise in demand for processed food products is the key factor fueling the expansion of the Indian processing equipment market. Consumers are gravitating toward food categories with higher levels of value. Technology-advanced equipment is needed to meet the rising demand for processing necessities. During the projection period, these factors are anticipated to accelerate the adoption of explosion-proof equipment.
- The APAC region's expanding economies are expected to benefit from rising demand for integrated systems, advancements in the automation industry, expansion of industrial sectors, and strict government rules governing hazardous handling regions. Various organizations have established specific equipment requirements to guarantee the security of the workers and infrastructure. By establishing workplace requirements, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has been actively working to provide safe and beneficial working conditions for employees.
- Energy and fuel extraction are becoming more necessary as energy use rises. As they are frequently employed to avoid explosions during power generation from natural resources, this increases the market for explosion-proof equipment. More coal deposits are being explored in countries like India, which depends heavily on coal for its energy needs. As a result, demand for explosion-proof equipment is rising.
- The oil and gas industry is likely to grow, notably in the APAC area, contributing to the adoption of explosion-proof equipment in Zone 0. Additionally, the growing adoption of automation tools for continuous monitoring of the subsurface gas storage and pipelines and growing safety concerns surrounding accidents like natural gas leaks are also anticipated to boost demand for the studied industry.
Explosion Proof Equipment Industry Overview
The degree of competition in the explosion-proof equipment market is high due to the presence of electrical product manufacturers. The firm concentration ratio in major industry verticals is on the higher side due to increasing demand for safety.
In July 2022, Ben Buchele Elektromotorenwerke GmbH launched a new ATEX/IECEx explosion-proof motor, the dKD280, designed especially for the marine and offshore markets.
In March 2022, RICO Sicherheitstechnik AG presented an innovation. The company, based in Herisau, Switzerland, launched the next generation of the proven VENTEX explosion protection valve and offers customers a wide range of innovations and optimizations in the field of explosion isolation.
In January 2022, ABB launched flameproof low-voltage motors for explosive atmospheres. ABB India has unveiled its new range of flameproof (FLP) motors that are safe for applications in potentially explosive environments. Manufactured at the company's Faridabad facility, these low-voltage motors offer considerable benefits, including low vibration levels with increased reliability for an extended lifetime and reduced maintenance requirements for a lower cost of ownership.
Explosion Proof Equipment Market Leaders
R. STAHL AG
Marechal Electric Group
RAE Systems (Honeywell)
Intertek Group PLC
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Explosion Proof Equipment Market News
- August 2022 - ARCHON Industries, Inc. announced the launch of its new explosionproof light. The EX20100 luminaire has been designed to continuously illuminate process vessels, tanks, distillation columns, and other industrial items in hazardous (HazLoc) and nonhazardous areas. Approved hazardous operating environments are Class I Division I Group C&D and Class I Division II Group C&D locations only.
- April 2022 - Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd. (MHI), working in collaboration with ENEOS Corporation, has completed the development of a second-generation 'EX ROVR,' a plant inspection robot with explosion-proof features, by utilizing remote maintenance technology for nuclear power plants. The EX ROVR makes positive contributions to enhancing worker safety, boosting work efficiency, and improving facility operating rates by performing round-the-clock inspections under potentially explosive atmosphere conditions.
- February 2022 - Pyroban relaunched Ex Solutions Consulting to support a growing number of manufacturers needing to solve their Ex design and certification requirements or fill a skills gap. The service helps manufacturers get explosion-proof products to market faster, with the lowest possible Ex certification costs.
Explosion Proof Equipment Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter Five Forces
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.4 Assessment of COVID-19 Impact on the Industry
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Stricter Regulations for Handling Hazardous Areas and Substances
5.1.2 Growing Energy Requirements Drives the Demand for Exploration of New Mines and Oil and Gas Resources
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Slow Economic Activity Directly Affects the Market
5.2.2 Safety Regulations Vary Across Different Geographies
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Method of Protection
6.1.1 Explosion Proof
6.1.2 Explosion Prevention
6.1.3 Explosion Segregation
6.2 By Zone
6.2.1 Zone 0
6.2.2 Zone 20
6.2.3 Zone 1
6.2.4 Zone 21
6.2.5 Zone 2
6.2.6 Zone 22
6.3 By End-user
6.3.2 Chemical and Petrochemical
6.3.3 Energy and Power
6.3.5 Food Processing
6.3.6 Oil and Gas
6.3.7 Other End Users
6.4 By System
6.4.1 Power Supply System
6.4.2 Material Handling
6.4.4 Automation System
6.4.5 Surveillance System
6.4.6 Other Systems
6.5 By Geography
6.5.1 North America
18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
6.5.3 Asia- Pacific
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.5.4 Rest of the World
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 R. STAHL AG
7.1.2 Marechal Electric Group
7.1.3 RAE Systems (Honeywell)
7.1.4 Pepperl+Fuchs GmbH
7.1.5 Intertek Group PLC
7.1.6 Adalet Inc.
7.1.7 Bartec GmbH
7.1.8 Alloy Industry Co. Ltd
7.1.9 Cordex Instruments Ltd
7.1.10 G.M. International SRL
7.1.11 Extronics Limited
7.1.12 ABB Ltd
7.1.13 Eaton Corporation PLC
7.1.14 MAM Explosion-proof Technology (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
7.1.15 CZ Electric Co.,Ltd.
- *List Not Exhaustive
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Explosion Proof Equipment Market Research FAQs
What is the current Explosion-proof Equipment Market size?
The Explosion-proof Equipment Market is projected to register a CAGR of 6.5% during the forecast period (2024-2029)
Who are the key players in Explosion-proof Equipment Market?
R. STAHL AG, Marechal Electric Group, RAE Systems (Honeywell), Pepperl+Fuchs GmbH and Intertek Group PLC are the major companies operating in the Explosion-proof Equipment Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Explosion-proof Equipment Market?
Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2024-2029).
Which region has the biggest share in Explosion-proof Equipment Market?
In 2024, the North America accounts for the largest market share in Explosion-proof Equipment Market.
What years does this Explosion-proof Equipment Market cover?
The report covers the Explosion-proof Equipment Market historical market size for years: 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023. The report also forecasts the Explosion-proof Equipment Market size for years: 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2029.
Explosion Proof Equipment Industry Report
Statistics for the 2024 Explosion Proof Equipment market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Explosion Proof Equipment analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2029 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.