The Market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 6.20% during the forecast period. Aircraft materials are materials, mainly metal alloys, used by aircraft manufacturer. To be mission-capable military/defense aircraft must be made of best material available. Military aircraft are available to fulfill military mission when needed. It should be of lightweight, strong, able fly faster, heat resistant, with increased agility and heavier payloads.
Globally defense aircraft materials can be categorized into four different kinds of material used:-
- Aluminum alloys
- Steel Alloys
- Composite Materials-Graphite-epoxy
- Titanium Alloys
High Growth of Composite Materials Section
The global aircrafts composites market is expected to register a CAGR close to 7% during the forecast period. Demand for fuel efficient and long haul aircrafts, are the major driving factors for the carbon fiber composite industry. Use of carbon fiber composites in wings, can reduce the weight of the aircraft by 50,000 pounds. It offers superior strength to weight ratio, high chemical resistance, high stiffness, low thermal expansion, and its mechanical properties can be tailored based on application. The use of composite materials in commercial transport aircraft is attractive because reduced airframe weight enables better fuel economy, and therefore, lowers operating costs. Reduced maintenance and longer design life, fewer parts, and reduced tooling and assembly costs are some of the reasons, which drive the market for carbon fiber in the aerospace industry. Initially, composite materials were used only in secondary structure, but as knowledge and development of the materials has improved, their use in primary structure, such as wings and fuselages has increased. Thus, there is increasing penetration of carbon fiber in commercial aircraft (B787 and A380), wind turbine blades, and other aerospace applications. However, the strict performance requirements of composites in aerospace applications lead to certification barriers and tighter manufacturing tolerances than those associated with other composites applications. This in turn leads to higher prices for aerospace parts. The other restraints identified in the market include difficulty in test detection, need for specialized repair techniques.
Major Players –Constellium, ATI, AMG N.V., Airbus, SABIC's Innovative Plastics, Henkel, Aleris, Toray Industries among others.
Key Developments in the Market
- February 2018: Toho Tenax launched high-tensile, highly shock-resistant hybrid prepreg combining carbon fiber and CNT technology.
- January 2018: Toray planned to expand production facilities for Ultrasuede®
- November 2017: ADEKA Corporation and GH Craft developed world's first fiber-to-composite direct molding process.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Detailed analysis on the product type that is expected to dominate the market
- Detailed analysis on the regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identifying the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel
Customization of the Report
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure you get a report that suits your need.
1.1 Scope of Study
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Executive Summary
2. Research Methodology
2.1 Study Deliverables
2.2 Study Assumptions
2.3 Research Phases
3. Market Insights
3.1 Current Market Scenario
3.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.2.1 Bargaining Power of the Suppliers
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of the Consumers
3.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.2.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
4. Market Dynamics
5. Global Military Aircraft Materials Market, Segmented by Aircraft Type
5.1 Combat aircraft
5.2 Transport Aircraft
6. Global Military Aircraft Materials Market, Segmented by Material Type
6.1 Aluminum alloys
6.2 Steel Alloys
6.3 Composite Materials
6.4 Titanium Alloys
7. Global Military Aircraft Materials Market, Segmented by Geography
7.1 North America
7.1.1 United States
7.1.4 Rest of North America
7.2.1 United Kingdom
7.2.7 Rest of Europe
7.3.4 South Korea
7.3.5 Rest of APAC
7.4 Rest of the World
8. Competitive Landscape
8.2 Market Share Analysis
9. Company Profiles
9.1 Toray Composites America Inc
9.2 AMG Advanced Metallurgical Group N.V.
9.3 Constellium N.V.
9.5 ICF International
9.7 Sabic Innovative Plastic
9.8 Aleris International, Inc
9.9 Alcoa Inc.
9.10 Cytec Industries Inc.
9.11 RTI International