Business Analytics Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Market Size (2023)||USD 88.83 Billion|
|Market Size (2028)||USD 130.95 Billion|
|CAGR (2023 - 2028)||8.07 %|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Business Analytics Market Analysis
The Business Analytics Market size is expected to grow from USD 88.83 billion in 2023 to USD 130.95 billion by 2028, at a CAGR of 8.07% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
The business analytics market is primarily driven by the increasing digitalization across end-user industries and the need to improve their businesses with a better understanding of the customers. In addition, the integration of advanced technologies by market vendors in business analytics solutions is expected to drive the market in the coming years.
- The business analytics market is evolving quickly. Increasingly, the emphasis is on real-time Business Intelligence (BI) to enable faster decision-making and on Data Visualization, which enables data patterns to be seen more clearly. Additionally, it is anticipated that in the upcoming years, demand for more efficient business analytics solutions would be driven by the increasing usage among various end users.
- Traditionally, strategic decisions in many organizations were powered by business analytics that relied on big, centralized-managed data servers or warehouses. However, things have been changing recently, and business analysts are pulling data from dozens of heterogeneous data sources.
- In addition, visualization and explorative data analysis for the business user have been evolving into one of the most important trends in the business analytics market. Various end-user industries are also leveraging the power of business analytics to make strategic business decisions. While business analytics solution helps in supply chain management, inventory management, measuring the performance of targets, and risk mitigation plans in manufacturing, it is extended to include fraud detection and defense.
- Further, the vendors are introducing innovative business analytics solutions by integrating advanced technologies for better data storage facilities and visualization. For instance, modern Machine Language (ML) - powered business analytics platforms offer improved data visibility and comprehension. Furthermore, the proliferation of data has enabled startups to compete successfully with established blue-chip firms in the market by building customized and superior analytics offerings.
- The COVID-19 pandemic led to a boom in digital transformation, such as adopting cloud solutions, Artificial Intelligence (AI), and ML across various industries. The outbreak has accelerated many companies' use of advanced business analytics and AI. These strategies have helped engage customers through digital channels, manage fragile and complex supply chains, and support workers by disrupting their work and lives. The demand for business analytics solutions exceeded the pre-COVID-19 level and is expected to grow in the coming years.
Business Analytics Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Business Analytics Market according to our research experts:
BFSI is Expected to Hold Major Share
- Technology is transforming the banking and finance industry. With the rising usage of the internet and the proliferation of mobile devices and apps, today's financial institutions face mounting competition, changing client demands, and strict control and risk management in a highly dynamic market. In addition, the growing digitalization and proliferation of digital payments are driving the need for business analytics in the BFSI industry.
- Further, at the same time, technology has given rise to powerful business analytics tools. The banking and finance industry can use business analytics tools to leverage customer data for insights that can lead to more innovative and efficient management practices and better business decisions. Banking and finance institutions use business analytics solutions to drive profitability, reduce risk, and create a competitive advantage.
- Furthermore, the advent and application of business analytics have helped the banking and finance industry optimize processes and streamline operations, thus improving efficiency and competitiveness. Many banks and financial institutions worldwide are working on improving their business analytics, mainly to give them an edge against the competition or to predict emerging trends that can affect their businesses.
- Moreover, Banking, Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI) companies are leveraging business analytics solutions to acquire more customers. For instance, with the increasing focus on retail customers, Yes Bank is leveraging data to understand customer behavior. Hence, based on a certain forecasting model, it might provide the ideal mix of products.. The bank has already diversified into the retail segment and is now harnessing data analytics to develop models that help understand customer behavior. The bank has built a war chest of about INR 120-150 crore for its data strategy up to 2022-23 and plans to hire data scientists and experts who will be part of the company's TechTONic group has100 in-house experts.
- Moreover, the BFSIs across the world have started adopting new and advanced technologies, thus further opening new opportunities for adopting business analytics solutions in the BFSI industry. For instance, according to the data from Celent and Wall Street Journal, the share of banks' IT spending on new technology in North America is expected to increase from 30% in 2017 to 48% in the current year.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America is Expected to Hold the Major Share
- The region is home to some of the most prominent market vendors, such as Microsoft, Oracle, and Salesforce.com. These players' continuous product innovations and enhanced product business analytics are finding significant applications in various end-user industries across the region.
- Further, new and emerging players are also competing with giant business analytics players by offering innovative solutions and attracting significant investments in the business analytics market, thus driving the market. For instance, in October 2022, Tellius, a leading AI-driven decision intelligence platform announced a USD 16 million Series B funding round led by Baird Capital. The latest funding will be used to enhance Tellius' decision intelligence platform, expand the company’s go-to-market capabilities, and support talent acquisition across sales, marketing, and product engineering functions.
- Moreover, the region is an early adopter of advanced technologies, helping market vendors offer customized and advanced technology-enabled business analytics solutions for consumers. In addition, the region is witnessing high adoption of the cloud across organizations, thus enabling the proper implementation of business analytics.
- Further, accelerated digitalization and early adoption of advanced analytics and cloud computing have emerged as one of the most essential and crucial technologies to gain competitive advantage. As a result, technology leaders across the region are increasingly scaling their enterprises' data and business analytics strategies with the help of cutting-edge cloud services and tools. Such instances are expected to drive the region's demand for business analytics solutions.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Business Analytics Industry Overview
The business analytics market is highly fragmented due to the presence of many small and medium-sized companies competing with each other and large enterprises. Technological advancements in the market are also bringing sustainable competitive advantage to companies, and the market is witnessing multiple partnerships and mergers. Some key players in the market include IBM, Microsoft, and Oracle, among others.
In November 2022, IBM announced the release of a business intelligence and analytics suite dubbed Business Analytics Enterprise. The solution is designed to help organizations break down data barriers and silos to collaboration caused by the use of various analytics tools across different divisions. The company said that the new suite — comprising a new Analytics Content Hub and enhanced versions of Planning Analytics and Cognos Analytics with IBM Watson (a question-answering computer system capable of answering questions posed in natural language)— provides business intelligence tools for budgeting, reporting, and forecasting data across different divisions.
In November 2022, Standard Chartered and US-based fintech platform upSwot launched a business analytics solution in Singapore that will offer small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) clients insights and forecasting capabilities on a single digital platform. The new solution allows SME clients of Standard Chartered to integrate their business apps with upSWOT to produce dashboard analysis and real-time insights using the aggregated data.
Business Analytics Market Leaders
Tibco Software Inc.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Business Analytics Market News
- October 2022: Software intelligence company Dynatrace announced the launch of its Grail core technology within the Dynatrace Software Intelligence Platform. Grail will revolutionize data analytics and management by unifying observability data and security as well as business data from cloud-native and multi-cloud environments, retaining its context, and delivering instant, precise, and cost-efficient AI-powered answers and automation. The company expects to extend the technology to power additional IT, development, security, and business analytics solutions.
- October 2022: March Networks, a video surveillance and video-based business intelligence pioneer, announced that it had acquired the FOCUS Business Analytics Platform from DoIT Software Sp. Z.o.o based in Gliwice, Poland. The transaction fast-tracks its transition to cloud video. It gives March Networks a new cloud-based data analytics platform that will be integrated into its existing Searchlight software, further extending its ability to deliver operational and business intelligence to its customers.
Business Analytics Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Assessment of the Impact Of COVID-19 on the Industry
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Increasing Volumes of Data and Cloud Deployment
5.1.2 Business Analytics/Intelligence Providers’ Partnerships with Companies from Diversified Businesses to Leverage Analytics Capabilities
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 High Investment Costs and Significant Reliance on Traditional Processes
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Deployment
6.2 By End-user Industry
6.2.1 Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance
6.2.5 Telecom and IT
6.2.6 Other End-user Industries
6.3.1 North America
6.3.3 Asia Pacific
6.3.4 Latin America
6.3.5 Middle East and Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Oracle Corporation
7.1.2 IBM Corporation
7.1.3 SAP SE
7.1.4 Microsoft Corporation
7.1.5 Tibco Software, Inc.
7.1.6 SAS Institute, Inc.
7.1.7 Infor, Inc.
7.1.8 Microstrategy Incorporated
7.1.9 QLIK Technologies, Inc.
7.1.10 Salesforce.com Inc. (Tableau Software Inc.)
- *List Not Exhaustive
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
Business Analytics Market Research FAQs
How big is the Business Analytics Market?
The Business Analytics Market size is expected to reach USD 88.83 billion in 2023 and grow at a CAGR of 8.07% to reach USD 130.95 billion by 2028.
What is the current Business Analytics Market size?
In 2023, the Business Analytics Market size is expected to reach USD 88.83 billion.
Who are the key players in Business Analytics Market?
Oracle Corporation, IBM Corporation, SAP SE, Microsoft Corporation and Tibco Software Inc. are the major companies operating in the Business Analytics Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Business Analytics Market?
Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2023-2028).
Which region has the biggest share in Business Analytics Market?
In 2023, the North America accounts for the largest market share in the Business Analytics Market.
Business Analytics Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Business Analytics market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Business Analytics analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.