The polymer emulsion market in Germany is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6% during the forecast period, 2018-2023. The market is driven by many factors, such as stringent government regulations regarding VOCs and the increasing demand from end-user industries, like construction, automotive, etc.
Strict Government Regulations Driving the Market
Emulsion polymerization produces polymers with high molecular weight and very less viscosity which reduces VOCs emission. Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) are major environmental concerns, therefore governments are levying stringent policies to either curtail or completely ban them. This is driving the market. The German government has identified the regulation which targets residential sector air quality and health in buildings, and has limited the usage of high VOC products in construction.
Paints & Coatings - the Fastest Growing Segment
Based on application, paints & coatings accounts for the largest share, greater than 40, as Germany is the largest market in Europe for paints & coatings. The increasing amount of paint exports to other European countries, combined with increasing demand for low VOC decorative paints in the residential sector is expected to drive the market during the forecast period.
Major Players: 3M, Akzo Nobel N.V., Arkema SA, BASF SE, Celanese Corp, Clariant, DowDuPont, Royal DSM NV, Synthomer plc, Wacker Chemie AG, and ZEON Corporation, amongst others.
Reason to Purchase this Report
- To understand the impact of growing end-user industries on the market.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The type of product and application expected to dominate the market
- Countries expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel).
Customization of the Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Scope of the Report
1.2 Research Phases
1.3 Study Deliverables
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.2 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Force Analysis
3.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.2.5 Degree of Competition within the Industry
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Strict Government Regulations Regarding VOCs
4.1.2 Increasing Demand from the Construction and Automotive Sectors
4.1.3 Other Drivers
4.2.1 Stringent Regulations on Butadiene
4.2.2 Decreasing Demand in Off-shore Applications
4.2.3 Other Restraints
4.3.1 Increasing Research on Water-based Paints in Anti-corrosive Applications
4.3.2 Other Opportunities
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis (Market Size, Growth, and Forecast)
5.1 By Product Type
5.1.2 Polyurethane (PU) Dispersions
5.1.3 Styrene Butadiene (SB) Latex
5.1.4 Vinyl Acetate
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Adhesives & Carpet Backing
5.2.2 Paper & Paperboard Coatings
5.2.3 Paints & Coatings
5.3 By End-user Industry
5.3.1 Building & Construction
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
7. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials**, Products & services, Recent Developments, and Analyst View)
7.2 Akzo Nobel N.V.
7.3 Arkema SA
7.4 Asahi Kasei Corporation
7.5 BASF SE
7.6 Celanese Corp
7.8 Cytec Industries Inc
7.9 DIC Corp
7.10 Dairen Chemical
7.12 Eni SpA
7.13 JSR Corp
7.14 Lubrizol Corp
7.15 Momentive Performance Materials Holdings LLC
7.16 Nuplex Industries Ltd
7.17 Reichhold Inc.
7.18 Royal DSM NV
7.19 Synthomer plc
7.20 Wacker Chemie AG
7.21 ZEON Corporation
*List not exhaustive
**Subject to availability on public domain