Germany, from being the largest market for polymer emulsions, with an estimated share of 33% in 2015, is also, likely to witness the fastest growth rate compounded annually at 6% during the 2015-2020 analysis period. The consumption of acrylic emulsions in the region is the highest, while the demand growth for vinyl emulsions is likely to be the fastest. Additionally, paints & coatings are estimated to account for about 39% of all the polymer emulsion consumption in Germany.
With the automotive and building & construction industries making a rebound, demand for paints & coatings is also expected to witness substantial growth, which, in turn, will help fuel the market for low-VOC polymer emulsions used in their production. Other factors instrumental in driving this growth, include resurgence in the paper & paperboard industry and the greater demand for adhesives & carpet backing.
Emissions of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) has been a constant topic of discussion among the several environmental concerns; as a consequence of which, governments across the world are enacting stringent policies to either curtail or completely ban them. This has led to the emergence of the technique of emulsion polymerization that is capable of producing polymers with high molecular weight and very little viscosity. Polymer emulsions employ a wide variety of ingredients in their production, including monomers, co-monomers, initiators, surfactants and non-surfactant stabilizers, among others. Growing awareness with regard to the adverse effects of VOC emissions which are present in a majority of solvent based products have resulted in generating greater demand for emulsion polymers, which are low in VOC content. Major industries that use polymer emulsions include paints & coatings, paper & paper-board and adhesives, with all of them focusing on reducing VOC emissions.
By product type, acrylic emulsions dominate the global polymer emulsions market, accounting for an estimated share of about 39% in 2015. In terms of growth, the demand for vinyl emulsions is likely to surpass the other segments by recording a robust CAGR of 8.5% over 2015-2020. Several of the major end-uses of vinyl emulsions, such as adhesives, paper & paperboard coatings and paints & coatings would be instrumental in fueling the demand for this category of polymer emulsions. Demand for polyurethane (PU) dispersions is also anticipated to maintain healthy growth during the analysis period. The market is segmented by product type (Acrylics, Polyurethane dispersions, Styrene butadiene latex, Vinyl and other polymer emulsions), by their application (Paper and paper coating, adhesives and carpet backing, paints and coatings and other applications) and regionally (North America, Europe, South America and Asia-Pacific). The key players are 3M Company, Clariant, Royal DSM NV, Nuplex Industries Inc., and Sumitomo Chemicals.
The increasing deamnd for VOC-free products as well as the Increasing use of the polymer emulsions to obtain end products; all these claim to be the potential drivers for this market.
The raw material prices are usually very high thus, making the end product more expensive.
What the report offers?
1) Market Definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market
2) Market analysis of the Germany Polymer emulsions market with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale
3) Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on both the global and regional fronts
4) Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market shares
5) Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Germany Polymer Emulsions Market on both global and regional scale
6) A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information