Asia-Pacific is the largest and the fastest growing global market for polymer emulsions, cornering a share estimated at 34% in 2015 and estimated to maintain a CAGR of more than 8% during 2015-2020. Demand in the region is likely to be driven by the growing markets of China and India, with end-use industries, such as building & construction, transportation and consumer durables contributing to the overall increase. The region has also benefitted from capacity expansions initiated by major players over the past few years. China is the largest market for polymer emulsions in Asia-Pacific, accounting for an estimated 38% of total demand. The region demanding growth is also likely to be the fastest in growth with a compounding rate annually at nearly 9% between 2015 and 2020. By product type, the market in Asia-Pacific is dominated by acrylic emulsions, with demand for vinyl emulsions slated to emerge as the fastest growing. Polymer emulsions are most widely utilized in the production of paints & coatings in the region, which is also envisaged as the largest growing end-use application.
With the automotive and building & construction industries making a rebound, demand for paints & coatings is also expected to witness growth, which, in turn propels the market for low-VOC polymer emulsions used in their production. Other factors instrumental in driving growth, include resurgence in the paper & paperboard industry and greater demand for adhesives & carpet backing.
Emissions of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) have been implicated in several environmental concerns, as a consequence of which governments across the world are enacting stringent policies to either curtail or completely eliminate them. This has led to the emergence of the technique of emulsion polymerization that is capable of producing polymers with high molecular weight and very little viscosity. Polymer emulsions employ a wide variety of ingredients in their production, including monomers, co-monomers, initiators, surfactants and non-surfactant stabilizers, among others. Growing awareness in regard to the adverse effects of VOC emissions that are present in a majority of solvent based products has resulted in generating greater demand for emulsion polymers, which are low in VOC content. Major industries that use polymer emulsions include paints & coatings, paper & paperboard and adhesives, with all of them focusing on reducing VOC emissions.
Several of the major end-uses of vinyl emulsions, such as adhesives, paper & paperboard coatings and paints & coatings would be instrumental in fueling demand for this category of polymer emulsions. Demand for polyurethane (PU) dispersions is also anticipated to maintain healthy growth during the analysis period. The market is segmented by product type (Acrylics, Polyurethane dispersions, Styrene butadiene latex, Vinyls and other polymer emulsions), by application (Paper and paper coating, adhesives and carpet backing, paints and coatings and other applications). The key players are 3M Company, Clariant, Royal DSM NV, Nuplex Industries Inc, Sumitomo Chemicals.
Increasing use in end use industries and an increasing demand for VOC free products.
The raw material prices are very high thus making the end product more expensive.
What the report offers?
1) Market Definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market
2) Market analysis of the Asia-Pacific Polymer emulsions market with region specific assessments and competition analysis on the global and regional scales.
3) Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, exploring prospective opportunities and identifying key companies which can influence the market on both the global and regional fronts.
4) Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market shares.
5) The Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Asia-Pacific Polymer Emulsions Market on both the global and regional scales.
6) A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.