Polymer emulsions market in South America, though accounting for the smallest share of about 12% estimated in 2015 on a global basis, is slated to witness the second fastest growth after Asia-Pacific. Brazil is the largest regional market for polymer emulsions in the region, with an estimated share of 48% in 2015, and is also slated to record the fastest growth in demand during 2015-2020. By product, acrylic emulsions dominate the polymer emulsions market in South America, though vinyl emulsions has the potential to have the fastest growth. Paints & coatings constitute the largest and the fastest growing application for polymer emulsions in the region.
With the automotive and building & construction industries making a rebound, demand for paints & coatings is also expected to witness substantial growth, which, in turn, will help fuel the market for low-VOC polymer emulsions used in their production. Other factors instrumental in driving this growth, include resurgence in the paper & paperboard industry and the greater demand for adhesives & carpet backing.
Emissions of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) have been implicated in several environmental concerns, as a consequence of which governments across the world are enacting stringent policies to either curtail or completely eliminate them. This has led to the emergence of the technique of emulsion polymerization that is capable of producing polymers with high molecular weight and very little viscosity. Polymer emulsions employ a wide variety of ingredients in their products, including monomers, co-monomers, initiators, surfactants and non-surfactant stabilizers, among others. Growing awareness in regard to the adverse effects of VOC emissions that are present in a majority of solvent based products has resulted in generating greater demand for emulsion polymers, which are low in VOC content. Major industries that use polymer emulsions include paints & coatings, paper & paperboard and adhesives, with all of them focusing on reducing VOC emissions.
Several of the major end-uses of vinyl emulsions, such as adhesives, paper & paperboard coatings and paints & coatings would be instrumental in fueling the demand for this category of polymer emulsions. Demand for polyurethane (PU) dispersions is also anticipated to maintain healthy growth during the analysis period. The market is segmented by product type (Acrylics, Polyurethane dispersions, Styrene butadiene latex, Vinyls and other polymer emulsions), by application (Paper and paper coating, adhesives and carpet backing, paints and coatings and other applications). The key players are 3M Company, Clariant, Royal DSM NV, Nuplex Industries Inc, Sumitomo Chemicals.
Increasing use in end use industries and an increasing demand for VOC free products.
The raw material prices are very high thus making the end product more expensive.
What the report offers?
1) Market Definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market
2) Market analysis of the South America Polymer emulsions market with region specific assessments and competition analysis on the global and regional scales
3) Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on both the global and regional scales
4) Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market shares
5) Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the South America Polymer Emulsions Market on both global and regional scale
6) A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information