Freeze Dried Food Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia|
|Largest Market||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Freeze Dried Food Market Analysis
The freeze-dried food market size is estimated at USD 2.98 billion in 2023 and is expected to reach USD 4.45 billion by 2028, registering a CAGR of 8.35% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Consumers nowadays have become more conscious of their health and well-being. Due to rapid urbanization and busy lifestyles, consumers prefer easy-to-cook and convenient food options, driving the demand for freeze-dried food products. Food service restaurants and cafes mostly use freeze-dried products, such as fruits and vegetables. With the rise of culinary tourism worldwide, the business of food service restaurants has also increased, influencing the market positively.
- Over the short term, the expanding food-processing sector and massive demand for ready-to-eat (RTE) food products among consumers are anticipated to drive the market. Moreover, the increasing consumer awareness about the negative health impacts of artificial food additives used for food preservation is expected to fuel the demand for natural and healthy food products. Freeze-dried products do not contain additional nutrients, which help preserve the nutrients present in the products. Additionally, the market players are using freeze-drying techniques for products that are heat-sensitive and require longer preservation.
- For instance, in August 2021, Advik Foods expanded its portfolio by launching a range of freeze-dried milk powder, namely Donkey Milk Powder, Frozen Camel milk, and Frozen goat milk. Such innovations are anticipated to create a positive outlook for the market during the study period.
Freeze Dried Food Market Trends
Growing Demand for Clean-Label Products
- The demand for freeze-dried food products is highly prevalent in a few categories, such as bakery products, cereal products, fruit snacks, and vegetable snacks. In the bakery industry, freeze-dried fruits are used in whipped creams and frosting. Freeze-dried fruits are also widely used in dessert decoration and for providing color and flavor to finished products. Due to the ever-increasing demand for clean-label healthy snacking food options, market players are launching vegan, gluten-free, and all-natural products. For instance, in June 2021, Texas-based Sow Good Inc. announced the launch of its first product line of freeze-dried fruit and vegetable snacks and smoothies.
- The product line includes six ready-to-make smoothies and nine snacks, of which the smoothie lineup features a mix of new and familiar flavors, including acai relief (acai and blueberry), mint to be (banana, coconut, and mint), and berry-appealing (banana and strawberry). In contrast, the packaged snack lineup includes single-ingredient fruits and vegetables, such as cherries, edamame, and apples.
- Furthermore, consumers' growing concerns about the long-term effects of their products related to nutrition content, health impact, environmental sustainability, sourcing, and social responsibility are creating the demand for clean-label freeze-dried food products. Besides this, with consumers shifting their preference toward frozen meals and products due to busy lifestyles and increasing disposable income, the demand for freeze-dried food will likely increase shortly.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific is the Fastest Growing Region
- The freeze-dried food market in Asia-Pacific is experiencing rapid expansion due to the increasing consumption of processed food and rising preference for ready-to-eat meals. Such factors make Asia a potential freeze-dried food product market. Thus, players are capitalizing on this trend to attract a broader consumer base in the region. The increasing internet penetration in the region and the rising trend of purchasing groceries through online distribution channels are expected to increase the demand for freeze-dried ready meals.
- Moreover, consumers' interest in healthy and innovative products formulated with wholesome ingredients that fit their busy lifestyles provides an excellent platform for manufacturers to expand their businesses in the region. For instance, In 2021, Tyson Foods Inc. launched a new line of plant-based products in select retail markets and e-commerce across the Asia-Pacific under the brand First Pride to introduce a range of frozen products, including Bites, Nuggets, and Strips.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Freeze Dried Food Industry Overview
The global freeze-dried food market is highly competitive owing to the presence of multiple regional and multinational companies offering a wide range of products and focusing on maintaining their position in the market. Major players in the market include Nestle SA, European Freeze Dry, Ajinomoto Co. Inc., Asahi Group Holdings Ltd., and OFD Foods LLC. These players hold a significant share of the market by adopting business strategies, including product innovations, partnerships, strengthening hold over online and offline marketing, and mergers & acquisitions to expand their visibility and portfolio of offerings.
Freeze Dried Food Market Leaders
European Freeze Dry
Asahi Group Holdings Ltd
Ajinomoto Co. Inc
OFD Foods LLC
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Freeze Dried Food Market News
- May 2023: Blue Bottle Coffee joined forces with The Weekend to unveil Samra Origins Coffee. Samra Origins is an Ethiopian coffee variety boasting a medium-to-dark roasted aroma, crafted using advanced freeze-drying technology.
- June 2022: Conagra Brands introduced an exciting array of new product innovations for the summer season. These innovations aim to address mealtime challenges, cater to cravings, and showcase contemporary flavors, trendy ingredients, and convenient preparation methods.
- April 2022: The renowned Indian brand Prasuma, renowned for its frozen food offerings, expanded its frozen food line by introducing a range of frozen snack products. The newly introduced items include Frozen Veg and Chicken Spring Rolls, frozen veg and chicken spring rolls, frozen chicken nuggets, chicken and veg mini samosas, chicken and mutton shammi kababs, sheekh kababs, and bacon, all adding to its diverse frozen snacks portfolio.
Freeze Dried Food Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Drivers
4.1.1 Participation in Adventure Sports and Expedition
4.1.2 Suitability of Freeze-dried Technique For Heat Sensitive Food Products
4.2 Market Restraints
4.2.1 High Costs Associated with Freeze-Drying Technology
4.3 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Product Type
188.8.131.52 Other Fruits
184.108.40.206 Other Vegetables
5.1.3 Freeze-dried Meat and Seafood
5.1.4 Freeze-Dried Beverages
5.1.5 Freeze-Dried Dairy Products
5.1.6 Prepared Meals
5.1.7 Pet Food
5.2 Distribution Channel
5.2.2 Convenience Stores
5.2.3 Online Stores
5.2.4 Other Distribution Channels
5.3.1 North America
220.127.116.11 United States
18.104.22.168 Rest of North America
22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
188.8.131.52 South Korea
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 South America
220.127.116.11 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
18.104.22.168 Saudi Arabia
22.214.171.124 South Africa
126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Most Adopted Strategies
6.2 Market Positioning Analysis
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 Nestlé S.A.
6.3.2 Ajinomoto Co. Inc.
6.3.3 Asahi Group Holdings Ltd
6.3.4 Harmony House Foods Inc.
6.3.5 Lyofood Sp. z o.o.
6.3.6 European Freeze Dry
6.3.7 Mercer Foods LLC
6.3.8 OFD Foods LLC
6.3.9 Steele Brands (Crispy Green Inc.)
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Freeze Dried Food Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Freeze-Dried Food Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Freeze-Dried Food Market?
The Freeze-Dried Food Market is growing at a CAGR of 8.35% over the next 5 years.
What is Freeze-Dried Food Market size in 2028?
The Freeze-Dried Food Market is valued at 4 Billion USD in 2028.
Which region has highest growth rate in Freeze-Dried Food Market?
Asia is growing at the highest CAGR over 2018 - 2028.
Which region has largest share in Freeze-Dried Food Market?
North America holds highest share in 2022.
Who are the key players in Freeze-Dried Food Market?
European Freeze Dry, Asahi Group Holdings Ltd , Ajinomoto Co. Inc, Nestlé S.A., OFD Foods LLC are the major companies operating in Freeze-Dried Food Market.
Freeze Dried Food Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Freeze-Dried Food market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Freeze-Dried Food analysis includes a market forecast outlook to for 2023 to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.