Free-From Food Market Size
|Market Size (2023)||USD 80.84 Billion|
|Market Size (2028)||USD 150.60 Billion|
|CAGR (2023 - 2028)||13.25 %|
|Fastest Growing Market||Middle East and Africa|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Free-From Food Market Analysis
The Free-from Food Market size is estimated at USD 80.84 billion in 2023, and is expected to reach USD 150.60 billion by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 13.25% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- The global free-from food market was valued at USD 71,381.2 million during the current year. The free-from food market is also thriving in the light of medical advancements that have analyzed and provided a solid understanding of different responses from the immune system, enabling consumers to make conscious decisions in purchasing their food products.
- The demand for plant-based foods is increasing due to changing lifestyles and growing awareness of the benefits of a vegetarian diet. Consumers increasingly believe that vegetarian and vegan food products can help reduce harmful cholesterol levels in the blood and improve overall health.
- For instance, the European Consumer Survey on plant-based found that the United Kingdom's purchase and consumption rates of plant milk, meat alternatives, vegan margarine, vegan cheese, vegan ready meals/food to go, and seafood alternatives are the highest in Europe.
- Consumer awareness regarding labeling allergen-free and dairy-free product claims and other ingredient claims is driving the market for these food products. Moreover, favorable regulations by the food safety authorities are expected to bring more opportunities for the major players in the market to increase output.
Free-From Food Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Free-from Food Market according to our research experts:
Clean Label Product Development and Associated Labeling Compliance
- Products claimed as free-from, natural, and organic have started to witness soaring demand in countries like the United States, Germany, the United Kingdom, China, India, and others. The increased consumer demand for free-from-food products and the rising clean-label claims on products accelerated the global market growth.
- Products with various label claims, such as "gluten-free," "dairy-free," "meat-free," "non-GMO," and "reduced sugar," have been benefitting customers over the past few years. Moreover, consumers constantly check food labels these days before purchasing any food product. Several organizational surveys on consumers' buying behavior reveal the rising consumers' interest in probing for superior ingredients on food labels.
- According to a study published by the International Food Information Council (IFIC) in 2021, the vast majority of survey takers (94%) were familiar with at least one front-of-package (FOP) label; over half (54%) said that FOP labels impact food and beverage purchases, and about a quarter (24%) said that they have a significant impact.
- Thus, clean label product development and associated labeling compliances are expected to drive the market's growth.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific is the Largest Region
- The increasing consumer preference for healthy and high-quality food products is expected to drive the free-from food market. According to a study on the Prevalence of Lactase Deficiency in Chinese children of different ages published by the journal Research Gate, only 38.5% of children aged between 3 and 5 years old were lactose-deficient, and 87% of those in the 7-8 year and 11-13-year-old groups were lactose- and dairy-intolerant.
- On the other hand, the massive media exposure and government education on lactose intolerance and infant allergies helped boost the purchase of free-from lactose baby milk formula and dairy products among consumers with related health issues.
- Another significant driver boosting the sales of free-from foods in the market over the forecast period is the ongoing trend of clean-label food products, with non-GMO, lactose-free, allergen-free, and gluten-free being the fastest-growing claims in the region. Thus, manufacturers are also launching innovative products to cater to the potential market.
- For instance, in October 2022, Licious, a meat startup in India, entered the plant-based meat sector with the launch of the brand UnCrave. According to the company statement, the brand will offer vegetarian chicken and mutton sheek kebabs directly to consumers. Thus, the growing trend of free-from food in the region and the product innovation from manufacturers will increase the market growth in the Asia-Pacific region over the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Free-From Food Industry Overview
The free-from-food market is highly competitive due to the presence of several domestic and international players. Some of the key players in the market include Danone SA, Nestle SA, General Mills Inc., Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc, and Beyond Meat, among others. The key strategy used by some of the top players in the segment is product innovation, as this enables companies to meet the consumers changing preferences on a daily basis. Also, using the same strategy, a company can expand its product portfolio and even offer numerous products to consumers, which will help elevate sales. For instance, in April 2021, General Mills launched a new flavor of breakfast cereal under the brand Chex. The product was made available in Apple Cinnamon flavor and is gluten-free by nature, as claimed by the company.
Free-From Food Market Leaders
General Mills Inc.
Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Free-From Food Market News
- November 2022: Beyond Meat launched plant-based chicken products, including Beyond Chicken Nuggets and Beyond Popcorn Chicken. The company claims that the product contains 14 g of plant-based protein derived from a blend of pea and faba beans, 0% cholesterol, 50% less saturated fat, and no added soy, hormones, or antibiotics. The product was made available at more than 5,000 Kroger and Walmart stores in the United States.
- May 2022: Danone expanded its Canadian dairy-free portfolio by launching Nextmilk under the Silk Canada brand. Silk Nextmilk is described as an excellent source of vitamin B12 and riboflavin and a good source of calcium, vitamin D, vitamin A, zinc, and fiber.
- January 2022: Mondelez International launched the Philadelphia vegan cream cheese alternative. According to the company, this new product is completely a plant-based product.
Free-From Food Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Drivers
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.4 Other Types
5.2 End Product
5.2.1 Baby Food
5.2.2 Dairy-free Foods
5.2.3 Meat Substitutes
5.2.5 Other End Products
5.3 Distribution Channel
5.3.2 Online Retail Stores
5.3.3 Convenience Stores
5.3.4 Other Distribution Channels
5.4.1 North America
126.96.36.199 United States
188.8.131.52 Rest of North America
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.4 South America
22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
5.4.5 Middle East & Africa
126.96.36.199 United Arab Emirates
188.8.131.52 South Africa
184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Strategies Adopted by the Leading Players
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 Danone SA
6.3.2 Blue Diamond Growers
6.3.3 Abbott Laboratories
6.3.4 Dr. Schar AG / SPA
6.3.5 Beyond Meat
6.3.6 The Kellogg Company
6.3.7 General Mills Inc.
6.3.8 Reckitt Benckiser Group PLC
6.3.9 Nestle S.A.
6.3.10 Oatly Group AB
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Free-From Food Market Research FAQs
How big is the Free-from Food Market?
The Free-from Food Market size is expected to reach USD 80.84 billion in 2023 and grow at a CAGR of 13.25% to reach USD 150.60 billion by 2028.
What is the current Free-from Food Market size?
In 2023, the Free-from Food Market size is expected to reach USD 80.84 billion.
Who are the key players in Free-from Food Market?
Danone SA, Nestle SA, General Mills Inc., Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc and Beyond Meat are the major companies operating in the Free-from Food Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Free-from Food Market?
Middle East and Africa is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2023-2028).
Which region has the biggest share in Free-from Food Market?
In 2023, the Asia-Pacific accounts for the largest market share in the Free-from Food Market.
Free-From Food Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Free-From Food market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Free-From Food analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.