Free From Food Market Insights
The global free from food market is expected to record an estimated CAGR of 4.84%, during the forecast period (2018-2023). The use of ancient grains in bakery/cereal products which are rich in micronutrients and essential acids (chia seed, flax seed, etc.) has proved to be successful sale for gluten free products.
Growing Healthy Food Trend
In the free from food market, the term “Free” suggests that the food should contain no detectable residues. But the availability, specificity, and sensitivity of detection methods to support such claims can vary. As per the current free from food market scenario, only 15 to 22% consumers are intolerant or allergic to certain ingredients, while the rest consume such products more due to their health credentials, rather than for any medical reason. Most of the modern consumers, worldwide, are aware of the intolerances caused by various food ingredients, such as gluten, dairy protein, and trans-fats. This growing awareness has created a consumer perception that “free from” type of food materials are healthier and safer, which in turn is driving the free-from food market.
The regulations associated with the labelling of allergen free and trans-fat free product claims is driving the market for free from food products. Baby food market with lactose free claim is the fastest growing application driven by the increased consumption of baby milk formula in China.
Gluten Free and Dairy Free are Driving Free From Food Market
Younger generation is more likely to purchase gluten- and dairy free products due to its health benefits. Around 5% of the population need to avoid certain food due to allergen or medical reason. The trend of clean eating, vegan products online has increased the market for specialty food manufacturers. Consumers’ sensitivity or intolerance are not the only selling factor for free from food products. Companies are increasingly special building production line for free-from food products.
Free From Food Market Segmentation
By product claims types, the global free from food market is segmented into gluten free, lactose free, allergen free which includes soy, egg, peanut, and tree nut allergen free products, trans-fat free and others. In countries, such as India, there are 6 to 8 million population, which are suffering from celiac disease. This drives the demand for gluten free/wheat free food market. The global gluten-free retail market has grown from USD 1.7 billion in 2011 to USD 3.5 billion in 2016 and is forecasted to grow to USD 4.7 billion in 2020.
By application, the market can be segmented into beverage, bakery & cereal products, dairy, fats & oils, snacks, and others. The beverage segment has been growing very rapidly over the years with several ‘free from’ ingredients particularly after the sugar war. The lactose free segment is one very much in demand in the dairy products with increasing awareness about lactose intolerance around the world.
Free From Food Market Regional Analysis
By 2023, the demand for free from food is expected to be higher in Asia-Pacific and Africa, as a large portion of gluten and lactose intolerance consumers belong to these regions. Further, gluten-free and lactose-free products, collectively, hold the largest share of the free from food market. As per current market revenue, Europe is the largest market for free from food products, followed by North America, Asia-Pacific, South America, and Africa.
China holds a major share in the market, which is followed by Japan. Increase middle class income and rising awareness of allergen free products is driving India at a faster growth rate.
Free From Food Market Key Developments
- April 2016 – Stolichnaya's Stoli developed gluten-free vodka, which was launched in the global market, in April 2016
- April 2017 – Schar, which is the UK fastest growing gluten free brand has launched four new prodcts in 2017
- The production of free from foods is becoming easier, and a large number of food companies are expanding their offerings in this segment. Gluten-free vodka is also available in the market. Stolichnaya's Stoli developed gluten-free vodka, which was launched in the global market, in April 2016
Free From Food Market Competitive Landscape
Companies in free from food market are coming up with innovative product, which meet allergen free requirement, as well as provide nutritional benefits to health. The major key players include - Pinnacle Foods, Alpro UK Ltd., General Mills, Genius Foods, and Valio Ltd.
Reasons to Purchase Free From Food Market Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
- Regional and country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel
Customization of Free From Food Market Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Definition of the Market
1.3 Report Description
2. KEY FINDINGS OF THE STUDY
3. FREE FROM FOOD MARKET OVERVIEW
3.1 Market Trends
4. FREE FROM FOOD MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Growing Demand for Lactose free Products
4.1.2 Rising Awareness about Clean Label Products
4.2.1 Regulatory Requirements in Label Claims
4.2.2 High Price of Free from Food
4.3.1 Improvement in Retail Landscape
4.3.2 Innovation in Research and Development for Cost Effective Gluten-free products
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. FREE FROM FOOD MARKET SEGMENTS
5.1 By Type
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Fat & Oils
5.2.3 Bakery & Cereal Products
5.3 By Geography
5.3.1 North America Free From Food Market (2018-2023)
22.214.171.124 United States Free From Food Market (2018-2023)
126.96.36.199 Canada Free From Food Market (2018-2023)
188.8.131.52 Mexico Free From Food Market (2018-2023)
184.108.40.206 Rest of North America
5.3.2 Europe Free From Food Market (2018-2023)
220.127.116.11 Germany Free From Food Market (2018-2023)
18.104.22.168 United Kingdom Free From Food Market (2018-2023)
22.214.171.124 Spain Free From Food Market (2018-2023)
126.96.36.199 France Free From Food Market (2018-2023)
188.8.131.52 Italy Free From Food Market (2018-2023)
184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
5.3.3 Asia-Pacific Free From Food Market (2018-2023)
220.127.116.11 China Free From Food Market (2018-2023)
18.104.22.168 India Free From Food Market (2018-2023)
22.214.171.124 Japan Free From Food Market (2018-2023)
126.96.36.199 Australia Free From Food Market (2018-2023)
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 South America Free From Food Market (2018-2023)
184.108.40.206 Brazil Free From Food Market (2018-2023)
220.127.116.11 Argentina Free From Food Market (2018-2023)
18.104.22.168 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Africa Free From Food Market (2018-2023)
22.214.171.124 South Africa Free From Food Market (2018-2023)
126.96.36.199 Rest of Africa
6. Completive Landscape
6.1 Most Active Companies
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Most Adopted Market Strategies
7. Company Profiles
7.1 Alpro UK Ltd.
7.2 Boulder Brands Inc.
7.3 Doves Farm Foods Ltd.
7.4 Dr Schar AG/SpA
7.5 Ener-G Foods, Inc.
7.6 Hain Celestial Group Inc.
7.7 Galaxy Nutritional Foods, Inc.
7.8 Genius Foods Ltd.
7.9 General Mills, Inc.
7.10 Glutino Food Group
7.11 Annie's Homegrown