2016 - 2026
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The France food flavor and enhancer market is estimated to be valued at USD 946.87 Million in 2020 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.14% during the forecast period (2021- 2026).
- France is one of the leading importers of food ingredients. The country has a large food processing sector and an important re-exporter of natural ingredients to other European countries. Further, the demand for organic and natural products is high in the country, giving ample room for food manufacturers to target consumers with such labels. The growing demand for functional foods can witness the withdrawal signs in terms of synthetic food flavors and the adaptation of naturals.
- The increasing consumer interest in nutritionally enriched products and all-natural foods is promoting the demand for high-value premium and natural additives, expanding the demand for natural flavors in the country. The trend also justifies the emerging trend of botanical flavors in the country, which is primarily perceived as healthy among the country's consumers.
- In France, the export of fruits and vegetables decreased significantly after lockdowns were imposed late March 2020, largely because of high air freight charges. Therefore, the export restrictions have a direct impact on prices of the agricultural commodities including fruits and vegetables, which will automictically have a negative price effect on its processed products such as food flavours primarily natural food flavors.
Scope of the report
France food flavor and enhancer market is segmented by product type, which includes flavors and enhancers. By flavor, the market is further segmented into natural flavors, synthetic flavors, and natural identical flavors.
By application, the study's scope includes bakery products, sauces, soups, condiments, dairy products, beverages, savory snacks, meat and meat products, and other applications.
The beverages segment has been further bifurcated into alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Non-alcoholic beverages are sub-segmented into carbonated beverages, fruit and vegetable juice, sports and energy drinks, and other non-alcoholic beverages.
|By Product Type|
|Sauces, Soups, and Condiments|
|Meat and Meat Products|
Key Market Trends
Rising Demand for Processed Food Products
Owing to the fast-paced lifestyle of the generation, the French consumers are increasingly inclining toward convenience food products, including instant soups, sauces, noodles, baked goods, and other ready meals, owing to their instant nature, i.e., lesser preparation time and easy handling.
Moreover, RTE products, such as instant noodles, ice creams, ready-to-cook meat products, and soups, are a few of the most vulnerable food cuisines to be experimented with based on flavors. The country's consumers are continually looking for different flavors to try while purchasing instant noodles, such as hot & spicy and chicken flavors. Therefore factors such as these are driving the food flavor and enhancer market in France
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Growing Application of Flavors in Bakery
With the growth of the bakery market, healthier options that meet dietary restrictions with more versatile food flavours such as nuts, fruits and vegetable-derived flavors have also been a strong trend among the French consumers, which is one of the major factor driving the application of food flavour and enhancer market in the bakery and confectionery segment of the country.
Further, Synergy has identified lavender, yuzu and molasses as flavors that will inspire innovation. For bakery specifically, a constant need for sweet brown flavours adding the sense of indulgence and sweetness is high in demand. Also, Synergy flavors created molasses-filled sandwich cookies, showcasing a true-to-nature molasses flavor profile.
The leading players in the market enjoy a dominant presence across the region. The French food flavor and enhancer market is significantly competitive, with the presence of major players, like Givaudan, Corbion, ADM, International Flavors and Fragrances Inc., and Kerry PLC.
The key players are planning to leverage the opportunities posed by emerging segments to expand their product portfolio, so that they can cater to the requirements for various trending product categories, like natural, organic, plant-based, and non-GMO. In order to sustain themselves in such competitive markets, key players follow strict guidelines, in terms of production. Apart from this, they enter long-term agreement partnerships with their clients.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Drivers
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Product Type
5.1.1 Food Flavors
184.108.40.206 Natural Flavors
220.127.116.11 Synthetic Flavors
18.104.22.168 Natural Identical Flavors
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Bakery Product
5.2.2 Sauces, Soups, and Condiments
5.2.3 Dairy Product
5.2.4 Savory Snacks
5.2.5 Meat and Meat Products
22.214.171.124 Alcoholic Beverages
126.96.36.199 Non-alcoholic Beverages
188.8.131.52.1 Carbonated Beverages
184.108.40.206.2 Fruit and Vegetable Juice
220.127.116.11.3 Sports and Energy Drinks
18.104.22.168.4 Other Non-alcoholic Beverages
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Most Active Companies
6.2 Most Adopted Strategies
6.3 Market Share Analysis
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Givaudan SA
6.4.2 Firmenich SA_
6.4.3 Kerry Group PLC_
6.4.4 International Flavors and Fragrances Inc.
6.4.5 Sensient Technologies Corporation_
6.4.6 Symrise AG
6.4.7 Glanbia PLC
6.4.8 Archer Daniels Midland Company
6.4.9 Corbion NV
6.4.10 BASF SE
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
8. IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON THE MARKET
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The France Food Flavor and Enhancer Market market is studied from 2016 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of France Food Flavor and Enhancer Market?
The France Food Flavor and Enhancer Market is growing at a CAGR of 4.14% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in France Food Flavor and Enhancer Market?
- Firmenich SA
- Kerry Group PLC
- International Flavors & Fragrances Inc.
- Sensient Technologies Corporation
- Symrise AG
Are the major companies operating in France Food Flavor and Enhancer Market.