Europe Structured Cabling Market Size
|CAGR:||< 6.1 %|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Europe Structured Cabling Market Analysis
The European structured cabling market is expected to register a CAGR of approximately 6.1% over the forecast period. The increasing demand for connected IoT devices, growing investment in data centers and communication infrastructure, and the increasing acceptance of cloud services across various end-user industries are among the key factors driving the studied market growth.
- Structured cabling is the foundation upon which all other network equipment operates and is dependent.A reliable cable infrastructure is needed to convey information efficiently over a structured network. Doing this makes it possible to guarantee the efficient handling of all crucial corporate operations, communications, and processes. By fusing telephone networks, security, local computers, and other technologies, structured cabling provides a broad environment for data transmission.
- The high bandwidth of a structured cabling system is one of its most essential features, making it a dependable framework for fostering business expansion. Adaptable IT that can react rapidly to industry developments is crucial in a competitive company environment. The need for a data center that facilitates the quick and simple creation of new services helps organizations keep current customers and continually attract new ones. The network architecture will be updated with structured cabling and handle all new applications as the company expands.
- The need for data storage is increasing in the European region owing to the growing adoption of cloud services and connected devices, supporting the demand for structured cabling. Also, the market for structured cabling is growing because more and more businesses in the area are using cloud computing solutions.
- The massive growth of Internet users and smart mobile communication devices is driving strong demand for data center services as the amount of data generated by these devices surges. This is attracting new players in the European data center market. For instance, in August 2022, Damac Group announced that it was looking into data center and technology-related investment opportunities in Germany worth EUR 1 billion (USD 991 million) to diversify its holdings.
- Similarly, in May 2022, Google launched Madrid-based cloud data centers to expand its European footprint. The new venture will allow Madrid's various businesses to increase cloud services, low-latency transfers, advanced storage, and computing, allotting the region a necessary boost in data protection and over-the-air enterprise needs. Since data centers use integrated cabling systems a lot, these trends are likely to increase the need for structured cabling.
- However, the high data transmission loss of fiber optic components and the high cost of fiber optic components are among the major factors restraining the growth of the structured cabling market in the region.
- All businesses across Europe with crucial assets have experienced a rapid decline due to the pandemic. The COVID-19 pandemic stressed Europe's overall economy across sectors and steered multiple international vendors to focus on the digital economy. Different companies in Europe are investing more in cloud infrastructure and trusted computing resources to help businesses speed up the recovery process and offer cloud-based intelligent solutions to help them with their digital transformation in the wake of the pandemic. This is creating a good market environment for the growth of the studied market.
Europe Structured Cabling Industry Segmentation
Structured cabling is a uniform structure plan for a future-oriented and application-independent network infrastructure on which different services (voice or data) are transmitted. This step avoids expensive, incorrect installations and expansions and facilitates the installation of new network components.
The Europe Structured Cabling Market study provides a detailed insight into the current trends and emerging opportunities within the market. The study segments the market by Product Type (Copper (Copper Cable, Copper Connectivity), Fiber (Fiber Cable (Single-mode & Multi-mode), Fiber Connectivity)), by Application (LAN, Datacenter), and by Country. A chapter analyzing the impact of COVID-19 on the European structured cabling market is also included in the study. The market sizes and forecasts are provided in terms of value (USD million) for all the above segments.
|By Product Type|
Europe Structured Cabling Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Europe Structured Cabling Market according to our research experts:
Datacenter to Hold Significant Market Share
- Data centers are both the powerhouses of cloud computing and the connectors of the internet, delivering on the tripartite need for more speed, flexibility, and optimal availability. Two key drivers catalyzing the massive demand increase for data centers in the European region include the need for computing capacity, driven by the large-scale move to working from home for many businesses and institutions, and the associated uptake of digital applications in video calling, telehealth, e-commerce, and e-learning, which cause a surge in need for data capacities.
- Edge computing will play a massive role in the development of future data centers. As more and more people adopt intelligent solutions, not only in companies but also in their homes, the demand for edge computing will continue to boom, as will the need for edge computing devices. This factor and increasing research and development investments in the edge computing sector are expected to impact the studied market's growth positively. For instance, in July 2022, a new cluster of meta-operating systems research and innovation actions received EUR 64 million (about USD 68.08 million) of EU funding to revolutionize edge computing in Europe.
- Recently, UK and US investment firms have collaborated to build a hyperscale data center. Pioneer Point (UK) and Davidson Kempner (US) plan a 450 MW data center campus in Portugal. Two funds will invest up to EUR 3.5 billion (USD 4.21 billion) in the Sine 4.0 project. The new multi-billion-dollar hyperscale data center campus will consist of five 90-MW sea-water-cooled buildings on land near a recently decommissioned coal power plant. The inauguration of the primary building is scheduled for the end of 2023. Sines 4.0 is a large-scale, 1005-green data center that responds instantly to customer needs.
- Furthermore, as the environmental demands placed on data center providers continue to become more restrictive, Increased attention is being focused on full lifecycle impacts, including construction, recycling, and end-of-life. Data center operators are increasingly focusing on adopting innovative solutions and techniques to drive operational efficiency in order to meet sustainability targets. With such trends expected to continue during the forecast period, the studied market is also expected to witness an upward growth trend during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
United Kingdom to Witness Significant Growth
- The rapid proliferation of digital services and the growing number of Internet users have exponentially increased the amount of sensitive data collected by businesses in the United Kingdom. For instance, according to Hootsuite, as of January 2022, the United Kingdom had approximately 67 million internet users in total.
- Due to the growing demand, multiple companies offering cloud services have established extensive data center locations in the country, driving the demand for structured cabling. For instance, according to a recent survey by OpenUK, about 68% of respondents in the United Kingdom use Amazon Web Services (AWS) for their cloud infrastructure, followed by Google (49%), Microsoft Azure (47%), and others.
- The growth of the structured cabling market in the United Kingdom is also accelerating due to the increasing construction of hyperscale data centers in the United Kingdom to store huge amounts of data. For example, in February 2022, NTT said it planned to double the size of its data center in London. This was part of the company's ongoing plans to invest in the UK and help speed up digital transformation and a hybrid IT environment.
As structured cable systems enable faster data transmission, such trends are expected to support the studied market's growth in the United Kingdom during the forecast period. Furthermore, the increasing focus on cost and time management, the growth of IoT data, and the need for business automation are also significantly contributing to the growth of the demand for the structured cabling market in the country.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Europe Structured Cabling Industry Overview
The Europe Structured Cabling Market is fragmented owing to the presence of several players. Major players are adopting various strategies, such as new product launches, joint ventures, partnerships, collaborations, partnerships, and acquisitions, to increase their footprints in this market and sustain it in the long run. Some key players in the market are Belden Inc., The Siemon Company, Corning Incorporated, Commscope, Inc., Anixter, Inc., and many more.
In December 2022, the Arctic data cable linking project, which is expected to link Europe to Japan, received its first investment of about EUR 1.1 billion (USD 1.5 billion) from a consortium of investors. This subsea cable would be the first of its kind to be laid in the Arctic seabed, and it would be responsible for internet connectivity in the affected areas.
In September 2022, W. L. Gore & Associates (Gore) announced the addition of a new European distributor for its high-speed data cables. According to the company, A.E. Petsche Company will be its new qualified distributor for the European region. This partnership is part of the company's expansion plans in the European region.
Europe Structured Cabling Market Leaders
The Siemon Company
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Europe Structured Cabling Market News
- September 2022: Corning Incorporated opened a new optical fiber manufacturing facility in Mszczonów, Poland, to meet the growing demand for high-speed connectivity in the European Union and surrounding regions. Being one of the largest optical fiber plants in the European Union, the facility is part of Corning’s latest in a series of global investments in fiber and cable manufacturing, totaling more than USD 500 million since 2020.
- August 2022: Siemon and Networks Centre, a UK distributor of end-to-end network infrastructure solutions, announced their collaboration to launch a new online platform where customers can purchase Siemon’s range of high-speed cable assemblies, suitable for a range of high-speed, low-latency applications across modern data center environments. Dubbed HSI Center, the new site is a one-stop online shop offering Siemon’s complete portfolio of direct-attach copper cables (DACs) and active optical cables (AOCs) for top-of-rack (ToR) switch-to-server deployments. This new HSI Center offers the perfect place for anyone with data center upgrades or extensions looking for high-quality, easy-to-install, and cost-effective solutions for server-to-switch connections.
Europe Structured Cabling Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Impact of COVID-19 on the Europe Structured Cabling Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 The Growing Expansion of Data Centers
5.1.2 Technological Advancements to Augment the Market Growth
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 Rising Demand for Wireless Solutions and Complex Installation Process
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Product Type
126.96.36.199 Copper Cable
188.8.131.52 Copper Connectivity
184.108.40.206 Fiber Cable (Single-mode & Multi-mode)
220.127.116.11 Fiber Connectivity
6.2 By Application
6.3 By Country
18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Belden Inc.
7.1.2 The Siemon Company
7.1.3 Corning Incorporated
7.1.4 Commscope, Inc.
7.1.5 Anixter Inc
7.1.6 Schneider Electric SE
7.1.7 Metz Connect GmbH
7.1.8 Siemens AG
7.1.9 Legrand S.A.
7.1.10 Datwyler IT Infra GmbH
7.1.11 RiT Tech (Intelligence Solutions) Ltd
7.1.12 AD Systems
7.1.13 Egal Doo Company
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
Europe Structured Cabling Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Europe Structured Cabling Market market is studied from 2019 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Europe Structured Cabling Market?
The Europe Structured Cabling Market is growing at a CAGR of <6.1% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in Europe Structured Cabling Market?
Belden Inc., The Siemon Company, Corning Incorporated, Commscope, Inc., Anixter Inc are the major companies operating in Europe Structured Cabling Market.
Europe Structured Cabling Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Europe Structured Cabling market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Europe Structured Cabling analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.