Europe’s proteomics market is forecasted to reach USD 9.35 billion by 2021, growing at a CAGR of 16.92%.
Proteomics, over the last decade, has gained importance in the field of diagnosis, drug research, and development. It has various applications ranging from identification of proteins to purification and separation of the protein to study the nature and properties. It has vast applications in identifying some protein-related disorders or diseases in the organism. Thus, it is evolving into an important tool in the field of life sciences.
Europe Proteomics Market-Market Dynamics
The report details several factors that drive and restrain the market for proteomics in Europe. Some of these are listed below.
Europe’s proteomics market is driven by:
- Increased demand for personalized medicine
- Increased focus on research and development in the field of proteomics
- Increased innovations in the technology
- Increased government funding for the research at institute and industry level
- Emergence of proteomics-specific analytical laboratories
- Increasing use of bioinformatics tools in proteomics
The market has some restraints like the high cost of equipment and the strict regulatory norms that make approval of the process of proteomic technology costly and lengthy.
In this report, the market is segmented by instrumentation technology, services market, applications, and geography. Instrumentation technology is further segmented into protein microarray, spectroscopy, and chromatography, etc. The services market is segmented into analytical laboratory services and data analysis and maintenance. Proteomics application is segmented into drug discovery, clinical diagnosis, and others. By geography, the market is segmented into the UK, France, Germany, Spain, and Italy.
Microarrays are predicted to be the major contributors, occupying approximately 70% of the biochip market, while services contribute only 15%. Currently, only microarrays provide high-throughput screening in protein-based diagnostics. The UK is the major shareholder, accounting for 60% of the market, followed by Germany and France.
Some of the key players in the market are:
- AB sciex
- Affymetrix Inc.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Danaher Corporation
- Sigma-Aldrich Corp
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
What the Report Offers
- Market definition for Europe’s proteomics market with information on drivers and restraints.
- Market analysis involving spectroscopy, X-Ray crystallography, protein microarrays etc.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies that can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- In-depth market segmentation by instrumentation technology (spectroscopy, X-Ray crystallography, protein microarrays), applications (drug discovery, clinical diagnosis etc.), and country (The UK, France, Germany, Spain, and Italy).
- A comprehensive analysis of the major trends, innovations and associated prospects for market growth over the coming half a decade.
- Wide-ranging information provided about the leading market players, major strategies adopted by them and new products launched by them.
1.1 Market Definition
1.2 Market Size Estimation
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3. MARKET OVERVIEW
3.2 Market Drivers
3.3 Market Restraints
3.4 Market Opportunities
4. Global Proteomics Market- Segmentation
4.1 By Instrumentation Technology
4.1.1 Protein Microarray
4.1.3 X-Ray Crystallography
4.2 By Services Market
4.2.1 Analytical Laboratory Services
4.2.2 Data Analysis & Maintenance
4.3 By Applications
4.3.2 Drug Discovery
4.3.3 Clinical Diagnosis
4.4 By Geography
5. Competitive Analysis
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 New Product Launches
5.3 Agreements & Collaborations
5.5 Other Developments
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
6.2 Danaher Corporation
6.3 Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
6.4 Affymetrix Inc.
6.5 Sigma-Aldrich Corp
6.6 AB sciex