Europe Online Dating Services Industry Overview
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Europe|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Europe Online Dating Services Market Analysis
The Europe Online Dating Service Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.2% during the forecast period from 2022-2027.
- The dating service industry has exhibited strong growth in terms of sales and has been evolving continuously over the past couple of decades. The rising population of adults and increasing internet penetration are set to increase the overall market demand further.
- A surge in internet penetration in the region has resulted in significant growth of the online dating services market. This has given an immense opportunity for service providers to gain traction among their target customers by coming up with customized features that cater to the needs of customers.
- Millennials are specific and conscious of finding their significant other, taking into account the second person’s perception of life, like-minded perceptions on various aspects, and other common likes or dislikes. This has boosted dating service providers to innovate services that match customer expectations.
- Various online dating service providers are using artificial intelligence to guide or suggest to their customers whether to go on a first date with a person they have met online.
- COVID-19 has positively affected the European Online Dating Services market. Online dating has become just plain dating due to the increased use of social media during COVID-19. The rage of dating apps like Tinder, Bumble, and numerous others, to establish and uphold healthy relationships, dating apps, online games, and social media can all offer meaningful ways of connecting with others.
Europe Online Dating Services Industry Segments
Online dating is a system that enables users to connect through digital channels, introduce themselves, and discover potential partners, typically to foster deeper connections. Rising internet penetration, particularly in the region's major developing economies, as well as the rapid integration of technology, which has increased smartphone usage, are the main factors supporting the market growth of online dating services.
Europe Online Dating Services Market is segmented by Type (Non-Paying Online Dating, Paying Online Dating), By Country ( Germany, United Kingdom, France, and Spain). Further, the study also analyses the impact of Covid-19 on the market.
|By Type (Trend Analysis with coverage on number of users and penetration rate)|
|Non- paying online dating|
|Paying Online Dating|
|Rest of Europe|
Europe Online Dating Services Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Europe Online Dating Services Market according to our research experts:
Non Paying Online Dating to Show Significant Growth
- Like other services, online dating service has two different types of business models such as free subscription and paid subscription. The rise in internet penetration in the major parts of the globe has led to an increased usage of smartphones. This factor provides immense opportunity for Non-Paying service players to develop apps that are convenient to use on smartphones.
- Dating apps also tried to foster community-building and address feelings of isolation or fear during the pandemic. Apps, namely Grindr, Lex, Bumble, HER, and Coffee Meets Bagel, hosted online events such as concerts, speed dating, and dating advice sessions, some selective for free.
- Several apps created or unlocked features to facilitate virtual dating. More than simply meeting through apps, virtual dating took the form of multiple online activities and exchanges that people could participate in while physically distancing.
- However, fake profiles on dating sites have made users face a huge loss. Many more losses likely went unreported. Thus the users are reluctant to opt-out of paid subscriptions and are looking for Non-Paying Dating Services.
- The growing usage of smartphones is boosting the online dating services market in Europe by further enabling people living in the remotest area of the region to start using online dating apps.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Growing Internet penetration is driving the market growth
- According to Ericsson Mobility Report 2021, In western Europe, owing to the continued migration from 2G and 3G, 4G subscriptions grew by 7 percent to account for 80 percent of all mobile subscriptions at the end of 2021. 5G subscription growth was also strong, rising from 5 million in 2020 to 31 million in 2021.
- According to the world economic forum, In 2021, Luxembourg, Denmark, and Spain are witnessing 96%, 95%, and 94% of households, respectively, recording high-speed internet coverage. This will enable the users to download and use online dating apps and allow fast updation of other enhanced features to improve the user experience.
- The European Commission, the EU's government, wants all homes across the EU to have 'gigabit connectivity' by 2030. Moreover, In the European Union, 70% of homes in 2021 had high-speed internet connections, up from 16% in 2013, according to Eurostat.
- Moreover, Wi-Fi is also flourishing indoors; according to a Vodafone study, households across Europe have rapidly shifted to permanent digital-first lifestyles in the wake of the pandemic, with high-quality, reliable, and secure wireless absolute necessities, and homes have up to nine Wi-Fi-enabled devices.
- In December 2021, Germany witnessed the highest number of internet users among all countries in the European Union, which is over 79.1 million, around 95 percent of the entire population, as per Internet World Stats. Such an upsurge of internet users in the region propels the growth of the online dating app services market.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Europe Online Dating Services Market Competitor Analysis
The Europe Online Dating Service market is moderately competitive and consists of major players. In terms of market share, few major players currently dominate the market. However, the extensive adoption of new technologies, such as the high penetration of smartphones among millennials, has pushed businesses to take strategic measures to complement the increasing market demand. Many companies are increasing their market presence by securing new contracts and tapping new markets.
- July 2021 - Badoo has announced that it has blocked the screenshot feature from its dating App to keep things private. Android users will be restricted from recording or saving screenshots, while iOS users will be able to see warnings if the user on the other end attempts to record or snap screenshots of their screens.
Europe Online Dating Services Market Top Players
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Europe Online Dating Services Market Recent Developments
- February 2022 - Bumble Inc announced the acquisition of Fruitz, one of Europe's fastest-growing dating apps. The dating app is popular with Gen Z, a growing segment of online dating consumers. Such acquisitions by the major players in the region are promoting the growth of inline dating app services.
Europe Online Dating Services Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.2.5 Threat of Substitutes
4.3 Assessment of COVID-19 Impact on the Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Continuous Innovation in Service Offerings
5.1.2 Growing Penetration of Smartphones and Mobile Devices
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Rising fake accounts is set to create hurdles for the Online Dating Services Market.
5.3 Analysis of major use-cases and case-studies
5.4 Key Regulations Monitoring the Market
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Type (Trend Analysis with coverage on number of users and penetration rate)
6.1.1 Non- paying online dating
6.1.2 Paying Online Dating
6.2 By Country
6.2.2 United Kingdom
6.2.5 Rest of Europe
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.6 LOVOO GmbH
7.1.8 Hinge, Inc.
7.1.10 Match Group, Inc.
7.1.11 Ok Cupid
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
Europe Online Dating Services Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Europe Online Dating Services Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Europe Online Dating Services Market?
The Europe Online Dating Services Market is growing at a CAGR of 5.2% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Europe Online Dating Services Market?
Europe is growing at the highest CAGR over 2018 - 2028.
Which region has largest share in Europe Online Dating Services Market?
Europe holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Europe Online Dating Services Market?
Tinder, Bumble, Badoo are the major companies operating in Europe Online Dating Services Market.
Europe Online Dating Services Industry Reports
In-depth industry statistics and market share insights of the Europe Online Dating Services sector for 2020, 2021, and 2022. The Europe Online Dating Services research report provides a comprehensive outlook of the market size and an industry growth forecast for 2023 to 2028. Available to download is a free sample file of the Europe Online Dating Services report PDF.