Europe Milk Protein Market Size
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
|Largest Share by End User:||Food and Beverages|
|Largest Share by Country:||Turkey|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Europe Milk Protein Market Analysis
The Europe Milk Protein Market stood at 302.08 million usd in 2021 and is projected to register a CAGR of 3.76% to reach 363.29 million usd in 2026.
- Largest Segment by Form - Isolates : The higher production costs of WPIs translate into higher prices of WPIs, further leading them to have higher value share, despite having fewer volume sales than WPCs.
- Largest Segment by End User - Food and Beverages : The F&B segment leads the market, driven by the bakery and dairy and dairy alternative products. The rise in functional F&B is boosting the demand for protein ingredients.
- Fastest Growing Segment by Form - Isolates : The projected growth is due to MPI's superior qualities and functions, such as its higher casein content to whey that aids digestion, making it ideal for infant foods.
- Fastest Growing Segment by End User - Food and Beverages : In terms of convenience and product formulations, milk protein innovation is gaining traction in the market, mainly in the bakery and breakfast cereal sub-sectors.
Europe Milk Protein Industry Segmentation
|Rest of Europe|
|By End User|
Europe Milk Protein Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Europe Milk Protein Market according to our research experts:
Largest Segment By End User : <span style="font-family: 'regular_bold';color:#0e7db3;">Food and Beverages</span>
- By application, the food and beverage sector was leading the milk protein market in the region, accounting for a major volume share, followed by the supplements sector in 2020.
- In the food and beverage sector, the bakery products segment accounted for the major volume share, followed by the snack segment, in 2020. Also, the segment is likely to outpace other applications in terms of the volume growth rate with a projected CAGR of 3.48% during the forecast period.
- A shift toward nutritional and healthy diets, by approximately 62% Europeans, due to growing health awareness and the flavor of dairy protein ingredients, is driving the milk protein market. Also, in June 2020, the FDA’s decision to permit the use of milk protein concentrates (MPCs), milk protein isolates (MPIs), and a few other ingredients in products to be labeled as “high protein milk” is further projected to drive the market segment in the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Largest Country : <span style="font-family: 'regular_bold';color:#0e7db3;">Turkey</span>
- The regional milk protein market was primarily driven by Turkey in 2020. This was attributed to the harmonization achieved in Turkish and EU Food Laws, which has been attracting a lot of foreign investments in the domestic market. Also, Turkey's youth population, which accounts for 80% of overall consumers, is boosting the demand for healthier and recognizable ingredients, further propelling the market studied. As a result, the country claimed the fastest growth and is projected to witness a volume CAGR of 6.46%.
- As one of the largest gluten-free consumers in the region, the United Kingdom remains a promising destination for milk protein consumption, owing to the ingredient's high efficacy in gluten-free formulations. Also, the whey protein demand in the country is majorly led by an increasing number of fitness enthusiasts and a heavy consumer influx in gyms and fitness clubs. The share of private gym members in the United Kingdom in 2019 was high by 19% compared to 2016, representing consumers' increasing reliance on performance-boosting supplements over the years.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Europe Milk Protein Industry Overview
The Europe Milk Protein Market is fragmented, with the top five companies occupying 39.37%. The major players in this market are Agrial Group, Arla Foods amba, Glanbia PLC, Lactoprot Deutschland GmbH and Royal FrieslandCampina NV (sorted alphabetically).
Europe Milk Protein Market Leaders
Arla Foods amba
Lactoprot Deutschland GmbH
Royal FrieslandCampina NV
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Europe Milk Protein Market News
- August 2021: Arla Foods amba launched a micellar casein isolate called MicelPure™ Milk Protein, which comes in standard and organic versions. The product contains 87% native proteins.
- February 2021: Arla Foods amba launched a new dry-blend protein that helps infant formula manufacturers reduce production costs without compromising safety or quality. It is known to be the first protein ingredient designed for dry blending. This process allows manufacturers to reduce energy usage and production costs.
- July 2020: Molkerei MEGGLE Wasserburg GmbH & Co. KG announced its plans to operate under the new company name, MEGGLE GmbH & Co. KG, on July 1, 2020. The renaming aimed to represent product diversity and underline the uniformity in the naming of all international companies under the MEGGLE Group.
Europe Milk Protein Market Report - Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary & Key Findings
2.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
2.2 Scope of the Study
2.3 Research Methodology
3. Key Industry Trends
3.1 End User Market
3.2 Per Capita Animal Protein Consumption
3.3 Raw Material/Commodity Production
3.4 Regulatory Framework (*Only for the major country/countries)
3.5 Value Chain & Distribution Channel Analysis
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Form
4.2 By Country
4.2.9 United Kingdom
4.2.10 Rest of Europe
4.3 By End User
4.3.1 Animal Feed
4.3.2 Food and Beverages
220.127.116.11 Breakfast Cereals
18.104.22.168 Dairy and Dairy Alternative Products
22.214.171.124 RTE/RTC Food Products
126.96.36.199 Baby Food and Infant Formula
188.8.131.52 Elderly Nutrition and Medical Nutrition
184.108.40.206 Sport/Performance Nutrition
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Key Strategic Moves
5.2 Market Share Analysis
5.3 Company Profiles
5.3.1 Agrial Group
5.3.2 Arla Foods amba
5.3.3 Fonterra Co-operative Group Limited
5.3.4 Glanbia PLC
5.3.5 Groupe Lactalis
5.3.6 Hoogwegt Group
5.3.7 Kerry Group PLC
5.3.8 Lactoprot Deutschland GmbH
5.3.10 MEGGLE GmbH & Co. KG
5.3.11 Royal FrieslandCampina NV
5.3.12 Savencia Fromage & Dairy
6.1 Appendix-1 References
6.2 Appendix-2 List of Tables & Figures
7. Key Strategic Questions for Proteins CEOs
Europe Milk Protein Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Europe Milk Protein Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Europe Milk Protein Market?
The Europe Milk Protein Market is growing at a CAGR of 3.76% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Europe Milk Protein Market?
Food and Beverages is growing at the highest CAGR over 2018 - 2028.
Which region has largest share in Europe Milk Protein Market?
Turkey holds highest share in 2020.
Who are the key players in Europe Milk Protein Market?
Agrial Group, Arla Foods amba, Glanbia PLC, Lactoprot Deutschland GmbH, Royal FrieslandCampina NV are the major companies operating in Europe Milk Protein Market.
Europe Milk Protein Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Europe Milk Protein market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Europe Milk Protein analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.