Europe Industrial Centrifuge Market Size
|Study Period:||2019 - 2028|
|CAGR:||> 3.7 %|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Europe Industrial Centrifuge Market Analysis
The European industrial centrifuge market is expected to register a CAGR of around 3.7% during the forecast period. The COVID-19 pandemic impacted the production of industrial machinery due to several issues, such as the rise in raw material costs and a lack of workforce to operate the machinery. According to Eurostat, the industrial production index for capital goods reduced from 100 to 60 in 2020, and the highest drop was recorded in the first wave of the pandemic. The European industrial centrifuge market is likely to grow in the future due to the increasing demand for waste-water treatment facilities in the region and the growth in pharmaceuticals and biotechnology industries. However, technological constraints like the noise level of centrifuges, which is extremely high even under normal operating conditions, are likely to impede the market's growth in the coming years.
- The water and waste-water treatment segment is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period due to the government initiatives to promote the sector and save the environment.
- The accelerated growth in the European chemical industry creates ample opportunities for the industrial centrifuge market. Due to the continuous efforts to steer the industry, Europe is now the second-largest producer of chemicals globally, constituting around 17% of the global chemical sales. The industry is still on track and is expected to grow further in the coming years.
- Germany is likely to dominate the European industrial centrifuge market during the forecast period due to the fast-paced growth of industries like food and beverages and pharmaceuticals.
Europe Industrial Centrifuge Industry Segmentation
The scope of the European industrial centrifuge market report includes:
|Food and Beverage|
|Water and Wastewater treatment|
|Metal and Mining|
|Pulp and Paper|
|Rest of Europe|
Europe Industrial Centrifuge Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Europe Industrial Centrifuge Market according to our research experts:
Water and Wastewater Treatment Expected to Witness Significant Growth
- The collection and treatment of wastewater are becoming a crucial issue in Europe for environmental protection, mainly the water bodies. Due to the initiatives taken on behalf of the European Union in the form of investments and blueprints for new facility projects, the urban waste-water treatment has improved up to a benchmark level in the region.
- There are three types of waste-water treatment plants, namely, primary treatment, biological treatment, and biological treatment with nitrogen and phosphorus removal. Many countries in the region have almost reached 100% sewage water treatment capability according to the UWWTD (Urban Waste Water Treatment Directive) regulations, like Austria, Denmark, and Luxembourg. The other countries have expanded their treatment facilities and approached the range of 90-100%of sewage treatment, like Slovakia, increasing the number to 93% with all types of treatment plants.
- Such milestones are the result of government initiatives for promoting the industry. In December 2021, the European Investment Bank earmarked around EUR 19.8 million to construct a new wastewater treatment plant and rehabilitate and extend the existing wastewater collection system in Mitrovica, Kosovo. It is the second investment on behalf of the entity after Gjilan.
- The European Union also focused on providing safe drinking water by setting up wastewater treatment plants. For example, in November 2020, the European Union approved the allocation of EUR 440 million for an upcoming wastewater treatment plant in Romania. The project will improve the water supply in six Romanian counties. It is expected to be in service by 2023.
- Such developments are expected to increase the adoption rate of industrial centrifuges in the wastewater treatment industry to a greater extent.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Germany Expected to be the Fastest-growing Market
- Germany has witnessed a considerable expansion in the pharmaceuticals and food and beverage industries in the last two decades. Moreover, the country has a well-developed steel market for the manufacturing of industrial centrifuges.
- The pharmaceuticals industry has gone through evolving stages in the country, leading to a well-developed market. The market's revenue in Germany was recorded at EUR42 billion in 2020, the highest figure in entire Europe. Further, Germany is Europe's largest food producer. By turnover, France dominates the food and drinks industry. However, the highest growth rate is currently witnessed in Germany, mainly due to the changing food habits. Thus, new food processing facilities are planned in Germany to respond to these changing preferences.
- Two start-ups in Berlin are currently on a mission to establish a food factory in the city to produce animal-free cheese and fish products. Formo, the first company, will produce nature-identical cheese using microorganisms to produce real milk protein. Bluebiosciences, the second company, has taken the stake to develop a cell-based fish product. The factory will be in service by 2023.
- In 2021, the new German government introduced plans to avoid fat-based food production and promote plant-based products. It plans to approve innovations such as alternative protein sources and meat substitutes in the European Union. Such announcements are likely to give rise to more food processing facilities in the country, as per the food choices prescribed by the government.
- Such kinds of developments are expected to boost the industrial centrifuge market in the country in the future.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Europe Industrial Centrifuge Industry Overview
The European industrial centrifuge market is moderately fragmented. Some of the key players in the market include Alfa Laval AB, Andritz AG, GEA Group AG, HAUS Centrifuge Technologies, and Flottweg SE.
Europe Industrial Centrifuge Market Leaders
Alfa Laval AB
GEA Group AG
HAUS Centrifuge Technologies
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Europe Industrial Centrifuge Market News
- In August 2021, PepsiCo announced plans to construct a new food manufacturing plant in Poland. The project is believed to be the largest and the most sustainable food factory in Europe. The PLN 1-billion project is the company's fifth plant in the country, expected to be fully operational in 2025.
- In March 2020, Canada-based food company McCain announced its plans to establish a food factory in Russia. The privately-owned business, which currently does not have a production presence in Russia, has been building a factory in the Tula region, around 75 miles south of Moscow.
Europe Industrial Centrifuge Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Scope of the Study
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Study Assumptions
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET OVERVIEW
4.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast in USD billion, till 2027
4.3 Recent Trends and Developments
4.4 Government Policies and Regulations
4.5 Market Dynamics
4.6 Supply Chain Analysis
4.7 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.7.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.7.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.7.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.7.4 Threat of Substitutes Products and Services
4.7.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.2.1 Horizontal Centrifuge
5.2.2 Vertical Centrifuge
5.3 Operation Mode
5.4.1 Food and Beverage
5.4.3 Water and Wastewater treatment
5.4.5 Metal and Mining
5.4.7 Pulp and Paper
5.4.8 Other Industries
5.5.3 United Kingdom
5.5.4 Rest of Europe
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 Alfa level AB
6.3.2 Andritz AG
6.3.3 Hiller Separation & Process GmbH
6.3.4 GEA Group AG
6.3.5 Vitone Eco SRL
6.3.6 HAUS Centrifuge Technologies
6.3.7 Thomas Broadbent & Sons Ltd
6.3.8 Flottweg SE
6.3.9 Centrifuges Un-Limited
6.3.10 Mayfran International
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Europe Industrial Centrifuge Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Europe Industrial Centrifuge Market is studied from 2019 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Europe Industrial Centrifuge Market?
The Europe Industrial Centrifuge Market is growing at a CAGR of >3.7% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in Europe Industrial Centrifuge Market?
Alfa Laval AB, GEA Group AG, HAUS Centrifuge Technologies, Andritz AG, Flottweg SE are the major companies operating in Europe Industrial Centrifuge Market.
Europe Industrial Centrifuge Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Europe Industrial Centrifuge market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Europe Industrial Centrifuge analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.