Sweet spreads are an integral part of every breakfast and this has led to their steady growth. The rising health consciousness among consumers has given way to new low calorie spreads. The major market players in this industry are Unilever Group, Ferrero, Group, Hero AG, Premier Foods and Andros SAS . The European Market for food spreads is set to be worth 8.9 billion USD by 2015.
Unilever lead the race as the leading food spreads manufacturer with a reported 8.3% increase in its sales overall. Germany and Netherlands are the two other regions which are witnessing a steady growth rate in the Spreads Market. Sales in the spreads market increased by almost 29% in the UK. The UK food spreads market witnessed sales increase by 5% in value terms through 2012, while experiencing a smaller increase in volume terms of 2%. Western Europes food spreads market accounted to 4.89 in 2014 and has increased at the rate of 5.2% CAGR from 2011 to 2014.The sales for pea nut butter in UK have increased by 25% while jam sales have remained stagnant in the last 4 years. Around 7.7% of consumers have switched from jam to peanut butter. The UK sweet spread sales account to 437.26 million.
Health and Wellness spreads were the pick of the lot amongst all the other food spreads and enjoyed a market share of 47.8% in terms of overall sales.
In this report we offer,
1) A key insight into the market size, share and forecast for food spreads
2) Analysis of the dominant regions in food spreads including North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the rest of the world.
3) Analysis of the drivers/inhibitors/opportunity analysis for each of the micro markets.
4) Segmentation of the food spreads market by type of spreads- jams, jellies, nut based, chocolate based, fruit based and honey.
Why should you buy this report?
1) For getting a comprehensive overview of the worldwide food spreads market
2) To gain wide ranging information about the major players in this industry and the strategies adopted by them.
3) To understand which categories of food spreads are doing well in the market and which are not.
4) To gain an insight about the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and also identify the regions which are untapped.