Europe Food Safety Testing Market
The European food safety testing market is likely to sustain the slowest growth compared to other global regions. Germany dominates the market for food safety testing in Europe and is followed by the United Kingdom and France. In terms of fastest growth too, Germany’s food safety testing market is slated to surpass other European regions. Pathogen testing dominates the European food safety testing market with fruit & vegetable testing for contaminants being the largest application area.
The practice of food safety testing has gained considerable significance over the past years in view of growing incidences of food-borne illnesses and poisoning caused by contaminated food products. Companies engaged in the manufacture and distribution of food products are mandated by respective regional and international regulatory agencies to implement food safety testing and certification. Such tests are carried out on a range of food products that include dairy, fruits & vegetables, meat & poultry and processed foods, among others, such as cereals and food additives. Major causes that result in food contamination include inadequacy in treating and processing food to destroy contaminants and other impurities, improper handling of food and contaminated input food materials. Pathogens have been implicated in the maximum occurrences of food-borne illnesses on a global basis, thereby signifying the largest share accorded to pathogen testing in the food safety testing market.
Primary factors driving the market for food safety testing include rise in the number of food-borne illnesses, stringent regulations, greater consumer awareness and globalization of the food trade, to name a few. Prospects offered by emerging markets of Asia-Pacific and South America in the area of food safety testing are the most attractive, with the developed economies of North America and Europe expected to maintain slower growth over the 2017 - 2022 analysis period.
What the Report Offers
- A key insight into the market size, share and forecast for food safety testing.
- Analysis of the major global regions, including North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America and rest of the world.
- North American market analysis by the United States and Canada.
- Type of contaminant analyzed by GMOs, pathogens, pesticides, toxins and other contaminants.
- Type of food analyzed by dairy, fruits & vegetables, meat & poultry, processed foods and other foods.
- Factors instrumental in changing market scenarios and prospective opportunities.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- For gaining an exhaustive understanding of the worldwide food safety testing market.
- Would be of assistance in providing a comprehensive analysis of the major trends and associated prospects for market growth over the coming half a decade.
- An ideal opportunity for industry consultants, food safety testing market players and other interested and allied parties to gain a critical insight into the factors driving and restraining the market, in addition to opportunities offered.
- Wide-ranging information provided about the leading market players and the major strategies adopted by them.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definitions
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Design
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering & Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. KEY FINDINGS
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Greater Incidences of Food-Borne Diseases
4.1.2 Food Trade Going Global
4.1.3 Food Industry Adopting Rapid Microbiological Tests at a Faster Pace
4.1.4 Organizations promoting Food Safety
4.2.1 High Cost and Highly Time Consuming Food Safety Test Pattern
4.2.2 Concerns for GMO labelling
4.3.1 Growing Consumer Awareness for food safety
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Contaminants Type
5.1.3 Pesticides and Residues
5.1.4 Toxins and Heavy metals
5.1.5 Food Allergen
5.2 By Food Type
5.2.2 Fruits & Vegetables
5.2.3 Meat & Poultry
5.2.5 Processed Foods
5.3 By Technology
5.3.1 Traditional Technology
5.3.2 Rapid Technology
5.4 By Geography
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Strategy Adopted by Key players
6.2 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. Company Profiles
7.1 SGS S.A.
7.2 Bureau Veritas S.A.
7.3 Intertek Group PLC
7.4 Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
7.5 Eurofins Scientific
7.6 ALS Limited
7.8 Det Norske Veritas As (DNV GL)
7.9 Mérieux NutriSciences Corporation (Silliker, Inc.)
7.10 Silliker Inc.
7.11 ILS Limited
7.12 Accugen Laboratories, Inc.
7.13 ADPEN Laboratories
7.14 Avomeen Analytical Services
7.15 Campden BRI
7.16 EMSL Analytical, Inc.