Europe Distribution Transformer Market Size
|Study Period||2019 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Forecast Data Period||2023 - 2028|
|Historical Data Period||2018 - 2021|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Europe Distribution Transformer Market Analysis
The Europe Distribution Transformer Market size is expected to grow from USD 2.71 billion in 2023 to USD 3.43 billion by 2028, registering a CAGR of 4.84% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Over the medium term, increasing energy demands from industries and upgrading old transmission and distribution systems will likely drive the Europe distribution transformer market.
- On the other hand, fluctuations in the price of raw materials needed for manufacturing distribution transformers are expected to restrain the Europe distribution transformer market.
- Nevertheless, the advent of smart grid projects requiring new distribution networks and increasing penetration of distribution energy resources at the end-consumer end in the region is anticipated to create several opportunities for the Europe distribution transformer market in the future.
- Germany is expected to be the fastest-growing European distribution transformers market. Owing to its increasing demand for electricity and the rising renewable energy installation and connecting them to the country's grid.
Europe Distribution Transformer Market Trends
500 kVA - 2500 kVA Segment Expected to have a Significant Share in the Market
- Large or demanding applications often require distribution transformers with rated capacities between 500 KVA and 2500 KVA to provide more power than smaller transformers. These distribution transformers are used in the textile, automotive, pharmaceutical, metal, power, and food industries and the oil and gas industry, including offshore and onshore platforms, refineries, and pipelines.
- The widespread deployment of EV charging infrastructure across Europe is a key driver of demand for distribution transformers. To meet the charging needs of EV owners, an extensive network of charging stations is being established in public spaces, residential areas, workplaces, and along major highways. These charging stations require distribution transformers to supply electricity to multiple charging points simultaneously, ensuring efficient and reliable charging operations.
- Integrating smart charging and load management systems further amplifies the demand for distribution transformers in the EV charging sector. Smart charging allows optimized charging schedules, load balancing, and demand response capabilities. Distribution transformers equipped with advanced communication and control features enable intelligent management of the charging process, minimizing strain on the grid and maximizing the utilization of renewable energy sources.
- As energy prices rise in Europe, many Europeans in off-grid locations have secured their energy security by installing distributed generation systems, eliminating the need for grid expansion in remote locations. For instance, in January 2023, Otovosigned an agreement to secure USD 131 million to expand its European residential solar portfolio. With 12,000 solar subscription assets, Otovowill owns and operates a large distributed power plant. Due to this, the demand for distributed generation solutions is rising rapidly, with several companies looking to enter the marketplace.
- The electricity generation in Europe has increased in recent years, while there was a minute decline of 3.5% at 3900 Terawatt hours in 2022 from the previous year. With the integration of charging infrastructures and electric vehicles into the Europe power system, the demand for energy will likely increase.
- Hence, owing to the above points, the 500 kVA - 2500 kVA segment will likely have a significant share in the Europe distribution transformer market during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Germany Expected to be the Fastest-Growing Market
- The German industrial sector is a significant demand driver for distribution transformers. As one of the world's leading industrial economies, Germany has a diverse manufacturing base that spans various sectors, such as automotive, machinery, chemicals, electronics, and more. These industries rely heavily on a reliable and stable power supply to operate efficiently.
- The German industrial sector requires substantial electricity to power manufacturing processes, machinery, and equipment. The growing manufacturing activities in the country contribute to an increased demand for distribution transformers to distribute electricity effectively within industrial facilities.
- Additionally, expanding and establishing new industrial facilities further contribute to the demand for distribution transformers. As companies grow their production capacity or set up new manufacturing units, they require additional distribution transformers to meet their electricity needs.
- For instance, in April 2023, according to the federal statistical office, German industrial production experienced a greater-than-expected increase in February, primarily driven by the automotive manufacturing sector. In addition, production rose by 2.0% compared to the previous month.
- Further, the German renewable energy sector is projected to experience significant growth due to the country's ambitious emission reduction targets. Germany aims to reduce emissions by at least 65% by 2030 and at least 88% by 2040.
- Moreover, renewable energy sources typically generate electricity at different voltage levels than the standard grid voltage. Distribution transformers play a crucial role in transforming the voltage of the electricity generated by renewable sources to match the voltage requirements of the distribution network. This ensures compatibility and seamless integration into the existing grid infrastructure. According to International Renewable Energy Agency, the installed renewable energy capacity reached 148.37 GW in 2022.
- Hence, owing to the above points, Germany is expected to be the fastest-growing market for Europe's distribution transformer market during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Europe Distribution Transformer Industry Overview
Europe's distribution transformer market is fragmented. Some of the major players in the market (in no particular order) include Hitachi ABB Power Grids, Siemens Energy AG, Eaton Corporation PLC, Schneider Electric SE, and General Electric Company, among others.
Europe Distribution Transformer Market Leaders
Hitachi ABB Power Grids
Eaton Corporation PLC
Schneider Electric SE
General Electric Company
Siemens Energy AG
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Europe Distribution Transformer Market News
- April 2023: A consortium of Siemens Energy and Spain-based company Dragados Offshore agreed with German-Dutch transmission system operator Tennet to supply electric components for power transmission in three grid connections in the North Sea. The EUR 7 billion contract covers equipment like transformers, switchgear, and converter technologies they will manufacture at their European factories.
- March 2023: Ganz Transformers, the European technology provider for power grids, collaborated with Maschinenfabrik Reinhausen(MR) to manufacture digital transformers with the help of MR's ISM digital platform for intelligent solutions.
Europe Distribution Transformer Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Scope of the Study
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Study Assumptions
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
4. MARKET OVERVIEW
4.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast in USD, till 2028
4.3 Recent Trends and Developments
4.4 Government Policies and Regulations
4.5 Market Dynamics
18.104.22.168 Rising Renewable Energy Generation
22.214.171.124 Rising Investments In EV Charging Infrastructure
126.96.36.199 Rising Distributed Generation
4.6 Supply Chain Analysis
4.7 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.7.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.7.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.7.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.7.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.7.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.2 Dry Type
5.2.1 Below 500 kVA
5.2.2 500 kVA - 2500 kVA
5.2.3 Above 2500 kVA
5.3.1 Single Phase
5.3.2 Three Phase
5.4.2 United Kingdom
5.4.5 Rest of Europe
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 Hitachi ABB Power Grids
6.3.2 Siemens Energy AG
6.3.3 Eaton Corporation PLC
6.3.4 Schneider Electric SE
6.3.5 General Electric Company
6.3.6 Westrafo SRL
6.3.7 Societa Elettromeccanica Arzignanese S.p.A
6.3.8 GBE S.p.A
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Developing Greener Alternatives To SF6
Europe Distribution Transformer Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Europe Distribution Transformer Market is studied from 2019 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Europe Distribution Transformer Market?
The Europe Distribution Transformer Market is growing at a CAGR of 4.84% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in Europe Distribution Transformer Market?
Hitachi ABB Power Grids, Eaton Corporation PLC, Schneider Electric SE, General Electric Company , Siemens Energy AG are the major companies operating in Europe Distribution Transformer Market.
Europe Distribution Transformer Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Europe Distribution Transformer market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Europe Distribution Transformer analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.