The residential real estate market is the cornerstone of the wellbeing of any economy. Shelter is considered as a basic need for humans and lies at the base of the famous hierarchy of needs pyramid (Maslow). Therefore, it is understood that the manner in which the residential real estate market moves, has a rippling effect across swathes of people around the world.
Key industry thought leaders pontificate that population growth, increased standards of living and limited & shortage of land/housing are key requirements for real estate prices to stay up. It has been further stated that the absence of any of the above three trends can stall a housing market and the absence of two or more can send property values downward. Many such factors are at play within the real estate market, across the globe, and are covered in detail in the Mordor Intelligence’s market research study on the global residential real estate market.
Key countries and cities globally are covered in the study, based on population, country level GDP, residential construction activity, demographics and other such factors.
In the report, the global residential real estate market has been divided into four subgroups, namely budget, value, premium, and luxury; wealth distribution demographics and risk-return characteristics desired by various classes of real estate investors play a basal role in matching the demand/supply by property type.
Key Themes Investigated During Research:
- Global economic activity, at city/country level and sector/industry level, analysis of GDP and key industries affecting residential real estate, PESTLE analysis and the presence of shadow economy.
- Interest rates, mortgage rates, inflation and employment statistics world over.
- City level coverage and market build-up (Key cities covered based on population, business activity, etc.).
- Demographic analysis and the effect of demographics on residential real estate and special insights.
- Consulting key opinion leaders and specialists for gaining insights on a variety of relevant topics (many covered below).
- Supply, vacancy and absorption trends across different residential real estate asset class types.
- Purchaser and Lease Types: Preferences and their experiences.
- Analysis of the primary and secondary markets globally.
- Affordable housing supply analysis as a key assessment factor.
- Return metrics for, both, leasing and sales transactions of the residential real estate market across the region (at city/country level).
- Unit-based Metrics/Insights: Unit size vs. Sales velocity, Home features vs. Sales velocity, Unit price vs. Sales velocity.
- Industry revenues from plotting and development activity, real estate rental and leasing activities, real estate brokerage services, property management services and other services.
- Profiling of the key and upcoming players in the global residential real estate market.
- Market sizes with definitions and expected growth (with CAGR) for different segments of the global residential real estate market, at country and city level.
- Capital/credit availability, along with key trends and analysis on competition between investors in the residential real estate industry. Coverage of direct and indirect investment methods, along with key statistics on PERE, the performance of stock market listed REOC companies, data on REITS and their performance, commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS) and institutional allotment to real estate financing.
- E-commerce trends, technological trends and paradigm shifts in operational aspects of the residential real estate business, due to technological advancements, development of new solutions that could change the functioning of the industry.
- Emergence and continued presence of solution providers, such as data analytics providers, and software solution companies, along with the presence of home automation, AR & VR, smart construction and offsite construction, being seen as beneficial to the brokers instead of the other way around.
- Environment friendliness, green building trends and EHS trends globally.
- Taxes & legal costs and procedures for procuring residential real estate property - an important factor affecting the rate of return/yield.
- Profiling and competitive analysis of key industry players, comparing them on various parameters, such as the locations of their operation/assets, price trends, effects on valuation due to the surroundings of the property, operating styles, presence in capital markets.
- The presence of service companies and their huge role in taking the industry forward.
Key Deliverables: Access Table of Contents
Additional data and analysis as per our research methodology/trend coverage. The above can be provided/delivered as a customized solution. For further queries contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Global Value of Residential Real Estate Assets Vs. Other Mainstream Assets
According to some estimates, almost 45% (~USD 160 trillion) of mainstream asset value lies in residential real estate, globally.
- Global Housing Price Index (HPI) Over 2014-16
Global Housing Prices - A Strong Trend in the Q3 2015- Q3 2016 Period
- YoY % change in price of residential real estate by country, best performing and countries with significant correction in price*:
*Majority of the data from 2016. 15% of the points based on 2014 and 2015 data.
1. Executive Summary
2. Research Methodology
3. Global RRE Industry Outlook
3.1 GDP and Economic Activity
3.2 Consumer Confidence
3.4 Employment Rate
3.5 Interest Rates
3.6 Household Wealth
4. Regulatory Environment,RRE Laws and Key Policy Initiatives for the Global RRE Market
5. Global RRE Market Dynamics
5.5 Technological Innovations
5.6 EHS Trends
5.7 Porter's Five Force Analysis
6. Global RRE Industry Value Chain Analysis
7. Global RRE Market Data Analysis By Property Type
7.1.1 Market Size (USD million)
7.1.2 Total Supply:Historical and Forecast
7.1.3 Occupancy Rate and Vacancy Rate
7.1.4 Absorption Rate(%)
7.1.5 New Units/Project Launches
7.1.6 Market Share Analysis by Configuration, Demographics, etc
7.1.7 Market Trends (Average Capital Value Trends, Average Rental Values, Others)
7.2.1 Market Size (USD million)
7.2.2 Total Supply:Historical and Forecast
7.2.3 Occupancy Rate and Vacancy Rate
7.2.4 Absorption Rate(%)
7.2.5 New Units/Project Launches
7.2.6 Market Share Analysis by Configuration, Demographics, etc
7.2.7 Market Trends (Average Capital Value Trends, Average Rental Values, Others)
7.3.1 Market Size (USD million)
7.3.2 Total Supply:Historical and Forecast
7.3.3 Occupancy Rate and Vacancy Rate
7.3.4 Absorption Rate(%)
7.3.5 New Units/Project Launches
7.3.6 Market Share Analysis by Configuration, Demographics, etc
7.3.7 Market Trends (Average Capital Value Trends, Average Rental Values, Others)
7.4.1 Market Size (USD million)
7.4.2 Total Supply:Historical and Forecast
7.4.3 Occupancy Rate and Vacancy Rate
7.4.4 Absorption Rate(%)
7.4.5 New Units/Project Launches
7.4.6 Market Share Analysis by Configuration, Demographics, etc
7.4.7 Market Trends (Average Capital Value Trends, Average Rental Values, Others)
8. Global RRE Market covered By Geography
8.1 North America
8.2.2 United Kingdom
8.2.8 Scandinavian Countries
8.3 Asia Pacific
8.3.6 New Zealand
8.3.7 Hong Kong
8.3.8 South Korea
8.4 Latin America
8.5 Middle East and Africa
8.5.2 Saudi Arabia
9. Global RRE Market Investment Analysis
9.1 Direct Investment (Public, Private, PERE and PPP)
9.2 Indirect Investment (REITs, REOCs, Others)
10. Competitive Landscape of the Global RRE Market
10.1 Market Share Analysis
10.2 Key Player Profiles
10.2.1 Player Portfolio (Area Developed; Completed, Ongoing & Future Projects)
10.2.2 Property Sectors Covered
10.2.3 Technological Advances
10.2.4 Services offered
RRE Residential Real Estate
GDP Gross Domestic Product
EHS Environmental, Health and Safety
PERE Private Equity in Real Estate
PPP Public Private Partnerships
REIT Real Estate Investment Trusts
REOC Real Estate Operating Companies