The market of dairy based beverages in Europe is growing at a fast rate as people are paying more attention to their health. European countries favor a lot for dairy based beverages, as they tend to be the largest importers of dairy products. Denmark is the largest producer of milk and Germany is consuming more dairy based beverages as the young generation incorporates dairy in sally diet. Europe market of flavored milk is the major focus for gaining the growth in this sector.
Growing consumer interest in the health benefits of dairy consumption in Europe is driving market growth. These products include reduced cholesterol and saturated fat or added nutritive components, such as calcium magnesium, antioxidants, Omega 3, fiber, protein, phytosterol etc. Health benefits of probiotic drinks especially improvement of digestion and immune system is attracting consumers of all age groups. Another factor driving the growth of the European dairy based beverages market is rising medical cost, which is forcing the population to go for preventive measures and maintain good health. The availability of dairy alternatives is restraining the dairy based beverage market growth. Key competitors to milk and dairy products now are milk alternatives, such as coconut milk, almond milk, flax milk, and other juices that provide the same health benefits.
The European dairy beverage market is segmented by type, packaging and by sales channels. By type the dairy beverage market is segmented into standard white milk, flavored milk, drinking yoghurt, functional milk, and others. Standard white milk holds the highest share in the global dairy beverage market. However, due to rising competition of standard white milk with plant- dairy alternatives, food manufacturers are focusing more on the functional and probiotic drinks, which would offer additional health benefits compared to standard milk. Omega-3, fibers, bioactive compounds, and phytosterol are some of the functional components added to dairy beverage. By packaging type, the dairy based beverage market has been categorized into can, while by sales channel, the dairy- market has been segmented into convenience stores, supermarkets/hypermarkets, mass merchandisers, drug stores, food services/sports nutrition chain vending, and others.
Russia and Germany are the fastest growing economic in the region and driving the dairy based beverages market in Europe. Denmark is the major producer in the region. The region is expected to witness moderate to high growth rate during the forecast period.
- January 2018 - Arla Foods announced a plan to invest of EUR 527 million in 2018 as the company continues to deliver on its 2020 growth ambition. This investment plan is a growth plan aimed at expanding its positions in key dairy categories and geographic markets
- March 2018 - Nestlé Canada shared expansion plans for USD 51.5 million investment to increase production capabilities at its London, Ontario, ice cream plant. The expansion investment will help the company continue to innovate and bring new products to the market
Major Players - Arla foods, BASF, Blue Diamond Growers Inc, Earth's Own Food Company Inc, Eden Foods Inc, Krafts foods group Inc., Living Harvest Foods Inc, Nestle, South East Bottling & Beverage, Sunsweet growers, U.S.Beverage Manufacturing, The functional beverage co., among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors that are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
- Regional and country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel
Customization of the Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you to get a report that suits your needs
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Report Description
2. Market Overview
2.1 Market Trend
3. Market Dynamics
3.1.1 Increase in Cases of Lifestyle And Age-Related Diseases
3.1.2 Wide Variety of Dairy Drink Products Available
3.1.3 Increase in Health Awareness among Consumers
3.2.1 Availability of Dairy Alternative Drinks
3.3.1 Growing Functional Beverage Market Sector
3.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.4.5 Degree of Competition
4.1 By Type
4.1.1 Standard White Milk
4.1.2 Flavored Milk
4.1.3 Drinking Yoghurt
4.1.4 Functional Milk
4.2 By Packaging
4.3 By Sales Channel
4.3.1 Convenience stores
4.3.3 Grocery Stores
4.4 By Geography
4.4.7 Rest of Europe
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Most Adopted Market Strategies
5.2 Most Active Companies
5.3 Market Share Analysis
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Blue Diamond Growers Inc.
6.2 Earth's Own Food Company Inc.
6.3 Eden Foods Inc.
6.4 Living Harvest Foods Inc.
6.6 U.S. Beverage Manufacturing
6.7 South east Bottling & Beverage
6.8 Krafts foods group Inc.
6.10 Sunsweet growers
6.11 The Functional Beverage Co.
6.12 Arla Foods