The Europe Cancer Vaccines Market (MEA) was valued at USD XX million in 2016. Considering the historical trend and possible future developments, the market is projected to reach a value of USD XX million by 2022, with a CAGR of XX% over the forecast period of 2017-2022.
Cancer vaccines are biological preparations that stimulate or strengthen a person's immune system against cancer. Cancer vaccines are usually administered intravenously. They can be used for both adults and children. The vaccines can be broadly classified into prophylactic and therapeutic vaccines. Prophylactic vaccines are used for the prevention of cancer, whereas therapeutic vaccines are used for treatment of the disease.
According to WHO in 2012, more than 3.7 million new cancer cases were diagnosed in Europe. The tobacco and alcohol consumption is considered as the cause for 40% of the total cancer cases. This cancer burden is expected to increase in the forecast years due to unhealthy lifestyle and increasing aging population. These factors will lead to the growth of the European cancer vaccine market.
Compare to the cancer pharmaceutical market the cancer vaccine market is considered to be relatively small. The regulation related to pre and post-marketing approvals are more stringent and hence the development of the market has remained limited. The stringent regulatory procedure is considered as the barrier to the growth of the cancer vaccine market.
This market has been segmented based on technology as subunit vaccines, live attenuated vaccines, conjugate vaccines, inactivated vaccines, recombinant vector vaccines, synthetic vaccines and others. Based on treatment method they are classified as preventive vaccines and therapeutic vaccines. The market is segmented based on the application as cervical cancer, prostate cancer, liver cancer and others. Based on type of population as adult and pediatric. Since this is a European market, based on geography, the market is segmented into the UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and rest of Europe.
Some of the key players in this market include –
- Market analysis for the Europe Cancer Vaccines Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers, restraints opportunities and challenges.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with company profiles of key players with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Europe Cancer Vaccines.
- Insights of the market in the regions that have the highest potential for growth and also identify the markets that are still untapped.
1.1 Market Definition
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Key Inferences
5. Market Overview
5.1 Current Market Scenario
5.2 Porter’s Five Forces
5.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
5.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
5.2.3 Threats of New Entrants
5.2.4 Threat of Substitute Product and Services
5.2.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
6. Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities and Challenges Analysis (DROC)
6.1 Market Drivers
6.1.1 Growing Number of Cancer Cases
6.1.2 Emphasis on Early Diagnosis of Cancer
6.1.3 Technological Developments
6.1.4 Huge Expenditure on Cancer Care
6.2 Market Restraints
6.2.1 Stringent Regulatory Requirements
6.2.2 Dominance of pharmaceutical therapy
6.2.3 Cold Chain Management
6.4 Key Challenges
7. Market Segmentation
7.1 By Technology
7.1.1 Subunit Vaccines
7.1.2 Live Attenuated Vaccines
7.1.3 Conjugate Vaccines
7.1.4 Inactivated Vaccines
7.1.5 Recombinant Vector Vaccines
7.2 By treatment method
7.2.1 Preventive Vaccines
7.2.2 Therapeutic Vaccines
7.3 By Application
7.3.1 Cervical Cancer
7.3.2 Prostate Cancer
7.3.3 Liver Cancer
7.4 By Geography
184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
8. Competitive Landscape
8.1 Mergers and Acquisitions
8.2 Agreements, Collaborations and Partnerships
8.3 New Product Launches
9. Key Players
9.1 Astellas Pharma Inc.
9.2 Astrazeneca Plc.
9.3 Glaxosmithkline Plc.
9.4 Merck & Co., Inc.
9.5 Pfizer Inc.
9.6 Prima BioMed
9.7 Sanofi Pasteur,
10 Future Outlook of the Market