Europe Adhesives & Sealants Market Size
|CAGR:||> 6 %|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Europe Adhesives & Sealants Market Analysis
The Europe Adhesives Market valued at USD 19,700 million by the end of this year, and the market is projected to register a CAGR of 6% during the forecast period. The COVID pandemic has disrupted the supply chain network of raw materials, negatively affecting the adhesives and sealants market. Post-pandemic, the rising demand for construction, healthcare, and packaging industries is excepted to revive the market for adhesives and sealants.
- The demand for adhesives and sealants is extensively driven by the growing demand from the construction industry and increasing healthcare infrastructure.
- However, the market growth is likely to be hindered by the rising environmental concerns regarding the usage of chemicals.
- In the studied market, the packaging end-user segment is expected to dominate the market. However, the aerospace end-user segment is expected to be the fastest-growing segment in the region during the forecast period.
- The innovation and development of bio-based adhesives and shifting focus toward adhesive bonding for composite materials are likely to offer opportunities for the adhesives and sealants market in the region.
- Germany stands to be the largest market for adhesives and sealants in the region, where the consumption is driven by the end-user industries, such as automotive, construction, electronics, and packaging.
Europe Adhesives & Sealants Industry Segmentation
Adhesives are made from a combination of resins, additives, and solvents. The composition of the resins and additives entirely depends on the end-user industry in which they are used. The market is segmented by resin type, technology, end-user industry, and geography. By Adhesive resin type, the market is segmented into acrylic, cyanoacrylate, epoxy, polyurethane, silicone, VAE/EVA, and other resins. Concerned about technology, the market is segmented into the hot melt, reactive, solvent-borne, UV-cured, and waterborne. By sealant resin type, the market is segmented into polyurethane, epoxy, acrylic, silicone, and other resin types. By end-user industry, the market is segmented into aerospace, automotive, building and construction, footwear and leather, healthcare, packaging, woodworking and joinery, and other end-user industries. By geography, the market is distributed among the following countries: France, Germany, Italy, Russia, Spain, the United Kingdom, and the rest of Europe. The report offers market size and forecasts in terms of both revenue (USD million) and volume (kilotons) for all the above segments.
|Adhesives by Resin|
|Adhesives by Technology|
|Sealants by Resin|
|Building and Construction|
|Footwear and Leather|
|Woodworking and Joinery|
|Other End-user Industries|
|Rest Of Europe|
Europe Adhesives & Sealants Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Europe Adhesives & Sealants Market according to our research experts:
Packaging Segment Dominates the Market Demand
- In Europe, the packaging segment is the largest consumer of adhesives and sealants. The packaging sector has been witnessing strong demand from end-user applications, such as food and beverages, cosmetics, consumer goods, stationery, and other end-user industries.
- Moreover, the demand for cosmetics and food and beverage products is expected to grow due to the growing population and demand for quality products, urbanization, and consumers inclining toward technology, hence, fueling the demand for the packaging industry.
- In Germany, the recycling technology sector grew as recycling capacities expanded dramatically, partly due to China's ban on importing waste plastic packaging. Therefore, increasing the use of recycled plastic packaging products increases the use of adhesives. In addition, the German government set a goal of having 90% of home plastic packaging recyclable or reusable by 2025, which will increase the plastic packaging in the country. Packaging production in Germany increased, reaching 203.01 million tons in 2021 compared to 195.2 million tons of production in 2020, thereby increasing the adhesives consumption volume by around 8% in 2021 compared to 2021.
- In France, post-COVID-19 pandemic, the demand for retail e-commerce sales increased. The retail eCommerce revenue increased in 2021, reaching USD 92.71 billion compared to USD 80.31 billion in 2020, and is likely to reach USD 143.2 billion by 2025. This increases the demand for packaging products in the country and is expected to increase the demand for packaging adhesives over the forecast period.
- Similarly, the United Kingdom produced around 1.9 million tons of packaging paper and paperboard and 5.3 million tons of corrugated board in 2021, thereby increasing the demand for packaging adhesives in the country.
- Hence, such trends driving the growth of the packaging industry is likely to further fuel the consumption of adhesives and sealants in the region.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Germany to Dominate the Market
- Germany dominates the region in the consumption of adhesives and sealants, owing to the presence of prominent automotive production, rising construction activities, and growth in the packaging, aerospace, and healthcare end-user industries in the country.
- Germany has the largest construction industry in Europe. In 2021, the German government initiated the construction of the Digital Park Fechenheim on a 10.7ha area, with a gross floor area of 100,000 m2, in Frankfurt-Fechenheim, Hesse, Germany, with an investment of USD 1,179 million. The construction project is expected to be completed by Q4 2028.
- Germany is one of the biggest e-commerce markets in Europe and has the second largest population in Europe, which will drive the packaging production market. Compared to Europe’s average, Germany has a high number of online shoppers, the percentage of people using the internet, and the average annual spending. Total sales of goods sold online reached around EUR 99.1 billion in 2021, an increase compared to EUR 83.3 billion in 2020.
- Packaging production is majorly driven by plastics in the country, which nearly accounts for around 79% of the packaging produced in 2021. In addition, with the advancement of plastic recyclability, the plastic production segment is likely to register the fastest growth rate of around 3.32% CAGR during the projected period.
- Germany is one of the largest markets for medical devices in Europe. In 2021, the German medical devices market accounted for about USD 39.2 billion and is expected to reach about USD 41.9 billion in 2022.Thus, it will likely to drive the market for adhesives in the country.
- Hence, such trends in end-user industries are expected to drive the consumption of adhesives and sealants in the country over the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Europe Adhesives & Sealants Industry Overview
Europe Adhesives and Sealants Market is consolidated in nature, with much healthy competition in the market. The major companies are Arkema Group, Sika AG, H.B. Fuller Company, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, and Huntsman International LLC.
Europe Adhesives & Sealants Market Leaders
Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
H.B. Fuller Company
Huntsman International LLC
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Europe Adhesives & Sealants Market News
- March 2022: Bostik signed an agreement with DGE for distribution throughout Europe, Middle East & Africa. The agreement includes Born2BondTM engineering adhesives developed for 'by-the-dot' bonding applications in specific industries, such as automotive, electronics, luxury packaging, medical devices, and MRO.
- Feb 2022: the company H.B. Fuller announced the acquisition of Fourny NV to strengthen its Construction Adhesives business in Europe.
- July 2021: the company H.B. Fuller announced a strategic agreement with Covestro to offer sustainable adhesives in the market.
Europe Adhesives & Sealants Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Report
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Rising Demand from the Construction Industry in Germany
4.1.2 Growing Usage in the Packaging Industry
4.2.1 Rising environmental concerns
4.2.2 Other Restrains
4.3 Industry Value-chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Adhesives by Resin
5.1.7 Other Resins
5.2 Adhesives by Technology
5.2.1 Hot Melt
5.2.4 UV Cured
5.3 Sealants by Resin
5.3.5 Other Resins
5.4 End-user Industry
5.4.3 Building and Construction
5.4.4 Footwear and Leather
5.4.7 Woodworking and Joinery
5.4.8 Other End-user Industries
5.5.6 United Kingdom
5.5.7 Rest Of Europe
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%)**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.2 Arkema Group
6.4.3 Avery Dennison Corporation
6.4.4 Beardow Adams
6.4.6 Dymax Corporation
6.4.7 H.B. Fuller Company
6.4.8 Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
6.4.9 Huntsman International LLC
6.4.10 Jowat AG
6.4.11 Mapei Inc.
6.4.12 Tesa SE (A Beiersdorf Company)
6.4.13 MUNZING Corporation
6.4.14 Sika AG
6.4.15 Wacker Chemie AG
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Innovation and Development of Bio-based Adhesives
7.2 Shifting Focus Towards Adhesive Bonding for Composite Materials
Europe Adhesives & Sealants Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Europe Adhesives and Sealants Market is studied from 2022 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Europe Adhesives and Sealants Market?
The Europe Adhesives and Sealants Market is growing at a CAGR of >6% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in Europe Adhesives and Sealants Market?
Arkema Group, Sika AG, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, H.B. Fuller Company, Huntsman International LLC are the major companies operating in Europe Adhesives and Sealants Market.
Europe Adhesives and Sealants Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Europe Adhesives and Sealants market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Europe Adhesives and Sealants analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.