The European ablation technologies market is estimated to be USD 1.68 billion in 2016 and is expected to reach USD 2.88 billion by the end of 2021. The CAGR during this period is expected to be 11.32%.
Europe Ablation Technologies Market-Market Dynamics
The report details several factors driving and restraining the market. Some of these have been listed below.
Contributing to the growth of the market are factors such as:
- Recent technological advancements and studies
- Ever-increasing incidence of cancer and cardiac disease population
- Increasing demand for ablation technologies
- Recent developments that have led to the reduced healthcare costs
- Improvement in the patient quality of life
The lack of properly skilled labor has been hindering the market growth. Along with this, the regulatory framework for the ablation technologies has been stringent across the globe and is an issue that needs to be resolved for the proper growth of the market.
The European ablation technologies market is segmented into three different categories. The first segment is based on the type of technology being used in the market. These include procedures such as radiofrequency ablation, microwave ablation, electrical ablation, ultrasound, and cryoablation. Among these techniques, radiofrequency ablation is the most used technology worldwide. More than 50% of the ablation procedures use the radiofrequency ablation techniques. The second segment explores the applications of the ablation techniques. Ablation techniques are used in surgeries involving major body organs. They are used in cardiovascular surgeries, cancer treatments, colorectal surgery, dermatology surgeries, urology and other procedures.
Geographically, the European market consists of the markets in the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and other nations. Germany is the biggest market in Europe with a share as high as 26%.This can be attributed to the technological advancements, per capita income and the ever-rising patient population that has cancer and cardiac-related problems. Following Germany, the UK is the second largest market in Europe.
Some of the key players in the market are:
- Arthro Care Corporation
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Covidien Ltd.
- Given Imaging, Ltd.
- Intuitive Surgical, Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson, Inc.
- Karl Storz GmbH & Co. KG
What the Report Offers
- Market definition for the European ablation technologies market along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis for the European ablation technologies market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies that can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their share of markets.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- An exhaustive understanding of the European ablation technologies market.
- A comprehensive analysis of the major trends, innovations and associated prospects for market growth over the coming half a decade.
- An ideal opportunity for industry consultants and other interested and allied parties to gain a critical insight into the factors driving and restraining the market, in addition to opportunities offered.
- Wide-ranging information provided about the leading market players and the major strategies adopted by them.
1.1 Report Description
1.2 Research Methodology
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
2.1 Key Findings
2.2 Market Overview
3. MARKET OVERVIEW
3.1 Market Introduction
3.2 Market Dynamics
3.2.1 Market Drivers
184.108.40.206 Recent Technological Advancements
220.127.116.11 Improved Patient quality of life
18.104.22.168 Reduced Healthcare cost
22.214.171.124 Increased demand for minimally invasive procedures
126.96.36.199 Increasing incidence of Cancer and Cardiovascular diseases
188.8.131.52 Increase in the aging population
3.2.2 Market Restraints
184.108.40.206 Regulatory Issues
220.127.116.11 Limited expertise of skilled labor
4. Market Segmentation: Technology
4.2 Radiofrequency Ablation
4.3 Microwave Ablation
4.5 Electrical Ablation
4.7 Laser Ablation
4.8 Irreversible Electroporation
5. Market Segmentation: Applications
5.2 Cardiac Surgery
5.3 Colorectal Surgery
5.4 Dermatological Surgery
5.5 ENT Surgery
5.6 Gastrointestinal Surgery
5.7 Gynecologic Surgery
5.8 Lung & Respiratory Care
5.13 Weight Loss
6. Market Segmentation: Geography
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
7.2 New Product Launches
8. COMPANY PROFILES
8.1 Abbott Laboratories, Inc.
8.2 Arthro Care Corporation
8.5 Boston Scientific Corporation
8.6 Covidien Ltd
8.7 Given Imaging, Ltd.
8.8 Intuitive Surgical, Inc.
8.9 Johnson & Johnson, Inc.
8.10 Karl Storz GmbH & Co. KG
8.11 MAKO Surgical Corp
8.12 Medtronic, Inc.
8.13 NovaTract Surgical, Inc.
8.14 Omniguide Surgical
8.15 REMA Medizintechnik GmbH
8.16 Smith & Nephew, PLC
8.17 Stryker Corporation US
8.18 Surgical Innovations Group PLC
8.19 Teleflex, Inc.
8.20 Zimmer Holdings