Enterprise Server Market Size
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Enterprise Server Market Analysis
The enterprise server market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 12.56% during the forecast period. The market landscape is expected to witness strong innovations to enhance performance, speed, and memory to support the surge of Big Data, high-performance computing, and business intelligence applications.
- An enterprise server is a computer server that includes programs required to collectively serve the requirements of an enterprise instead of an individual unit, user, or specific application. An enterprise server provides consolidated connections, a choice of broadcast, TCP/IP, or multicast, as well as user-defined tools for conflation and hibernation, resulting in improved network and desktop performance.
- The market for enterprise servers is majorly driven by the increased investments in the capacity of hyperscale data centers to reshape the core server market. The server market is also expected to witness a server-refresh cycle, which may favorably impact market growth over the next few years.
- Furthermore, emerging technologies, such as flash storage, virtualization, and advanced management, may offer new avenues for market growth. New applications (developed to meet specific computing requirements of the enterprises and end users) are also expected to contribute significantly to the growth of the enterprise server market.
- With the current number of servers, managing data traffic, workload, and computing have been unable to keep up with the snowballing growth in data center traffic. With the increasing server computing capacity and virtualization, multiple workloads, and compute instances per physical server, there is a demand for more data centers to handle this load. This has been a significant factor driving investments in data center infrastructure across the world, significantly contributing to the growth of the enterprise server market.
- However, the high initial and installation costs related to using enterprise servers are one of the main concerns preventing their wider adoption. High-end corporate servers demand a significant level of technical skill to install and maintain, which is a barrier for the studied market.
Enterprise Server Industry Segmentation
An enterprise server is a computer server that includes programs needed to collectively serve the requirements of an enterprise instead of an individual user, department, or specialized application.
The enterprise server market is segmented by operating system (Linux, Windows, and UNIX), server-class (high-end server, mid-range server, and volume server), server type (blade, multi-node, tower, and rack-optimized), end-user vertical (IT and telecommunication, BFSI, retail, healthcare, and media and entertainment), and geography. The market sizes and forecasts are provided in terms of value (USD million) for all the above segments.
|By Operating System|
|Other Operating Systems (i5/OS, z/OS, etc.)|
|By Server Class|
|By Server Type|
|By End-user Vertical|
|IT and Telecommunication|
|Media and Entertainment|
|Other End-user Verticals|
|Middle East and Africa|
Enterprise Server Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Enterprise Server Market according to our research experts:
Rack Optimized Server Type to Witness High Growth
- A rack server is comparatively smaller and mounted within a rack compared to a tower server. It is designed to be positioned vertically, stacking various electronic devices, such as cooling systems, storage units, network peripherals, batteries, and SAN devices, with servers one over the other.
- The primary advantage of using a rack server is that a user can stack any required electronic devices with the server, wherein a single rack can contain multiple servers, hence, consuming lesser space, due to which it is now mostly preferred by many organizations across the world.
- Hyperscale data center adoption by cloud service providers is expected to drive the market considerably over the forecast period. Moreover, the demand for rack-optimized servers is rapidly increasing, compelling the industry players to invest in this technology.
- Supermicro, an IT solution provider for cloud, AI/ML, storage, and 5G/Edge, announced the expanded adoption of key open hardware and open source technologies into the core Supermicro server portfolio. Moreover, the newly launched 8U 8-GPU Rack Optimized Systems delivers superior power and thermal capabilities for large-scale AI Training and includes a host of open technologies.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific to Witness Highest Growth Rate
- The Asia-Pacific region is estimated to register the highest growth rate, due to the increasing adoption of technologies, such as artificial intelligence, the Internet of Things, and Big Data, in various end-user industries, thus, increasing the demand for enterprise servers in this region.
- The increasing data center services in the Asia-Pacific region, owing to the growing number of multinational and domestic enterprises turning toward cloud service providers, are also driving the need for enterprise servers.
- Moreover, the Indian government’s cloud computing policy, which says that the data generated in India may be stored within the country, may ramp up the number and size of data storage centers in India, thus, boosting the enterprise server market.
- Furthermore, major firms, such as Google and Apple, are also planning to open their data centers in China to seek enhanced connectivity and scalable solutions for their growing businesses.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Enterprise Server Industry Overview
The enterprise server market is competitive, owing to the presence of many players in the market in the market, both domestic and international. The market is consolidated as some players currently occupy most of the market. Some of the key strategies adopted by the major players are product innovation and mergers and acquisitions. Some major players in the market are Hewlett Packard Enterprise Co., Dell Technologies Inc., IBM Corporation, and Cisco Systems Inc., among others.
- On November 2022, Lenovo announced the launch of ThinkSystem servers and ThinkAgile hyper-converged (HCI) solutions, powered by 4th Gen AMD EPYC processors, including ThinkAgile VX and ThinkAgile HX, to enable faster hybrid multi-cloud deployment and simplify infrastructure management.
- On May 2022, IBM announced the launch of ESS 3500 to its Spectrum Scale Enterprise Storage Server (ESS) portfolio featuring a faster controller CPU and more throughput. It is designed to work with Nvidia’s DGX-dense compute servers for AI training.
Enterprise Server Market Leaders
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Co.
Dell Technologies Inc.
Cisco Systems Inc.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Enterprise Server Market News
- August 2022: Inspur Information, an IT infrastructure solutions provider, is combining AIStation, its unified management and scheduling AI computing resource platform, with NVIDIA AI Enterprise, a cloud-native suite of AI and data analytics software, to provide enterprise users with an efficient platform for utilizing AI computing resources.
- June 2022: Hewlett Packard Enterprise announced that it is the first major server provider to deliver a new line of cloud-native compute solutions using processors from Ampere. The new HPE ProLiant RL Gen 11 servers provide a single socket that delivers up to 128 cores per socket for scale-out computing. These servers are ideally suited for customers that offer digital services, media streaming, social platforms, e-commerce, financial, or online services, and cloud-based services such as IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS.
Enterprise Server Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Deliverables and Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHT
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Assessment of COVID-19 Impact on the Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Increasing Adoption of Migration to the Cloud
5.1.2 Growth of Big Data
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Adoption of Server Virtualization
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Operating System
6.1.4 Other Operating Systems (i5/OS, z/OS, etc.)
6.2 By Server Class
6.2.1 High-end Server
6.2.2 Mid-range Server
6.2.3 Volume Server
6.3 By Server Type
6.3.4 Rack Optimized
6.4 By End-user Vertical
6.4.1 IT and Telecommunication
6.4.6 Media and Entertainment
6.4.7 Other End-user Verticals
6.5 By Geography
6.5.1 North America
6.5.4 Latin America
6.5.5 Middle East and Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Co.
7.1.2 Dell Technologies Inc.
7.1.3 IBM Corporation
7.1.4 Cisco Systems Inc.
7.1.5 Lenovo Group Ltd
7.1.6 Oracle Corporation
7.1.7 NEC corporation
7.1.8 Unisys Corporation
7.1.9 Fujitsu Ltd
7.1.10 Hitachi Ltd
7.1.11 Toshiba Corporation
- *List Not Exhaustive
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
Enterprise Server Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Enterprise Server Market is studied from 2019 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Enterprise Server Market?
The Enterprise Server Market is growing at a CAGR of 12.56% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Enterprise Server Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2019-2027.
Which region has largest share in Enterprise Server Market?
North America holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Enterprise Server Market?
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Co., Dell Technologies Inc., IBM Corporation, Cisco Systems Inc., Oracle Corporation are the major companies operating in Enterprise Server Market.
Enterprise Server Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Enterprise Server market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Enterprise Server analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.