The global enterprise mobility in manufacturing market is expected to register a CAGR of 22.89% over the forecast period of 2018–2023.
The modern manufacturing establishments are generally spread over vast areas. Manufacturing environments such as oil & gas refineries, metal processing industries, and automobile industries operate in insanely large spaces. People working in such manufacturing environment often depend on mobile communication for multiple purposes. Previously most of the communications, instructions, and feedback were sent and received on cheaper 2G bands or radio interface.
However, after the shutdown of 2G and the rapid advancement of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), such manufacturing establishments turned towards mobility solutions for help. Mobility solution in case of the manufacturing sector is very useful as it can monitor several parameters remotely. Data from mobile devices can give access to real-time location, performance statistics, and machine data (in case of inspections) directly to the management without any delay.
IIoT and Industry 4.0 to Present New Opportunities
The industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) has taken factory automation to the next level of the industrial revolution (Industry 4.0). Companies are increasingly adopting IIoT solutions to benefit from a broad range of advantages provided by it. The Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), also known as the Industrial Internet, brings together brilliant machines, advanced analytics, and people at work. It is the ultimate network of several devices connected by communications technologies that enable the companies’ to prepare systems that can monitor, collect, exchange, analyze, and deliver valuable information used to make decisions by the management.
With the help of technologies like Machine-to-Machine (M2M) communication, industrial Big Data analytics, and cyber security, the IIoT is delivering uncompromised levels of efficiency and performance to its users. As a result, this is changing the way people communicate and operate in a manufacturing environment. To avoid the boundaries caused by distance, manufacturing establishments are using mobility solutions increasingly. Each new iteration of the product is evolving to be much smarter and more compatible with IIoT standards leading to new opportunities in the market.
Key Developments in the Market
- March 2018: BlackBerry signed a technology and brand licensing deal for “BlackBerry Secure” with Swiss consumer electronics maker, Punkt Tronics AG. The new agreement enables Punkt to bring to market a range of highly secure products, which will embed BlackBerry cyber security technology.
- December 2017: McAfee Inc., acquired Skyhigh networks, a leading cloud access security broker in the market. The acquisition is expected to help McAfee in blending cloud security, network protection, and endpoint management to be competent with rivals like Microsoft and Cisco.
The major players include Good Technology (Blackberry), MobileIron, Inc., VMware, Citrix Systems, Inc., Microsoft Corporation, Cisco Systems, Inc., and McAfee, Inc., among others.
Reasons to Purchase the Report
- Current and future enterprise mobility in manufacturing market outlook in the developed and emerging markets.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s Five Forces Analysis.
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market.
- Regions that are expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3-month analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel).
Customization of the Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Research Methodology
1.4 Key Findings
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Overview
3.2 Value Chain Analysis
3.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.3.5 Competitive Rivalry
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Increasing IIoT Solutions due to Industry 4.0
4.1.2 Demand for Integrated Solutions
4.2.1 Shadow IT
4.2.2 Security Concerns
4.3.1 Emergence of Enterprise Mobility Management Software
4.3.2 Increasing Use of Artificial Intelligence in Mobility Apps
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Device
5.2 By Region
5.2.1 North America
5.2.4 Latin America
5.2.5 Middle East & Africa
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Cisco Systems, Inc.
6.2 Citrix Systems, Inc.
6.4 Good Technology Inc. (Blackberry)
6.5 McAfee Inc
6.6 Microsoft Corporation
6.7 MobileIron, Inc.
6.9 Symantec Corporation
6.10 Tempo Al
6.11 Tylr Mobile, Inc.
*List not Exhaustive
7. Investment Analysis
8. Future of the Market