The enterprise mobility in energy sector market is expected to witness a CAGR of 18.36% over the forecast period (2018 - 2023). The report includes insights on the solutions offered by major players including providers of hardware, professional services, and integration solutions. The regions included in this study are North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
Enterprise mobility is an approach to working in which employees can do their respective jobs from anywhere using a variety of devices and applications. This commonly refers to the use of mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablets, for business purposes and also covers the mobility of corporate data and of the workers themselves.
Technological Advancement and Increased Efficiency Drives the Market Demand
The energy sector is an industry where the mobile workforces and the globally dispersed stakeholders are the norm, enterprise mobility solutions are becoming increasingly important. Enterprise mobility ranks as a top- technology priority for energy companies. And ongoing developments in mobile technologies, coupled with advances in cloud services, analytics, and mobile application security, are extending its value to ever-more applications and users. Mobile devices are in rapid and constant development, more powerful yet smaller and smarter. Of particular relevance to energy companies, these devices are also becoming more resilient, with explosion-proof smartphones and tablets now readily available.
Mobile applications help the specialist workers to collaborate in real-time across the global supply chain without needing to be present at the plant, this increases plant availability and reduces time to market.
Importance of Enterprise Mobility in Energy Sector
Energy and utility companies’ work is distributed and widely extended, between homes, businesses, and wherever else the supporting infrastructure exists. Territories for field workers often span wide and without a plan on prioritizing their sites, time and money can be wasted on unproductive routes. Over two-thirds of utility company employees work in the field for the majority of their day. By having the field workers far away from the central shop for most of their time, communication becomes a challenge between the back office and the field workers.
Mobile applications enable field workers to work on problems more efficiently. Providing employees with a mobile application on a modern smart device can allow them to easily access all this info on their phones, such as accurate site location.
Key Developments in the Market
- February 2018 - SAP SE announced the release of SAP Asset Strategy and Performance Management to enhance asset intelligence across the digital supply chain. The new application helps customers define, plan, and monitor optimal maintenance strategies for physical assets and monitor performance data across a network of connected assets in real time. It enables criticality assessments and segmentation of assets to help organizations choose a decision framework, such as failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA), for the optimal maintenance strategy for an asset or assets.
Major Players: Blackberry, Cisco Systems Inc., Citrix Systems Inc., Cittercism, Fierlink Communications Corp., Good Technology, McAfee Inc., Microsoft Corporation, MobileIron Inc., Oracle, SAP, Symantec Corporation, TCS, Tech Mahindra, Tempo Al, and Tylr Mobile Inc., among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future global enterprise mobility in energy sector market outlook
- Analyzing the performance of various segments in the market
- Analyzing different perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Identifying the segments and sub-segments expected to dominate the market
- Identifying the regions expected to witness an expedited growth during the forecast period
- Latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel)
Customization of the Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Research Methodology
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Market Overview
3.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
3.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.3.4 Threat of Substitutes
3.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Feasibilty of BYOD and CYOD and Enterprise Fit
4.1.2 Improved and Modernized Inter and Intra Enterprise Communication Channel
4.1.3 Operational Efficiency Improvement
4.2.1 Pre Training and Skillset Requirement for Enterprise Mobilty Implementation
4.2.2 Vulnerability to Data Thefts
5. Global Enterprise Mobility in Energy Sector Market Segmentation
5.2.1 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
184.108.40.206 South Korea
220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.2.4 Latin America
18.104.22.168 Rest of Latin America
5.2.5 Middle East & Africa
22.214.171.124 Saudi Arabia
126.96.36.199 South Africa
188.8.131.52 United Arab Emirates
184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
6.2 Cisco Systems, Inc.
6.3 Citrix Systems, Inc.
6.5 Fierlink Communications Corp.
6.6 Good Technology
6.7 McAfee Inc
6.8 Microsoft Corporation
6.9 MobileIron, Inc.
6.11 SAP SE
6.12 Symantec Corporation
6.14 Tech Mahindra
6.15 Tempo Al
6.16 Tylr Mobile, Inc.
*List not exhaustive
7. Investment Analysis
7.1 Recent Mergers and Acquisitions
7.2 Investor Outlook
8. Future Outlook of Global Enterprise Mobility in Energy Sector Market