Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Europe Energy Management Systems market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 17.9% during the forecast period 2021-2026. The market is expected to grow at a steady rate during the study period.
- Energy Management System (EMS) is not only limited to energy-saving efforts that are adopted to save the available energy, but is also a wider concept to deal with the process of controlling, monitoring, and conserving energy in the public or government sector, businesses, organizations and even in residential buildings.
- Moreover, increasing usage of smart grid services, growing competition among industrial enterprises, cost efficiency increasing the demand from emerging economies, and government policies and incentives are some of the factors augmenting the growth of the market.
- Furthermore, among the end-user verticals, the manufacturing sector of Europe accounted for a significant share as they have equipment installed that runs continuously, which is critical to the plant operations. The industries are making efforts to reduce their carbon footprint by implementing energy management systems because of the strict regulations regarding environmental emissions.
- The Covid-19 had an adverse impact on the industry as most of the industry operations were put on hold, and upgradation activities were deferred due to the growing pandemic and to minimize the spread of infection in the country.
Scope of the report
Energy management systems help monitor and control energy consumption in industries, commercial facilities, and residential sectors. The data collected is presented intuitively, which helps make sound decisions to improve the building’s energy performance.
This report offers a detailed analysis of the global energy management system market that is segmented by type of (EMS, BEMS, IEMS, HEMS), end-user vertical (manufacturing, power, and energy, IT and telecommunications, healthcare, etc.), and countries in Europe.
The report further covers the detailed study on the impact of Covid-19 on the market.
|By Type of EMS|
|By End-User Industry|
|Power and Energy|
|IT and Telecom|
|Rest of Europe|
Key Market Trends
Power and Energy to Show Significant Growth
- Europe, concerning emissions and energy consumption, has stringent laws and policies compared to others. These regulations pressurize the construction industry to make new buildings and refurbish the old ones that adhere to these norms.
- The UK government mandate states that energy suppliers need to install smart meters in 26 million homes, with the aim that every household in England, Wales, and Scotland, to have a smart meter by 2020.
- The accelerating smart meter roll-out, growing awareness of the energy crisis, and the European directive to reduce 80% of carbon emission by 2050 have been identified as the major factors influencing the growth of the home energy management systems in the United Kingdom.
- France had announced a program that would channel USD 15 billion into digital infrastructure with an allocation for smart meters. It aimed to install 3 million smart meters by 2016 through the national utility Électricité de France (EDF), scaling up to 35 million meters by 2020, aiding the growth of the energy management systems market.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Germany to Hold the Highest Market Share
- Germany has been focusing on sustainable long-term energy since 2010. The country adopted a strategic roadmap on renewable energy adoption, called Energy Concept. This strategy establishes a pathway that is looking toward 2050 with renewable energy as its foundation.
- The German government is on course to become one of the world’s most energy-efficient and environmentally friendly countries through the National Action Plan Energy Efficiency plan, which addresses the funding of schemes for energy efficiency measures and energy audits.
- Further, the region is developing its energy management System through the reimbursement of the EEG levy in accordance with the German Renewable Energy Act, with the certification of the ISO 50001, a framework for the supply, use, and consumption of energy in industrial, commercial, and institutional organizations.
- Besides, according to Deos AG, about 40% of the total energy in Germany is used to operate buildings. This is precisely where state-of-the-art energy management systems can create the perfect framework for considerably greater energy efficiency in buildings. They save energy, increase the comfort of building users, and conserve resources.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The Europe Energy Management System market is moderately fragmented and consists of several major players. In terms of market share, few of the major players currently dominate the market. However, with innovative and sustainable packaging, many of the companies are increasing their market presence by securing new contracts and by tapping new markets.
- November 2021 - Slovenian-based state utility ELES has completed the deployment of a cloud-based advanced energy management system (AEMS) under efforts to leverage modern and innovative use cases for grid reliability.
- October 2021 - Siemens Smart Infrastructure has acquired French IoT startup Wattsense to expand its offering within the buildings energy management and automation and French markets.
ROCKWELL AUTOMATION INC.
GENERAL ELECTRIC COMPANY
SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC SE
CISCO SYSTEMS INC.
- August 2020 - Schneider Electric and Huck Capital, an investment firm committed to transforming the utility model, have announced a partnership to deliver clean energy-as-a-service to commercial and industrial buildings.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the Industry
4.3 Market Drivers
4.3.1 Growing Concerns over Energy Efficiency
4.4 Market Restraints
4.4.1 Lack of Skilled Labour
4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.6.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Type of EMS
5.2 By End-User Industry
5.2.2 Power and Energy
5.2.3 IT and Telecom
5.3 By Application
5.3.1 Energy Generation
5.3.2 Energy Transmission
5.3.3 Energy Monitoring
5.4 By Component
5.5 By Country
5.5.1 United Kingdom
5.5.5 Rest of Europe
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 IBM Corporation
6.1.2 Rockwell Automation Inc.
6.1.3 General Electric Company
6.1.4 Schneider Electric SE
6.1.5 Cisco Systems Inc.
6.1.6 Tendril Networks Inc.
6.1.7 Eaton Corporation
6.1.8 EnerNOC Inc.
6.1.9 Elster Group GMBH
6.1.10 SAP SE
7. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Europe Energy Management Systems Market market is studied from 2019 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Europe Energy Management Systems Market?
The Europe Energy Management Systems Market is growing at a CAGR of 17.9% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in Europe Energy Management Systems Market?
IBM CORPORATION , ROCKWELL AUTOMATION INC. , GENERAL ELECTRIC COMPANY , SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC SE , CISCO SYSTEMS INC. are the major companies operating in Europe Energy Management Systems Market.