|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia-Pacific|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The testing, inspection, and certification market (henceforth referred to as the market studied) was valued at USD 209.78 billion in 2021, and it is expected to reach USD 306.92 billion by 2027, registering a CAGR of 6.62%, during the period of 2022-2027 (henceforth referred to as the forecast period).
· The testing, inspection, and certification industry is a major contributor to the global economy as it helps improve the quality of products used across industries by various end users. Also, TIC services help reduce product recalls and maintain compliance with regulatory authorities and standards governing different industries.
· The introduction of advanced technologies across various sectors has further intensified the need for TIC services as they foster safe development and adoption of technologies while maintaining compliance. TIC services also provide the required certifications as certain industries, including healthcare and pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, automotive, and industrial manufacturing, require internationally certified products and technologies.
· Testing, inspection, and certification (TIC) play a significant role in ensuring that the infrastructure, services, and products meet the standards and regulations of safety and quality. Due to the high demand for inspection and testing at regular intervals across a few industries, such as oil and gas, the TIC market is expected to witness growth, irrespective of industrial seasonality.
· Stringent regulations from government and regulatory bodies, especially in the domain of food certification and energy efficiency in the construction business, are compelling organizations to leverage testing, inspection, and certification (TIC) services.
· In order to standardize quality, testing and inspection services in India’s food industry are expected to witness significant growth. The food regulator Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is able to bring transparency to food safety inspection and sampling by putting in place a nationwide online platform.
· Globalization of trade leads to a complex supply chain that can impact product quality. Therefore, TIC services are required at every stage of the supply chain to maintain the same. Due to rapid globalization, privatization of state-owned laboratories, and increasing standards of end-user efficiency, complex supply chains have posed major challenges to the TIC market.
· According to TIC Council, the global trade federation representing the independent third-party testing, inspection, and certification (TIC) industry, the COVID-19 pandemic hindered companies from performing testing, inspection, and certification activities by traveling and carrying out on-site activities, which was primarily attributed to the travel restrictions imposed to curb the pandemic from spreading further. Furthermore, companies discouraged in-person visits out of caution for their workers. This led to an overall decline in the revenue generated from the sector.
Scope of the Report
The testing, inspection, and certification market consists of conformity assessment bodies that offer services ranging from auditing and inspection to testing, verification, quality assurance, and certification.
The testing, inspection, and certification market is segmented by service type (testing and inspection service and certification service), sourcing type (outsourced and in-house), end-user vertical (consumer goods and retail, food and agriculture, oil and gas, construction and engineering, energy and chemicals, manufacturing of industrial goods, transportation (rail and aerospace), industrial and automotive, and other end-user verticals), and geography.
|By Service Type|
|Testing and Inspection Service|
|By Sourcing Type|
|By End-user Vertical|
|Consumer Goods and Retail|
|Food and Agriculture|
|Oil and Gas|
|Construction and Engineering|
|Energy and Chemicals|
|Manufacturing of Industrial Goods|
|Transportation (Rail and Aerospace)|
|Industrial and Automotive|
|Other End-user Verticals|
Key Market Trends
Food and Agriculture Expected to Hold a Significant Market Share
· The food and agriculture sector is highly regarded as working on principles of safety and sustainability. Close monitoring of these industries with respect to quality adherence, product lifecycle, etc., has positively impacted the TIC market.
· Due to an increase in food contamination instances around the world, the food and beverage industry has been under constant pressure to adhere to regulatory bodies' procurement, processing, and packaging standards. In addition, governments in several countries have tightened regulatory frameworks and mandated food testing along the value chain to ensure consumer safety and health.
· A continuum of stringent government regulations in various countries across the globe has led TIC service providers to ensure quality and help improve the end consumable productivity. Growing consciousness regarding health and the type of food to consume has, thus, triggered food manufacturers to be transparent about their practices.
· In April 2021, China's State Administration for Market Regulation released GB 31604.52-2021, "National Food Safety Standard Food Contact Materials and Products Determination of Migration of Primary Aromatic Amines." The standard allows for the detection of the migration of 29 primary aromatic amines in food contact materials and is suitable for food simulations, such as 4% acetic acid, 10% ethanol, 20% ethanol, 50% ethanol, and vegetable oil, and chemical substitute solvents for 95% ethanol and isooctane. The formulation of this standard offers scientific means to carry out the detection, risk monitoring, risk assessment, and maintaining compliance management of primary aromatic amines in food contact materials in China.
· TUV India Food Testing Laboratory also organized an online awareness session on "SFDA regulations for fresh fruits and vegetables, agricultural crop and spices export from India." Attended by around 150 participants consisting of major exporters and related stakeholders, the session provided awareness to stakeholders regarding the new testing requirements for fresh fruits and vegetables as per an SFDA notice, which has been in force since June 15, 2021.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific Holds the Largest Market Share
· The Asia-Pacific region is anticipated to hold a major market share due to emerging markets in countries such as China, India, Japan, and South Korea, which have become attractive through the development of indigenous industries and subsequent acceleration in exports, the introduction of stringent standards, and rapid urbanization.
· Emerging markets, such as China, have become attractive spots through the development of indigenous industries and subsequent acceleration in exports, the introduction of stringent standards, and rapid urbanization.
· China's five-year plan for 2016–2020 and the Made in China 2025 initiative have identified 5G as an emerging industry. It offers opportunities for Chinese companies to become more competitive and innovative in the global market and prevent low-quality and counterfeit goods from entering the market, which the attainment of domain-specific certifications can achieve.
· Like other key Asia-Pacific countries, Japan is very active in the downstream oil and gas sector. The shutdown of multiple nuclear power plants for safety purposes in the country after the Fukushima plant accident made Japan largely dependent upon fossil fuels for all its energy needs.
· Owing to low domestic production in the country, the Japanese government has been encouraging its energy companies to increase exploration and development projects globally to secure a stable supply of oil and natural gas. These initiatives make Japan one of the major exporters of capital equipment for the energy sector and make the sector one of the country’s major adopters of TIC services.
· On the manufacturing front, the South Korean government is planning to turn the nation's robotics technology into a USD 25 million industry, with a focus on becoming the fourth-largest player by 2023. This is fostering the emergence of robotic companies. However, companies need to acquire industrial robot product safety certification based on international and local standards to bring such robots into the manufacturing and service sector.
· Furthermore, South Korea is home to semiconductor giants like Samsung Electronics and SK Hynix. In May 2021, the South Korean government announced plans to invest USD 451 billion in domestic semiconductor production over the next decade.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The testing, inspection, and certification market is expected to witness intense competitive rivalry. With high consolidation expected over the next few years, the competitive rivalry in the market is expected to increase further.
· In January 2022, SGS announced its partnership with Microsoft. The new collaboration will enable the company to develop and innovate data, IoT, and AI-based TIC services that are sustainable and inclusive and can help its customers realize their full potential.
· In April 2021, Intertek Group was selected as an accredited testing laboratory under the US Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) Accreditation Scheme for Conformity Assessment (ASCA) Pilot Program. With this recognition, 12 Medical Centers of Excellence within Intertek’s global network of labs have been authorized to assist manufacturers worldwide with medical device premarket testing.
· In March 2022, UL Group opened a new state-of-the-art testing laboratory in Hai Duong. The facility features end-to-end service solutions testing for certification, including global market access services for products manufactured in Vietnam.
· In January 2022, Bureau Veritas announced its acquisition of PreScience, a US-based leader of project management/construction management services for transportation infrastructure projects. PreScience’s service offering will expand Bureau Veritas’ existing Buildings & Infrastructure portfolio of services in North America.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.3 Market Challenges
4.4 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the TIC Industry
4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.5.5 Threat of Substitues
5. ANALYSIS OF THE NDT SERVICE INDUSTRY
5.1 Current Market Demand
5.2 Market Breakdown - Oil and Gas, Construction, Automotive, Aerospace and Defense, etc.
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Service Type
6.1.1 Testing and Inspection Service
6.1.2 Certification Service
6.2 By Sourcing Type
6.3 By End-user Vertical
6.3.1 Consumer Goods and Retail
6.3.2 Food and Agriculture
6.3.3 Oil and Gas
6.3.4 Construction and Engineering
6.3.5 Energy and Chemicals
6.3.6 Manufacturing of Industrial Goods
6.3.7 Transportation (Rail and Aerospace)
6.3.8 Industrial and Automotive
6.3.9 Other End-user Verticals
6.4 By Geography
6.4.1 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
184.108.40.206 South Korea
220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.4.4 Latin America
18.104.22.168 Rest of Latin America
6.4.5 Middle-East and Africa
22.214.171.124 Saudi Arabia
126.96.36.199 United Arab Emirates
188.8.131.52 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Intertek Group PLC
7.1.2 SGS SA
7.1.3 Bureau Veritas SA
7.1.4 UL Group
7.1.5 DNV GL
7.1.6 Eurofins Scientific SE
7.1.7 Dekra Certification GmbH
7.1.8 ALS Limited
7.1.9 BSI Group
7.1.10 SAI Global Limited
7.1.11 MISTRAS Group Inc.
7.1.12 Element Metech (Exova Group PLC)
7.1.13 TUV SUD Ltd
7.1.14 Applus Services SA
7.1.15 Kiwa NV
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS AND MARKET OUTLOOK
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Testing, Inspection, and Certification Market market is studied from 2020 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Testing, Inspection, and Certification Market?
The Testing, Inspection, and Certification Market is growing at a CAGR of 6.62% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Testing, Inspection, and Certification Market?
Asia-Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Testing, Inspection, and Certification Market?
Asia-Pacific holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Testing, Inspection, and Certification Market?
Intertek Group PLC, SGS SA, Bureau Veritas SA, Underwriters Laboratories (UL), DNV GL are the major companies operating in Testing, Inspection, and Certification Market.