Distribution Feeder Automation System Market Size
|2020 - 2029
|Base Year For Estimation
|> 2.00 %
|Fastest Growing Market
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Distribution Feeder Automation System Market Analysis
The distribution feeder automation system market is expected to rise at a CAGR of more than 2% during the forecast period of 2022-2027. The COVID-19 pandemic had adversely affected the market in 2020 with delays of various projects associated with smart grids. However, the resurgent demand for electricity is expected to nullify the effects of the pandemic. Factors such as a strong focus on electricity distribution fault reduction, demand for reliable and uninterrupted power supply, and an increase in energy demand drive the distribution feeder automation system market. However, complex architecture and irregularities in the outage reporting, especially in dense regions, are expected to be a cause of concern and may restrain the market.
- The hardware sector is expected to be a significant segment in the forecast period. The segment is used to pinpoint faults in the transmission and distribution network adequately so that the power is restored effectively in lesser time. Increasing advancements and reliability are expected to aid the growth of the market.
- Growing improvements in the use of software and internet-of-things are expected to increase the reliability of the distribution feeder automation system. This may act as an opportunity for the market players.
- The Asia-Pacific region is expected to be the largest market in the forecast period due to its large public utility sector and increasing demand for energy. China and India are expected to be the largest users of the distribution feeder automation system in the region.
Distribution Feeder Automation System Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Distribution Feeder Automation System Market according to our research experts:
Hardware to be a Significant Segment
- The goal of distribution automation in the utility grid is the real-time adjustment to changing loads, distributed generation, and failure conditions within the distribution grid, usually without operator intervention. Hardware used in the functioning forms an essential part of the architecture used to achieve the set objectives.
- Distribution feeder automation is an integral part of system-level automation in contemporary power distribution networks, which improves reliability using smart grid technology. The feeder establishes a connection between the substation and end-users without any tapping. Most of the faults occur on feeder lines as these are exposed to harmful environmental conditions. Thus, utility companies are increasingly opting for feeder automation hardware, which comprises an assembly of numerous smart relays and switching equipment that can viably sustain harmful conditions.
- Increasing demand for reliable and uninterrupted supply by the consumers has led to a rise in the use of advanced technologies like distribution feeder automation systems. Hardware accessories have helped different consumers in the commercial and industrial sectors to reduce their losses due to power loss by indicating and resolving an issue in a smaller time frame.
- Primary energy consumption in the world decreased by 4.5% to 556.63 Exajoules in 2020 from 576.23 exajoules in 2019. This decrease was primarily due to the pandemic and is expected to be compensated in 2021 and 2022. The energy consumption is expected to increase further in the forecast period and may drive the utility sector in the distribution feeder automation system market.
- Hence, the hardware segment is expected to be a significant segment in the market during the forecast period due to the increase in energy consumption and advancements being made in the equipment.
The Asia-Pacific Region is Expected to Dominate the Market
- The Asia-Pacific region is the most populous region with densely packed cities. Such areas require a broad set of hardware and reliable software as the network used can often be misleading or have a high level of inaccuracy due to a large number of connections that may be formed between the hardware system. To increase accuracy, many companies are generating different models and devices to pinpoint the fault in the transmission and distribution network.
- The Asia-Pacific utility companies usually have a vast customer network spread over a large area, which requires the need to manage the power failures due to faults as they happen. Access to the information reduces the time taken to put the grid back online and also provides a mechanism that Improves consumer handling and satisfaction, thereby maximizing customer retention and increasing the profit for the electricity distributor, contributing to the growth of the market.
- Primary energy consumption in the Asia-Pacific region decreased by 1.6% to 253.25 Exajoules, in 2020 from 256.54 Exajoules, in 2019. This decrease is primarily due to the pandemic and is expected to increase in the upcoming years on account of growing demand in the residential and industrial sectors. Hence, such a scenario is likely to increase demand for the distribution feeder automation system market.
- Further, Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the distribution feeder automation system market due to the increase in the investments in the market related to the smart grid and rising primary energy consumption in the region.
Distribution Feeder Automation System Industry Overview
The distribution feeder automation system market is fragmented. Some of the key players in this market include ABB Ltd, General Electric Company, Schneider Electric SA, Siemens AG, and Eaton Corporation Inc., among others.
Distribution Feeder Automation System Market Leaders
General Electric Company
Schneider Electric SA
Eaton Corporation Inc
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Distribution Feeder Automation System Market News
- In May 2021, Elexicon Energy partnered with Marshall Homes and Opus's One Solutions to create a living smart grid pilot community called Altona Towns in Canada. The project is funded by Ontario's Ministry of Energy under the Smart Grid and Grid Innovation funds. The project will test, develop and launch the next generation of technologies that would turn electricity distribution systems into modern, digitally-enabled grids.
- In October 2021, Sharika Enterprises Ltd received a contract to design, supply, install, commission, and maintain Feeder Automation System as part of the Distribution Management System (DMS) to improve the reliability of the power distribution in Jammu and Kashmir, India.
Distribution Feeder Automation System Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Scope of the Study
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Study Assumptions
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET OVERVIEW
4.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast in USD billion, till 2027
4.3 Recent Trends and Developments
4.4 Government Policies and Regulations
4.5 Market Dynamics
4.6 Supply Chain Analysis
4.7 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.7.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.7.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.7.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.7.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.7.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.2.1 North America
5.2.2 South America
5.2.5 Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 ABB Ltd
6.3.2 General Electric Company
6.3.3 Eaton Corporation Inc.
6.3.4 Schneider Electric SA
6.3.5 Siemens AG
6.3.6 G&W Electric Company
6.3.7 Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories Inc.
6.3.8 Moxa Inc.
6.3.9 Trilliant Holdings Inc.
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Distribution Feeder Automation System Market Research FAQs
What is the current Distribution Feeder Automation System Market size?
The Distribution Feeder Automation System Market is projected to register a CAGR of greater than 2% during the forecast period (2024-2029)
Who are the key players in Distribution Feeder Automation System Market?
ABB Ltd., General Electric Company, Schneider Electric SA, Siemens AG and Eaton Corporation Inc are the major companies operating in the Distribution Feeder Automation System Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Distribution Feeder Automation System Market?
Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2024-2029).
Which region has the biggest share in Distribution Feeder Automation System Market?
In 2024, the Asia Pacific accounts for the largest market share in Distribution Feeder Automation System Market.
What years does this Distribution Feeder Automation System Market cover?
The report covers the Distribution Feeder Automation System Market historical market size for years: 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023. The report also forecasts the Distribution Feeder Automation System Market size for years: 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2029.
Distribution Feeder Automation System Industry Report
Statistics for the 2024 Distribution Feeder Automation System market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Distribution Feeder Automation System analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2029 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.