Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Market Size (2023)||USD 98.45 Billion|
|Market Size (2028)||USD 205.79 Billion|
|CAGR (2023 - 2028)||15.89 %|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Market Analysis
The Bring-your-own-Device (BYOD) Market size is expected to grow from USD 98.45 billion in 2023 to USD 205.79 billion by 2028, at a CAGR of 15.89% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- One of the primary drivers of the BYOD market is cost savings for organizations. BYOD eliminates the need for companies to purchase and maintain devices for employees, reducing hardware costs and associated expenses. Instead, employees bear the cost of their own devices.
- The BYOD industry in developing economies is driven by high-speed services like 4G and 5G provided by telecom firms. BYOD culture has expanded due to the rise in smartphone demand. According to Ericsson, 5G subscriptions are forecast to increase globally from 2019 to 2027, from over 12 million to over 4 billion respectively.
- The increasing adoption and penetration of smart devices have significantly driven the BYOD market. BYOD refers to a policy that allows employees to use their personal devices, such as smartphones, tablets, and laptops, for work-related tasks and accessing corporate networks. Smart devices continue to evolve with improved features, processing power, storage capacity, and connectivity options.
- BYOD policies enable employees to have flexibility in how and where they work. Employees can complete work tasks outside of traditional office hours or from remote locations with their personal devices. This flexibility can contribute to better work-life balance and employee satisfaction.
- Security concerns and government compliance requirements can restrain the BYOD market. BYOD introduces potential security risks as employees access corporate data and networks from their personal devices. Organizations need to implement robust security measures to protect sensitive information, such as client data, intellectual property, and confidential business data. Failure to adequately secure data can lead to data breaches, loss of reputation, and legal consequences.
- The pandemic necessitated a sudden shift to remote work for many organizations worldwide. With employees working from home, the demand for BYOD policies surged. Employees needed to access corporate resources and collaborate remotely, and using personal devices became a practical solution. This accelerated the adoption of BYOD to enable remote work and maintain business continuity. According to a Bitglass study, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, almost 85% of organizations already permit BYOD environments for partners and workers.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Market Trends
Increasing Smart Devices Penetration is Expected to Drive the Market Growth
- The increasing smart device penetration is expected to drive the BYOD market. The growth of connected devices expands the range of devices employees can bring into the workplace. In addition to smartphones and tablets, employees may bring the Internet of Things (IoT)-enabled devices such as smartwatches, fitness trackers, and other wearable devices. This device diversity creates new opportunities for employees to use their devices for work-related tasks, further driving the BYOD market. This preference for personal devices drives the demand for BYOD policies.
- According to Cisco Systems, In 2022, North America had the most 5G connections adopted through wearable devices. In North America, the 439 million connections represented an increase of 222 million compared to the number of individuals connected to 4G networks in 2017. In North America and Asia Pacific, wearables accounted for around 70% of global wearable 5G connectivity in 2022.
- BYOD can be cost-effective for organizations as it reduces the need to purchase and maintain company-issued employee devices. Instead, employees use their own devices, reducing hardware and maintenance costs for the organization. This cost-saving aspect encourages organizations to adopt BYOD policies.
- Furthermore, the growing mobile subscriber base in emerging countries, such as China, India, and Brazil, has been propelling the adoption of BYOD policies, enhancing work efficiency and flexibility in operations. According to a Cisco report, enterprises with a BYOD policy save, on average, USD 350 per year per employee. Moreover, reactive programs can boost these savings to USD 1,300 per year per employee.
- Employees often find using their personal devices for work-related tasks more convenient. They can seamlessly transition between personal and work activities, increasing productivity. Employees also have the flexibility to work from anywhere using their preferred devices, enhancing work-life balance.
- Allowing employees to use their devices for work can increase job satisfaction. Employees appreciate the flexibility and autonomy that BYOD policies offer, which can lead to improved employee morale and retention.
- The constant advancements in smart devices, such as improved processing power, increased storage capacity, and enhanced connectivity, make them more capable of handling work-related tasks. As smart devices become more powerful and feature-rich, employees can accomplish many work functions, further driving the BYOD market.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America is Expected to Hold Significant Market Share
- The North America BYOD market has experienced significant growth over the years. With a large population of tech-savvy individuals and a strong corporate presence, the region has quickly embraced BYOD policies.
- North America has a robust technological infrastructure, including high-speed Internet connectivity and widespread cellular coverage. These factors contribute to the seamless integration of personal devices into work environments, enabling employees to access corporate networks and applications from their own devices.
- Many organizations in North America have implemented BYOD policies to leverage the benefits of employee-owned devices. This trend is particularly prevalent in the IT, finance, healthcare, and professional services sectors. Enterprises are increasingly recognizing the potential benefits of BYOD, including enhanced productivity, reduced costs, and improved employee satisfaction.
- With the shift to virtualized and cloud-based environments, BYOD devices have enabled institutions to mobile monitor and track online logins, activities, and interactions, which helps maintain compliance and ensure that employees adhere to corporate policies. These services have also enabled institutions to streamline workforce interactions and improve performance through BYOD deployment. Additionally, BYOD devices have provided the opportunity for multiple authentications.
- The region's highly mobile workforce contributes to the growth of the BYOD market in North America. With remote work and flexible work arrangements becoming more prevalent, employees require the flexibility to use their own devices for work-related tasks. BYOD enables employees to stay connected and productive while on the move.
- Government organizations in the United States, including the defense sector, have witnessed growing adoption of the BYOD approach among their employees. In 2022, the Army expanded its BYOD policy after observing significant operational advantages during a pilot program. Led by the National Guard, the pilot program included thorough security testing. The technology implemented by the Army met functional requirements. It underwent extensive cybersecurity red teaming and testing by the Director of Operational Test and Evaluation and the Army's threat systems management office.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Industry Overview
The BYOD market is highly fragmented, with the presence of major players like VMware Inc., Citrix Systems Inc., IBM Corporation, MobileIron Inc.(Ivanti.), and SAP SE. Players in the market are adopting strategies such as partnerships and acquisitions to enhance their product offerings and gain sustainable competitive advantage.
In May 2022, Citrix announced that it is collaborating with Microsoft on an upcoming offering that combines Citrix's high-definition user experience (HDX) technology, robust IT policy control, and ecosystem flexibility with Windows 365, the world's first Cloud PC, providing IT administrators with streamlined Citrix user licensing and employees with a seamless transition to Citrix clients through Microsoft Endpoint Manager and windows365.microsoft.com.
In May 2022, Accenture and SAP launched a new collaborative service to assist major organizations in migrating to the cloud and delivering continuous innovation. The new collaborative offering combines the RISE with SAP solution and security orchestration, automation, and response (SOAR) with Accenture services and has been further enhanced with additional features. These features include Accenture's extensive suite of transformation services, including customized cloud solutions and proprietary intelligent tools. These services are delivered through an integrated-as-a-service model, providing a comprehensive and tailored approach to meet clients' unique needs.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Market Leaders
Citrix Systems Inc.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Market News
- April 2023: VMware announced the launch of VMware Cross-Cloud managed services, a collection of prescriptive solutions with increased partner and customer benefits that would allow highly competent partners to extend their managed services practices. Customers can deploy current VMware subscriptions to VMware Cross-Cloud managed services provider (MSP) settings via a new bring-your-own-subscription option, allowing them to maximize their subscriptions using the support and experience of authorized VMware partners.
- July 2022: Microsoft announced a five-year agreement with Telstra, one of Australia's leading carriers, to support Australia's digital transformation. As part of its multi-cloud strategy, Microsoft Azure serves as one of Telstra's preferred cloud partners, helping the company meet its goal of running around 90% of its services on public cloud infrastructure by 2025.
- May 2022: Ducati announced a partnership in which it had chosen the RISE with SAP solution to enable a significant business transition involving crucial business operations. This collaboration aims to create an intelligent business network that enhances the quality and timeliness of the information while extending the digitization of processes.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.2.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Assessment of the Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Increasing Smart Devices Penetration
5.1.2 Enhanced Employee Productivity and Satisfaction
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Security Concerns and Government Compliance
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Deployment
6.2 By End-User Vertical
6.2.4 Energy and Utility
6.2.6 Other End-User Verticals
6.3 By Geography
6.3.1 North America
6.3.4 Latin America
6.3.5 Middle East and Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 VMware Inc.
7.1.2 Citrix Systems Inc.
7.1.3 IBM Corporation
7.1.4 MobileIron Inc.(Ivanti.)
7.1.5 SAP SE
7.1.6 BlueBOX IT (Lookout)
7.1.7 Cisco Systems Inc.
7.1.8 Divide (Google LLC)
7.1.9 Hewlett-Packard Company
7.1.10 Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise SA ( Nokia)
7.1.11 Oracle Corporation
7.1.12 BlackBerry Limited
7.1.13 Tata Consultancy Services Limited
7.1.14 Verizon Communicatiomns
- *List Not Exhaustive
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Market Research FAQs
How big is the BYOD Market?
The BYOD Market size is expected to reach USD 98.45 billion in 2023 and grow at a CAGR of 15.89% to reach USD 205.79 billion by 2028.
What is the current BYOD Market size?
In 2023, the BYOD Market size is expected to reach USD 98.45 billion.
Who are the key players in BYOD Market?
VMware Inc., Citrix Systems Inc., IBM Corporation, MobileIron Inc.(Ivanti.) and SAP SE are the major companies operating in the BYOD Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in BYOD Market?
Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2023-2028).
Which region has the biggest share in BYOD Market?
In 2023, the North America accounts for the largest market share in BYOD Market.
BYOD Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 BYOD market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. BYOD analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.