Data Preparation Market Size
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Data Preparation Market Analysis
The data preparation market is expected to register a CAGR of 22.5% over the next five years. Due to digital disruption, companies are demanding faster debugging time to generate meaningful insights than ever to sustain in the market. As a result, the analytics requirement, particularly data analytics, is becoming pervasive among organizations. Data analytics professionals and companies need help driving insights owing to the rising complexities in procuring data. This significantly drives the demand for data preparation among organizations.
- The rapid adoption of automation and cloud technologies across enterprises and businesses resulted in tremendous data generation and cloud data traffic. According to Cisco Systems, the global IP data traffic is anticipated to reach 333 exabytes per month by the last year. There is a significant shift in data traffic from P2P (peer-to-peer) file sharing to video content delivery, especially in large content service providers (CSPs).
- This significant increase in the volume of data has resulted in the swift proliferation of data and data analytics. Therefore, businesses are demanding faster time to insight than ever to remain competitive, particularly as more industries face digital disruption. As a result, analytics is becoming more pervasive across enterprises, and wisdom is derived from more significant numbers of diverse data sources. Thus, in turn, driving the data preparation market.
- Moreover, various end-user companies are constantly evolving and becoming more data-centric to stay ahead of the competition. Companies today gather unprecedented amounts of data that they want to use to make informed decisions, spot business trends, and increase efficiency. To help employees turn data into action, organizations are rapidly shifting towards data preparation tools, thus, driving the market's growth.
- Further, leading market players are integrating advanced technologies, such as artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML), with data preparation to read, interpret, and flatten complex data structures. Such factors further boost the demand for data preparation solutions.
- The spread of COVID-19 has also accelerated the adoption of data preparation tools. For instance, IBM Cognos Analytics is an AI-fueled business intelligence platform that supports the entire analytics cycle, from discovery to operationalization. It cleanses and combines data sources in minutes with AI-assisted data preparation.
Data Preparation Industry Segmentation
Data preparation is an exhaustive process of gathering, combining, structuring, and organizing data to be analyzed with the help of data visualization, analytics, and machine learning applications. Advanced analytics utilize different data types from other sources and apply precise algorithmic processing. Moreover, with the rising demand for ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) integration, the time and cost spent preparing the data for analysis fuel the direction of the data preparation market during the forecast period.
The Data Preparation Market is segmented by Deployment (On-premise, Cloud), Enterprise Size (Small and Medium Enterprise, Large Enterprise), End-user Vertical (BFSI, Healthcare, Retail, Manufacturing, IT and Telecommunication), and Geography (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa).
The market sizes and forecasts are provided regarding value (USD Billion) for all the above segments.
|By Enterprise Size|
|Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs)|
|By End-user Vertical|
|IT and Telecommunication|
|Other End-user Verticals|
|Middle East & Africa|
Data Preparation Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Data Preparation Market according to our research experts:
IT and Telecom Segment is Expected to Hold a Significant Market Share
- Telecom and IT companies worldwide are creating a data gold mine as they generate plenty of data. The lack of practical analysis of unstructured and structured data to get more profound insights into customer behavior, as well as the growing need to analyze their preferences and service usage patterns in real-time, motivates these companies to adopt data analytics, which is indirectly impacting the market’s growth.
- Further, in the highly evolving and competitive industry, the telecommunication industry plays a significant role in handling massive data sets of customers, network, and call data. Further, to thrive in such a competitive environment, the telecom industry players are significantly adopting data preparation solutions to create helpful business insights to stay ahead of the competitors.
- Data solutions help the IT and telecom industry to empower exploratory analytics, increase analyst productivity, and improve organizational data usage. While telecommunications providers are used to dealing with large volumes of customer data, the considerable complexity of modern-day data is a new challenge.
- In addition, the exponential growth in data traffic also drives the demand for data preparation in the IT and telecom industry. For instance, according to the data from Cisco Systems, by 2022, mobile data traffic worldwide is expected to reach 77.5 exabytes per month.
- For instance, market vendors such as IBM Corporation have helped many leading telecom industry data analytics providers re-engineer their market measurement products. The effort included restructuring data integration processes, developing new custom user interfaces, and making workflow automation. Further, integrating the ML solution with data preparation tools is significantly gaining the market.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America is Expected to Hold the Largest Market Share
- North America is expected to have a significant share in the market studied during the forecast period, mainly due to high investments in cloud-based, data analytics, and data-oriented solutions, early adoption of new and emerging technologies, and a large number of significant data preparation market vendors in the region.
- Moreover, the increase in the volume and complexity of data in the past few years has only made data preparation essential for various technologically advanced end-user industries across the region, which are constantly evolving and becoming more data-centric to keep themselves ahead of the fierce competition.
- Many regional programs and researchers use data science for better insights. Data preparation solutions can penetrate this opportunity and help them have easy access to extensive data and enhance visualization. For instance, according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics data, demand for experienced and informed data scientists will increase by 27.9% by 2026.
- In addition, with the growing popularity of cloud services, enterprises in the region are increasingly looking for data preparation solutions that can be deployed in the cloud. The increasing use of advanced technologies such as AI and ML in data preparation solutions, coupled with the ever-increasing demand from enterprises for data preparation tool solutions that are flexible in terms of deployment, will shape the future of the growth of the data preparation market in the region over the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Data Preparation Industry Overview
The data preparation market is highly competitive and consists of several significant players across the market space. However, with the growing innovation across the cloud segment and the advancement across the data preparation technique, most companies are increasing their market presence, thereby tapping into new markets of emerging economies. Moreover, the market vendors are indulging in partnership, merger, and acquisition activities to enhance their market presence.
- November 2022 - Qlik launched its Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service Qlik Cloud Data Integration to fuel enterprise data strategies through a real-time data integration fabric that connects all enterprise applications and data sources to the cloud. The new data integration platform joins data preparation and cataloging capabilities in one place, enabling enterprises to ready their data in real-time for analysis.
- June 2022 - Alteryx, Inc., the Analytics Automation company, announced the acquisition of Trifacta. This award-winning cloud company leverages scalable data management and machine learning to make data analytics faster and more intuitive. By acquiring Trifacta, the company intends to use its advanced cloud platform to help customers build a more robust data pipeline with more significant profiling and preparation capabilities.
Data Preparation Market Leaders
SAS Institute Inc.
Tableau Software, LLC (Salesforce.com Inc.)
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Data Preparation Market News
- December 2022 - Alteryx, Inc., the Analytics Automation company, announced a strategic investment in MANTA, the data lineage company. MANTA enables businesses to achieve complete visibility into the most complex data environments. With this investment from Alteryx Ventures, the company can bolster product innovation, expand its partner ecosystem, and grow in key markets.
- November 2022 - Amazon Web Services (AWS) announced a series of new features for Amazon QuickSight, the cloud computing giant's analytics platform. The update includes new query, forecasting, and data preparation features, adding functionality to QuickSight Q, a natural language query (NLQ) tool.
Data Preparation Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHT
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.2.5 Threat of Substitutes
4.3 Assessment of COVID-19 Impact on the Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Demand for Self-service Data Preparation Tools
5.1.2 Increasing Demand for Data Analytics
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 Difficulties in Implementing Cyber Insurance and High Costs
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Deployment
6.2 By Enterprise Size
6.2.1 Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs)
6.2.2 Large Enterprises
6.3 By End-user Vertical
6.3.5 IT and Telecommunication
6.3.6 Other End-user Verticals
6.4.1 North America
6.4.4 Latin America
6.4.5 Middle East & Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Informatica LLC
7.1.2 IBM Corporation
7.1.3 SAS Institute Inc.
7.1.4 Microstrategy Inc.
7.1.5 Tableau Software, LLC (Salesforce.com Inc.)
7.1.6 SAP SE
7.1.7 Alteryx Inc.
7.1.8 Rapid Insight Inc.
7.1.9 Unifi Software Inc.
7.1.10 Qlik Technologies Inc. QlikTech International AB
7.1.11 Paxata Inc.
7.1.12 ClearStory Data Inc.
7.1.13 Oracle Corporation
- *List Not Exhaustive
8. INVESTMENT ANLYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
Data Preparation Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Data Preparation Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Data Preparation Market?
The Data Preparation Market is growing at a CAGR of 22.5% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Data Preparation Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2018-2028.
Which region has largest share in Data Preparation Market?
North America holds highest share in 2022.
Who are the key players in Data Preparation Market?
Informatica LLC, IBM Corporation, SAS Institute Inc., Microstrategy Inc., Tableau Software, LLC (Salesforce.com Inc.) are the major companies operating in Data Preparation Market.
Data Preparation Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Data Preparation market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Data Preparation analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.