|Study Period:||2018 - 2026|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The global data center rack market was valued at USD 1.58 billion in 2020, and it is expected to reach USD 2.11 billion by 2026 at a CAGR of 5.56% during 2021 - 2026. Whether private or public, the data centers are critical to the enterprises that are hosting mission-critical applications. These data centers primarily help organizations streamline information while enabling easy access to users and customers from anywhere across the world. Data centers have witnessed growth majorly owing to the increasing dependence and spending on cloud technologies.
- Data centers have become a key component in IT infrastructure for many organizations. With large amounts of data being generated daily, companies rely on data centers for efficient handling of data and storage. Therefore, the growing deployment of data centers around the world is the major driving factor influencing the consumption of data center racks. The increasing demand for technology services and increasing investments from major companies are also changing the market's growth.
- These data center racks are deployed, primarily for infrastructure management in the data centers. These racks are used to host servers, switches, cables, and other equipment in the data center. With changing technologies and adoption of high-density servers, rack infrastructure has become a crucial aspect in the data centers, with the need to effectively host servers, manage cables, and facilitate airflow for ensuring optimum performance of data centers.
- Initially, the focus on rack infrastructure in data centers was minimum, with size and cost being the only considerations during deployment. However, the adoption of high-density applications, and the importance of power, cooling, and data center efficiency growing, the need for efficient rack enclosures are growing.
- Additionally, the importance of cooling and power in the data center is also an influential factor in the growth of the market. It is estimated that 39% of the power consumed by the data center is spent on cooling. Thus, companies are demanding efficient cooling systems to reduce the consumption of energy and improve overall efficiency.
- The growing cloud demand and data traffic moving from and within the data centers is expected to bolster the global demand during the forecast period. As per Cisco, the cloud data center IP traffic is expected to reach 19,509 exabytes annually by 2021 compared to 1,046 exabytes per year of traditional data center traffic.
- The recent outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic has posed additional stress on many economies across various sectors. It has also shifted focus towards a digital economy. Alibaba Cloud, China's top cloud computing provider, is investing billions in building next-generation data centers to support digital transformation needs in a post-pandemic world. In April 2020, Alibaba Cloud announced that over the next three years, it would invest CNY 200 billion in core technologies and the construction of future-oriented data centers.
Scope of the Report
A data center rack is a type of physical steel and electronic framework designed to house servers, networking devices, cables, and other data center computing equipment. Data center racks are deployed, primarily for infrastructure management in data centers. These are being used in the manufacturing, retail, BFSI, IT, and telecom industry.
|By Rack Units|
|By End-user Industry|
|IT and Telecom|
|Other End-user Industries|
|Middle East and Africa|
Key Market Trends
BFSI Sector Expected to Hold a Significant Share
- Cloud and data centers have become the backbone of the BFSI sector, especially during the digitization movement. The increasing competition and the demand for online services in the banking and financial sectors drive the market for data centers, and by extension, data center racks.
- Data centers have become very crucial for financial services. The racks used in the banking sector are required to have additional protection against theft, damage, and other risks. Racks enable the banking service providers to have a platform that hosts the systems and protects them from unforeseen physical risks. These racks are modular, owing to which the banking service providers can upgrade when required.
- To cater to this increasing demand from this sector, the rack providers are developing separate products for this segment. The most recent was by NetRack, which launched Data Center racks in 2019 to cater to banking and insurance sectors.
- The strong presence of BFSI in the developed regions, like North America and Europe, has led to increased penetration of digital services. This is primarily owing to the higher degree of awareness related to digitization in these regions. Along with this, Asia-Pacific is also growing at a substantial rate, due to huge consumer base for these services, and countries like China and India, which are witnessing a strong shift toward the cloud services in the banking sector.
- The growing scope of online payment further increases the need for data centers in the BFSI sector. Banks and financial institutions securely store customer information in both on-premise and cloud data centers, as well as on the trading floors and in branch operations.
- Owing to the global coronavirus disruption, the adoption of digital banking solutions is expected to further adopt technologies like containerization, cloud computing, microservices, APIs, and blockchain. Hence, the financial and banking industry is expected to provide several opportunities for data centers' growth.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America to Hold Maximum Market Share
- The rapid growth of mobile broadband with an increase in big data analytics coupled with cloud computing are some of the factors driving the demand for new data center infrastructures in the North American region. The region also comprises a considerable amount of data centers. Multiple enterprises are switching from hardware to software-based services and are anticipated to be an addressable market for data center installations. Moreover, according to the cloud scene, there are more than 2500 data centers in the United States and more than 250 data centers in Canada.
- The United States has the highest number of data centers globally and is witnessing robust growth in terms of volume of big data and traffic due to the increase in the number of hyperscale data centers. According to Cisco, the volume of big data in the data center storage globally is expected to reach 403 exabytes by the end of 2021, of which a huge share will be attributed to the United States.
- Moreover, the region has a strong foothold of data center racks providers, driving the region's market. Some of them include Kendall Howard LLC, Belkin International Inc., Martin International, HPE, Dell EMC, Black Box Corporation, and Chatsworth Products.
- The leading vendors offer an integrated power, cooling, and IT infrastructure to attract a higher number of consumers and gain a larger market share. The region is likely to witness higher investment in mega facilities projects, contributed heavily by colocation, internet, and cloud service providers, thereby boosting the demand for racks and rack options.
- Moreover, the US government has started the Data Center Optimization Initiative (DCOI) to deliver better services to the public while increasing the taxpayers' return-on-investment by consolidating many data centers in the country. The consolidation process includes the process for building hyperscale data centers and to shut-off the underperforming ones. To date, the government has closed over 3,215 square feet of campus in Northern Virginia.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The data center rack market is fragmented. With changing technologies and the adoption of high-density servers, rack infrastructure has become an important aspect of data centers, with the need to effectively host servers, manage cables, and facilitate airflow to ensure optimum performance of data centers. Overall, the competitive rivalry among the existing competitors is high. The new innovative strategies of large companies are driving the data center racks market. Some of the recent developments in the market are:
- In July 2020 - Hewlett Packard Enterprise announced that it was chosen to power the Edinburgh International Data Facility (EIDF), which is Europe’s first regional data innovation center at the University of Edinburgh EPCC in Scotland. The company will deliver an end-to-end infrastructure featuring its industry-leading high- performance computing (HPC) and artificial intelligence (AI) solutions powered by the HPE Apollo Systems and HPE Superdome Flex Servers, as well as the HPE Ezmeral Container Platform software capabilities.
In July 2020 - Hewlett Packard Enterprise announced that it was chosen to power the Edinburgh International Data Facility (EIDF), which is Europe’s first regional data innovation center at the University of Edinburgh EPCC in Scotland. The company will deliver an end-to-end infrastructure featuring its industry-leading high- performance computing (HPC) and artificial intelligence (AI) solutions powered by the HPE Apollo Systems and HPE Superdome Flex Servers, as well as the HPE Ezmeral Container Platform software capabilities.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHT
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3.5 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the Data Center Racks Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Increasing Deployment of Data Center Facilities
5.1.2 Growing Cloud Computing Adoption Leading to Investment in Hyperscale Data Centers
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Increasing Utilization of Blade Servers
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Rack Units
6.2 By End-user Industry
6.2.2 IT and Telecom
6.2.5 Other End-user Industries
6.3.1 North America
6.3.3 Asia Pacific
6.3.4 Latin America
6.3.5 Middle East and Africa
7. COMPETITIVE INTELLIGENCE
7.1 Company Profiles*
7.1.1 Kendall Howard LLC
7.1.2 Belkin International, Inc.
7.1.3 Martin International Enclosures
7.1.4 Black Box Corporation
7.1.5 Rittal GmbH & Co. KG
7.1.6 Vertiv Group Corporation
7.1.7 Hewlett Packard Enterprise
7.1.8 Dell EMC
7.1.9 Schneider Electric SE
7.1.10 Fujitsu Corporation
7.1.11 Oracle Corporation
7.1.12 Legrand SA
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Data Center Rack Market market is studied from 2018 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Data Center Rack Market?
The Data Center Rack Market is growing at a CAGR of 5.56% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Data Center Rack Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Data Center Rack Market?
North America holds highest share in 2020.
Who are the key players in Data Center Rack Market?
Oracle Corporation, Legrand SA, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Black Box Corporation, Vertiv Group Corporation are the major companies operating in Data Center Rack Market.