Context Aware Computing Market Size
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Context Aware Computing Market Analysis
The context-aware computing market is expected to register a CAGR of 29.9% over the forecast period.
- Context-aware computing (CAC) has increased due to the growing use of Internet commerce platforms worldwide. CAC has emerged as a promising technology that can improve the system-wide capabilities of software and hardware to combat cyber-attacks. CAC and artificial intelligence (AI) has limitless potential for providing sophisticated security to company networks. For example, context-aware artificial intelligence (CAAI) can reduce the possibility of false positives and false negatives, delivering accurate results to network analysts.
- Furthermore, CAAI can assist analysts in condensing the vast volumes of data generated by the corporate sector into actionable intelligence. This CAAI capability is critical for network experts navigating big data systems adopted by businesses worldwide. Moreover, context-aware AI computing is equipped with predictive capabilities that can be extremely useful in anticipating data breaches and preventing adverse events well in advance.
- The increasing penetration of mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets, and PCs and the introduction of smart wearable devices are expected to drive demand in the CAC market. This is because contextual awareness is a property of mobile devices defined as complementing location awareness. AI integration into mobile apps is also propelling the market. AI, for example, is quickly becoming one of the most important aspects of both business and science, and more leading technology companies are showing interest in AI investment.
- Google's USD 400 million acquisition of DeepMind is a prime example of players' growing interest in acquiring AI technology. Furthermore, the automotive industry is expected to provide significant market stimulus due to the development of connected cars, self-driving, and autonomous vehicles. However, computational complexities are impeding market expansion.
- Furthermore, the future of mobile computing will provide additional opportunities for the CAC market to grow in the coming years. However, the specific contexts and information access and delivery may pose different challenges to the growth of the context-aware computing market in the near future.
- The COVID-19 pandemic outbreak aided the growth of the context-aware computing market, as work-from-home models increased demand for secure access to corporate data and networks. Furthermore, as 5G ensures strong and fast Internet connectivity, 5G rollouts in leading economies are expected to drive demand for advanced computing technologies.
Context Aware Computing Industry Segmentation
Context-aware computing, or pervasive computing, is a mobile computing mechanism that allows software applications to discover and use contextual data such as user location, time of day, nearby users, devices, and user activity. Moreover, contextual awareness is a system's or system component's ability to gather information about its environment at any given time and adapt its behavior accordingly. Context-aware computing employs software and hardware to collect and analyze data to guide responses. Various vendors cater to the needs of end-user industries based on their specifications.
The context aware computing market is segmented by vendor (device manufacturers, mobile network operators, and online, web, and social networking vendors), end-user industry (BFSI, healthcare, media, automotive, telecommunications, logistics and transportation, consumer electronics, and other end-user industries), type (hardware, software, and services), and geography (North America, Europe, Asia-pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America).
The market sizes and forecasts are provided in terms of value (USD million) for all the above segments.
|Vendor (Qualitative Analysis)|
|Mobile Network Operators|
|Online, Web, and Social Networking Vendors|
|Media and Entertainment|
|Logistics and Transportation|
|Other End-user Industries|
|Middle-East and Africa|
Context Aware Computing Market Trends
Consumer Electronics Segment is Expected to Witness Significant Growth
- Smartphones and tablets have evolved far beyond the ability to send text messages or make phone calls, and they now serve as personal navigators, storage devices, arcades, and social hubs.
- Due to the reason that smartphones are equipped with a variety of sophisticated sensors, such as accelerometers, a global positioning system (GPS), microphones, magnetometers, and cameras, among others, adding context-aware applications to detectors equipped in such devices improves user experience.
- Furthermore, the evolution of smartphones and increasing computational power have enabled developers to create innovative context-aware applications that recognize user-related social and cognitive actions in any situation and location.
- The way smartphones respond to ambient light by adjusting screen brightness for optimal readability is a prominent example of context-aware technologies. Since this feature is available in every smartphone on the market, the rise in smartphone sales is expected to drive demand for context-aware technology in consumer electronics.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America is Expected to Dominate the Market
- Because of its dominance in artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) technologies, North America is one of the most important markets for context-aware computing. Most of the major market vendors are based in the United States, giving the region an advantage in innovation. Furthermore, regional governments are increasingly encouraging the adoption of AI, ML, and context-aware technologies, creating opportunities for market vendors to expand their presence in the region.
- The region is home to some of the most advanced users and integrators of context-aware computing technology. These companies include technology leaders like Google, e-commerce behemoth Amazon, financial institutions like Visa, and telecom behemoths like Verizon and AT&T, which have constantly incorporated this technology to improve customer service and product offerings.
- Amazon, Apple, and Google smart devices, such as watches and speakers, have made inroads into the North American market. The increased integration of smart wearables into IoT devices, fueled by the region's adoption of smart homes, is expected to boost the market.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Context Aware Computing Industry Overview
The context aware computing market is highly fragmented. Due to players creating context-aware application programming interface (API) for the development of innovative commercial applications, the market is becoming very competitive. Moreover, many players are entering the market with innovation and development. Some of the key players in the industry are Google LLC, IBM Corporation, Microsoft Corporation, Cisco Systems Inc., and Oracle Corporation.
In April 2022, IBM introduced the IBM z16, the company's next-generation system with an integrated on-chip artificial intelligence (AI) accelerator that enables latency-optimized inference. This innovation is intended to allow clients to analyze real-time transactions at scale, such as credit card, healthcare, and financial transactions. Building on IBM's security leadership, the IBM z16 is also explicitly designed to help protect against near-future threats that could be used to crack today's encryption technologies.
Furthermore, in March 2022, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) launched new services and capabilities to give customers greater flexibility. OCI expanded with 11 new computing, networking, and storage services and capabilities, allowing customers to run workloads faster and more securely at a lower cost. New offerings provide customers with flexible core infrastructure services, automatically optimizing resources to match application requirements and significantly lowering costs. Global organizations such as Vodafone, Samsung Securities, GoTo, and Cox Automotive rely on OCI to run various workloads, from microservices to AI.
Context Aware Computing Market Leaders
Cisco Systems Inc.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Context Aware Computing Market News
- December 2022: T-Mobile announced a collaboration with Cisco to launch the world's largest highly scalable and distributed nationwide cloud native converged core gateway, taking the Un-carrier’s 5G standalone core to the next level. The Un-carrier has moved all of its 5G and 4G traffic to the new cloud-native core gateway, immediately improving customer performance by more than 10% in speed and latency. Furthermore, the new converged core gateway simplifies operations for T-Mobile, allowing the Un-carrier to shift resources with greater agility and roll out services such as 5G Home Internet. It will also shorten the time to market for new 5G and IoT services such as network slicing and Voice over 5G (VoNR) by allowing T-Mobile to test and quickly deploy new capabilities at scale.
- November 2022: Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) and Amazon Web Services (AWS) collaborated to launch a quantum computing lab on the Amazon platform. Accordingly, TCS invested in quantum computing research for over four years, which has resulted in two patent filings and progress toward advancing artificial intelligence (AI), optimization, cryptography, and digital security. The company assists customers in exploring and co-creating new use cases for quantum computing to address business challenges beyond traditional technologies' capabilities.
Context Aware Computing Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Integration of Artificial Intelligence into Mobile Apps
4.2.2 Rise in Integrated IoT Offerings
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Computational Complexities
4.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.6 Assessment of Impact of Covid-19 on the Industry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.2 Vendor (Qualitative Analysis)
5.2.1 Device Manufacturers
5.2.2 Mobile Network Operators
5.2.3 Online, Web, and Social Networking Vendors
5.3 End-user Industry
5.3.2 Consumer Electronics
5.3.3 Media and Entertainment
5.3.7 Logistics and Transportation
5.3.8 Other End-user Industries
5.4.1 North America
5.4.4 Latin America
5.4.5 Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 IBM Corporation
6.1.2 Microsoft Corporation
6.1.3 Cisco Systems Inc.
6.1.4 Google LLC
6.1.5 Oracle Corporation
6.1.6 Amazon Web Services Inc.
6.1.7 Verizon Communications Inc.
6.1.8 Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd
6.1.9 Intel Corp.
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Context Aware Computing Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Context Aware Computing Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Context Aware Computing Market?
The Context Aware Computing Market is growing at a CAGR of 29.9% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Context Aware Computing Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2018 - 2028.
Which region has largest share in Context Aware Computing Market?
North America holds highest share in 2022.
Who are the key players in Context Aware Computing Market?
IBM Corporation , Microsoft Corporation , Cisco Systems Inc. , Google LLC , Oracle Corporation are the major companies operating in Context Aware Computing Market.
Context Aware Computing Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Context Aware Computing market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Context Aware Computing analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.