|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia-Pacific|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Global Colloidal Silica Market is projected to register a CAGR of over 5% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
COVID-19 negatively impacted the market in 2020 due to supply chain disruption and reduced demand from the end-user industries, such as construction, chemicals, and electronics. However, as the online working culture grows, a post-pandemic increase in demand for semiconductors for servers and cloud usage is expected to boost the market for colloidal silica.
- Over the short term, rising demand for concrete and cement in the construction industry globally and increasing demand for silicon wafers for the production of integrated circuits in electronic devices, are some of the factors which are stimulating the market demand.
- Slow drying Property of colloidal silica hinders the market growth.
- Increasing digital penetration is impacting the pulp & paper industry worldwide and R&D in the field of colloidal silica for numerous potential applications such as adhesion and binding agent in cosmetics, anti-soilant in textiles, and others are likely to create opportunities for the market in the coming years.
- The Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market and is also likely to witness the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
Scope of the Report
Colloidal silica consists of dense and amorphous SiO2 (silicon dioxide) particles that are randomly distributed. These amorphous silica particles are manufactured under alkaline conditions after polymerizing silica nuclei from silicate solutions to form nanometer-sized colloidal silica or silica sols. The surface of the silica nanoparticles is then induced with a charge after which silica particles repel each other and form a highly stable dispersion or colloid. The colloidal silica market is segmented by end-user industry and geography. By end-user industry, the market is segmented into pulp and paper, paints and coatings, chemicals, construction, metals and metallurgy, electronics and semiconductors, and other applications. The report also covers the market size and forecasts for the colloidal silica market in 15 countries across major regions. For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been done on the basis of Revenue (USD Million).
|Pulp and Paper|
|Paints and Coatings|
|Metals and Metallurgy|
|Electronics and Semiconductors|
|Other End-user Industries|
Key Market Trends
Increasing Usage in the Construction Industry
- Colloidal silica is widely adopted in the construction industry as it enhances the strength and durability of concrete or cement. Colloidal silica is also used in floor coatings to make the surface scratch-resistant and reduce slip by increasing friction.
- Superior properties of colloidal silica such as permeability and pore water reduction and enhanced rheological properties in concrete enhance its usage in the construction sector. Increased cement hydration and resistance to chemical attacks and accelerated cement dissolution are some of the benefits of using colloidal silica in concrete.
- Increasing investments in renewable energy infrastructure coupled with decreasing cost of renewable energy and rapid technology improvements are expected to drive the construction industry. Besides, the growing demand for green buildings to lower the carbon footprints of buildings will boost the demand for cement, concrete, and other products used in the construction sector such as paints and coatings.
- The global construction output was valued at USD 10.70 trillion in 2020 and grew significantly in 2021. Moreover, the global construction output is estimated to reach USD 15.20 trillion by 2030, registering a growth of 42%, as per the report by Oxford Economics. This in turn is stimulating the demand for the colloidal silica market.
- According to the United States census bureau, the construction output was valued at USD 1,591.67 billion in 2021 as compared to USD 1,469.15 billion in 2020, registering a growth of 8.3% in the United States. Therefore, the increasing construction activities are expected to fuel the demand for the market studied in the country in the coming years.
- Owing to all these factors, the market for colloidal silica is likely to grow globally during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia -Pacific region is expected to dominate the market. In the region, China is the largest economy, in terms of GDP. China and India are among the fastest emerging economies in the world.
- Construction output in Asia-Pacific will account for USD 2.5 trillion between 2020 and 2030 and is estimated to reach USD 7.4 trillion by 2030, registering a growth of over 50%. China dominates the construction industry in the Asia-Pacific region. In 2020, the construction industry in China was valued at USD 1,049.19 billion. However, major government spending, especially focused on infrastructure has resulted in a rebounding of construction activity in 2021.
- Additionally, China's growing construction market and manufacturing activities in auto parts, oil, and gas industries will drive paints and coatings in the coming years. An increasing trend for the usage of high-tech coatings such as cationic electrocoating materials that covers all corners of metal parts for giving protection from corrosion is expected to boost the colloidal silica industry.
- India’s construction industry is expected to grow due to increased demand for infrastructure projects and real estate. In the fiscal year 2021, infrastructure activities amounted to over 13% share of the total Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) inflow in the country. Besides, in the union budget 2021, the Indian government announced the allocation of USD 32.02 billion to transport infrastructure.
- The increasing trend of working from home has led to a rise in demand for computer devices and peripherals. India is a popular manufacturing hub for electronic devices in Asia-Pacific. The electronics industry in India contributed about 3.4% to the country's (Gross Domestic Product) GDP. In India, as per India Brand Equity Foundation (IBEF), the domestic manufacturing of electronic products has grown from USD 29 billion in 2014-2015 to USD 67 billion in 2020-2021. Therefore, the increasing demand for electronic devices is expected to propel the demand for the market studied in the country in the coming years.
- Rising demand for consumer electronic products such as personal computers, mobile phones, and televisions owing to the switch to online mode is expected to drive the electronics industry in coming years. Domestic manufacturing of electronics in India has grown from USD 29 billion in 2014-15 to USD 67 billion in 2020-21, with a contribution of about 3.4% to the nation’s GDP (Gross Domestic Product), as per India Brand Equity Foundation (IBEF).
- Due to all such factors, the market for colloidal silica in the region is expected to have a steady growth during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The colloidal silica market is partially fragmented in nature. Some of the major players in the market include Evonik Industries, Nouryan, W. R. Grace & Co., Nissan Chemical Corporation, and Ecolab among others (not in any particular order).
- In November 2021, Nouryon announced to increase the production capacity of the colloidal silica manufacturing facility, based in Green Bay, Wisconsin, U.S.A. The increased production capacity will help in meeting demands for packaging and construction end markets. The construction is expected to complete in the second half of 2022.
- In June 2020, W. R. Grace & Co. announced the opening of a new colloidal silica plant at its research and development facility, based in Germany. The new manufacturing facility will help the company in providing a better response to its customers and partners in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) region.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Rising Demand for Concrete and Cements in the Construction Industry Globally
4.1.2 Increasing Demand for Silicon wafers for Production of Integrated Circuits in Electronic Devices
4.2.1 Slow Drying Properties of Colloidal Silica
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 End-user Industry
5.1.1 Pulp and Paper
5.1.2 Paints and Coatings
5.1.5 Metals and Metallurgy
5.1.6 Electronics and Semiconductors
5.1.7 Other End-user Industries
22.214.171.124 South Korea
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.2.2 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
5.2.4 South America
18.104.22.168 Rest of South America
5.2.5 Middle-East and Africa
22.214.171.124 Saudi Arabia
126.96.36.199 South Africa
188.8.131.52 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%)**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.2 AMS Applied Material Solutions
6.4.3 Cabot Corporation
6.4.4 CWK Chemiewerk Bad Kstritz GmbH
6.4.7 FUSO CHEMICAL CO., LTD.
6.4.8 Jinan Yinfeng Silicon Products Co., Ltd.
6.4.9 Linyi Kehan Silicon Products Co. LTD
6.4.10 Nissan Chemical Corporation
6.4.13 Sterling Chemicals
6.4.14 Ted Pella, Inc.
6.4.15 W. R. Grace & Co.
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Increasing Digital Penetration is Impacting Pulp & Paper Industry Across the Globe
7.2 R&D in the Field of Colloidal Silica for Numerous Potential Applications
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Colloidal Silica Market market is studied from 2017 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Colloidal Silica Market?
The Colloidal Silica Market is growing at a CAGR of >5% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Colloidal Silica Market?
Asia-Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Colloidal Silica Market?
Asia-Pacific holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Colloidal Silica Market?
Evonik Industries, Nouryon , W. R. Grace & Co. , Nissan Chemical Corporation , Ecolab are the major companies operating in Colloidal Silica Market.