Cloud VPN Market Size
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia-Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Cloud VPN Market Analysis
The Cloud VPN market will register a CAGR of 13.8% over the forecast period. Cloud VPN or Virtual Private Network as a Service (VPNaaS) is a VPN that utilizes a cloud-based network infrastructure to deliver VPN services. It offers VPN access, where the user can access through a cloud platform over the public Internet.
- The increasing trend towards BYOD and enterprise mobility, growing data concerns, and the adoption of work-from-home drive the demand for cloud VPN. Furthermore, the growth of cloud migrations increased VPN usage in various businesses worldwide, as most organizations store sensitive data in the cloud.
- Furthermore, as enterprises migrate away from on-premise workloads toward data centers via their cloud strategies, the need for cloud VPN is also expected to grow. The increasing demand for secure remote access and increased adoption of private clouds are also expanding the scope for vendors in the market studied.
- Many Managed Security Service Providers (MSSPs) and cloud providers offer VPNaaS. Effective security mandates the management of VPN environments. And these mandates can be outsourced to providers that either host a managed VPN solution or ensure the management of the VPN.
- As enterprises are embracing digitalization and are further leading to the growing adoption of cloud-based servers, the limited technical knowledge among the employees to deploy digitalization is further posing a challenge to the cloud VPN market.
- The spread of COVID-19 has positively impacted the market due to disruptions in the supply chain owing to extended factory closures globally. Many countries across the globe mandated work-from-home situations on public health safety concerns that drove the need for remote working infrastructure.
Cloud VPN Industry Segmentation
The adoption of cloud service is raising the security concerns among the end users and hence driving demand for cloud VPN solutions. The scope of the study for cloud VPN market is limited to the offering made by the vendors in the form of software or services for both of the enterprise sizes in a wide range of end-user industries.
The Cloud VPN Market is segmented Type (Remote Access VPN, Site-to-site VPN), Enterprise Size (Small and Medium Enterprise, Large Enterprise), End-user Verticals (Government and Public Utilities, IT and Telecommunication, BFSI, Healthcare, Retail, Manufacturing) and Geography (North America(United States, Canada), Europe(Germany, united kingdom, France, Rest of Europe), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, Rest of Asia Pacific), Latin America(Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Rest of Latin America), Middle East & Africa (UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Rest of Middle East & Africa)). The market sizes and forecasts are provided in terms of value (USD million) for all the above segments
|By Enterprise Size|
|Small and Medium Enterprise|
|Remote Access VPN|
|By End-user Industries|
|Government and Public Utilities|
|IT and Telecommunication|
|Other End-users Industries|
Cloud VPN Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Cloud VPN Market according to our research experts:
Telecom and IT Segment to Grow Significantly
- Cloud VPN is becoming increasingly popular due to new, increasing needs from the telecom industry for security and quick VPN networks, which is boosting this segment's revenue development.
- The need for cloud VPN solutions has increased due to the rising global IT spending on business software and communication services.
- Flexible VPN technology is also required due to the rise in the use of powerful devices like PCs, phones, and others. Modern VPN technology's software-defined WAN (SD-WAN) capabilities, which provide granular reporting and sophisticated network information, are also propelling the cloud VPN industry.
- The need for encrypted network traffic, distributed global IP addresses, deployable private servers, the ability to manage network activity, the ability to conduct geo-targeting, and quality assurance are additional benefits of cloud VPNs that are becoming more widely known in the telecom industry and are further boosting the market's expansion.
- Cloud-based VPNs have grown significantly during the last five years, impacting the business, technology, and information technology sectors. Due to this, there has been an increase in global investment in cloud computing. It is assumed that the user and device on the other end of a VPN connection are safe.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia Pacific to Hold Largest Share
- Most VPN providers in the region are highly active in expanding the VPN scope and adoption among various end users. As cloud services provide enhanced characteristics, the cloud VPN market has a massive opportunity to grow.
- VPN providers in the region offer various features enabling their subscribers to access information and content unavailable to them. And with the availability of cloud VPN services, this can be enhanced further.
- With the onset of COVID-19, there were various steps taken by the government of Japan to contain the spread of the virus, such as lockdowns, social distancing, and many more. These led to increased adoption of work-from-home and remote working. This created an upsurge in adopting BYOD policies in various organizations for business uses in the country. With the implementation of BYOD and work-from-home policies, cloud VPN solutions have been adopted for businesses to function.
- However, cyber security concerns in the region are restricting the implementation of cloud VPNs in the country. According to the prefectural police departments, out of 47 ransomware cases that were detected which had an apparent reason for the security breach, 70% of them were caused because of the use of a VPN.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Cloud VPN Industry Overview
The cloud VPN market is inclined towards fragmentation with several firms selling services and software to practically every end-user industry. In addition, new firms are entering the industry due to cloud usage and low entry barriers. The companies are pursuing acquisition tactics to increase their market share in the cloud VPN industry.
- August 2022 - Microsoft is upgrading the security and privacy of its Edge browser by integrating a free built-in virtual private network service, according to a Microsoft support page. By allowing users to browse the web using a virtual IP address, the new function also gives them the ability to conceal their location.
- July 2022 - Huawei and China Mobile Guangdong Jointly Release Mobile VPN Solution With this solution, enterprise users can securely access the Internet and campus intranet anytime and anywhere. Mobile VPN makes the mobile office more flexible and helps build a more digital and information-based campus. These advantages make Mobile VPN an optimal choice for campus dedicated networks.
Cloud VPN Market Leaders
Cisco Systems, Inc
Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
Array Networks, Inc.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Cloud VPN Market News
- June 2022 -One of leading virtual private network (VPN) service provider, NordVPN, has introduced Meshnet, a new feature that enables users to connect to other devices directly without first routing their traffic through a VPN server. Meshnet allows users to send and receive files from friends, family, and coworkers with ease, doing away with the requirement to host work projects on a server.
- May 2022 - a free VPN (Virtual Private Network) service named CloudbricVPN was introduced by Cloudbric, a security firm that focuses on cloud security platforms and increased security and user comfort for a safe internet connection.
- March 2022 - GoodAccess a Cloud VPN service provider announced the availability of its new Starter package, which enables even tiny enterprises to get free access to potent commercial VPN services. With the aid of the company's new Starter package, SMBs and even startups can build a cloud-based business VPN for up to 100 users without having to invest in their hardware infrastructure.
Cloud VPN Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.2.5 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Assessment of the Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Growing Demand for Cloud Services
5.1.2 Increasing Trend Towards BYOD and Enterprise Mobility
5.1.3 Increasing Data Security Concerns
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 High Implementation Cost
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Enterprise Size
6.1.1 Small and Medium Enterprise
6.1.2 Large Enterprise
6.2 By Type
6.2.1 Remote Access VPN
6.2.2 Site-to-site VPN
6.3 By End-user Industries
6.3.1 Government and Public Utilities
6.3.2 IT and Telecommunication
6.3.7 Other End-users Industries
6.4 By Geography
6.4.1 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
22.214.171.124 South Korea
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.4.4 Latin America
188.8.131.52 Rest of Latin America
6.4.5 Middle East & Africa
184.108.40.206 Saudi Arabia
220.127.116.11 South Africa
18.104.22.168 Rest of Middle East & Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Cisco Systems, Inc.
7.1.2 Microsoft Corporation
7.1.3 Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
7.1.4 Google LLC
7.1.5 Array Networks, Inc.
7.1.6 Oracle Corporation
7.1.7 Contemporary Control Systems, Inc.
7.1.8 NCP engineering GmbH
7.1.9 Cohesive Networks, LLC
7.1.11 Singapore Telecommunications Limited
7.1.12 Amazon Web Services
- *List Not Exhaustive
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Cloud VPN Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Cloud VPN Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Cloud VPN Market?
The Cloud VPN Market is growing at a CAGR of 13.8% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Cloud VPN Market?
Asia-Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2018 - 2028.
Which region has largest share in Cloud VPN Market?
North America holds highest share in 2022.
Who are the key players in Cloud VPN Market?
Cisco Systems, Inc, Microsoft Corporation, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., Google LLC, Array Networks, Inc. are the major companies operating in Cloud VPN Market.
Cloud VPN Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Cloud VPN market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Cloud VPN analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.