Cloud TV Market Size
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Cloud TV Market Analysis
The Cloud TV Market is expected to register a CAGR of 21.9% during the forecast period. Cloud TV is a cloud-based application that streams content such as TV channels, movies, shows, music, and several others. Cloud TV applications are easily installed on personal electronic devices and do not require much memory.
- Cloud TV allows television subscribers to stream their saved recordings regardless of place. They can also download content to a smartphone or tablet to watch while offline. The innovations in cloud TV deliver an improved entertainment experience for the viewers. It is easier than ever to access favorite content saved in the cloud. Moreover, any updates or innovations to cloud TV functionality can be made available to users in real time. Cloud TV delivers a more personalized viewing experience as subscribers can enjoy their favorite shows and movies irrespective of the time and place on any device.
- The rising interest of users for TV shows on Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney Plus, and other platforms is contributing to the cloud TV market’s growth. According to Netflix, the company plans to invest approximately USD 18 billion last year to produce original content (content produced by the company). Walt Disney Co. has also committed to spending USD 11 billion on streaming content in the last year.
- Moreover, the increasing penetration of IoT-based media devices is creating considerable demand for cloud TV services. Increasing product innovations, such as the Amazon Fire TV stick and Roku box, are fueling the growth of the cloud TV platform.
- As cloud TV providers offer more TV channels, the importance of content protection in cloud TV is becoming a concern. Privacy and lack of digital infrastructure might hamper the market growth.
- The onset of the COVID-19 pandemic positively impacted the cloud TV market as audiences started consuming more content at home via online subscriptions. This has accelerated the growth of this format. An increasing number of consumers have a digital TV in their pocket, presenting an exciting opportunity for media buyers to take advantage of changing consumer trends.
Cloud TV Industry Segmentation
Cloud TV is a software platform that virtualizes set-top-box functionality, enabling the service providers to bring advanced user interfaces and online video experiences such as YouTube along with social networking, internet browsing, online gaming, video conferences, and interactive web-style advertising to televisions and connected electronic devices.
The Cloud TV Market is segmented by Deployment (Public Cloud, Private Cloud, Hybrid Cloud), Device (STB, Mobile Phones, Connected TV), Applications (Telecom, Entertainment, and Media, Information Technology, Consumer Television), Organization Size (Small and Medium Enterprise, Large Enterprise) and Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa).
The market sizes and forecasts are provided in terms of value (USD million) for all the above segments.
|By Device Type|
|Entertainment and Media|
|By Organization Size|
|Small and Medium Enterprise|
|Middle East & Africa|
Cloud TV Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Cloud TV Market according to our research experts:
Small and Medium Enterprise to Witness the Growth
- The adoption of cloud in the broadcast and media industry is continuing to grow, with most media businesses adopting cloud technology. The onset of COVID-19 has significantly augmented this increasing need for cloud technology in the industry.
- With the trend toward adopting the cloud for various business needs, small and medium enterprises in the media and broadcasting industry have been increasingly adopting cloud TV to reach their customers. An expanding virtualized infrastructure and increasing demand for content over the internet have also influenced the adoption of cloud tv.
- Cloud TV offers small and medium enterprises an advantage in delivering content as it requires less investment to set up the initial infrastructure than traditional television. Cloud TV adoption requires minimal in-house infrastructure, which results in minimal investment in hardware equipment, installation, and maintenance.
- Cloud TVs assist businesses with rapid and straightforward deployments, expanding their existing markets. They also contribute to significant time and cost savings in building and maintenance. The power of cloud computing platforms like Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure can be leveraged by integrated solutions to offer a streamlined cloud TV platform from planning to delivery of personalized content, installation and implementation of online video services, and embracing the growth for customers launching medium-scale cloud TV services.
- Furthermore, cloud TV offers scalability and flexibility to cater to varied audience segments, thus ensuring growth in viewership and the volume of video content consumed. This enables SMEs to adopt cloud TV.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia pacific is Expected to Hold Significant Share
- It is projected that the Asia-Pacific area will experience tremendous growth throughout the forecast period, owing to the rising adoption of video streaming services by viewers. There has been a growing demand for live streaming that allows the market players to develop robust products and services, further augmenting the market's growth. In addition, the developing infrastructure and reliable internet connectivity throughout the region are also significantly driving the demand for cloud TV.
- Moreover, The overall growth of the consumption of internet-based content is drastically changing Asia's video markets. According to Media Partners Asia, online video is anticipated to expand to 20% of total video industry revenues by 2023, up from 9% in 2017. This rise in the overall growth of online video is one of the most significant trends proliferating Asia's video markets.
- On the other hand, various key players are investing in the market through mergers, acquisitions, and other means to grow their presence among customers and better serve their needs across a range of applications.
- Furthermore, in April 2022, QYOU Media Inc. declared that The Q India, the company's Hindi language youth-oriented channel, will launch flagship channel The Q, along with new channels Q Marathi, Q Kahaniyan, and Q Comedistaan on 63 new smart TV systems in partnership with CloudTV. The Q India is currently available to more than 125 million TV households and over 680 million users via mobile, OTT, and app-based platforms in India.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Cloud TV Industry Overview
The cloud tv market is moderately competitive and consists of several market players. Numerous new vendors are anticipated to enter the market as a result of the steadily growing market opportunity, enhanced mobile internet services and coverage, and increased display quality. By utilizing real-time data, these companies are innovating and utilizing innovative ways to capture a sizeable market share. These developments are anticipated to support the growth of the cloud TV market. To improve their market share and profitability, the businesses in the market are relying on strategic collaboration projects.
- September 2022 - Brightcove Inc., the provider of streaming technology, and Evergent, the customer management and monetization provider for streaming and digital subscription businesses, declared an extended cooperation. Through this partnership, Brightcove’s clients can test and apply flexible monetization approaches within the platform, bringing Evergent's agile monetization solution to Brightcove Beacon for over-the-top video streaming.
Cloud TV Market Leaders
Amino Technologies PLC
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Cloud TV Market News
- August 2022 - 24i partnered with Swisscom Broadcast for the launch of FokusOnTV, 24i’s new TV-as-a-Service (TVaaS) streaming. The end-to-end, fully cloud-based FokusOnTV solution is a managed service built on 24i’s proven middleware, which is expected to be offered as a pre-integrated solution with Swisscom Broadcast’s premium headend infrastructure.
- February 2022 - Daiwa, has released two HD Ready Smart TVs powered by cloud TV such as The D32SM9 and D40HDR9L models of smart TVs have displays that are 80 cm (32 inches) and 98 cm (39 inches), respectively. The HD Ready Smart TVs have a user-friendly user interface (UI) called The BIGWALL and offer a variety of TV apps, international content, and other features that improve the user experience. Along with the models, the brand has also released a D32SM9A and D40HDR9LA variant for each model that features cloud TV voice support.
Cloud TV Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.2.5 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3 Technological Snapshot
4.4 Assessment of the Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Increasing Adoption of Smart Devices
5.1.2 Evolution of Bandwidth-independent Cloud Streaming Services
5.1.3 Increasing Technological Development Leading to Efficient and Quicker Service
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Failure of the Widespread Adoption of 4G Services Due to Insufficient Users
5.2.2 Lack of Internet Penetration in Certain Areas
5.3 Market Opportunities
5.3.1 Technological Advancements Leading to the Possibility of Customization
5.3.2 Untapped Market in Africa and India
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Deployment
6.1.1 Public Cloud
6.1.2 Private Cloud
6.1.3 Hybrid Cloud
6.2 By Device Type
6.2.2 Mobile Phones
6.2.3 Connected TV
6.3 By Applications
6.3.2 Entertainment and Media
6.3.3 Information Technology
6.3.4 Consumer Television
6.3.5 Other Applications
6.4 By Organization Size
6.4.1 Small and Medium Enterprise
6.4.2 Large Enterprise
6.5 By Geography
6.5.1 North America
6.5.4 Latin America
6.5.5 Middle East & Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Ooyala Inc.
7.1.2 Brightcove Inc.
7.1.3 NetSuite Inc.
7.1.4 Fordela Corp.
7.1.5 Amino Technologies PLC
7.1.6 DaCast LLC
7.1.7 Kaltura Inc.
7.1.8 MatrixStream Technologies Inc.
7.1.9 MUVI Television Ltd.
7.1.10 Minoto Video Inc.
7.1.11 Monetize Media Inc.
7.1.12 UpLynk LLC
7.1.13 PCCW Limited
7.1.14 Spectrum (Charter Communications)
7.1.15 Liberty Global PLC
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Cloud TV Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Cloud TV Market market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Cloud TV Market?
The Cloud TV Market is growing at a CAGR of 21.9% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Cloud TV Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Cloud TV Market?
North America holds highest share in 2022.
Who are the key players in Cloud TV Market?
Ooyala Inc., Brightcove Inc., Amino Technologies PLC, Fordela Corp., NetSuite Inc. are the major companies operating in Cloud TV Market.
Cloud TV Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Cloud TV market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Cloud TV analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.