Cornering an estimated 38% of the Asia-Pacific market, China is the largest consumer of polymer emulsions in the region. It is also projected to have the fastest growing market, with a forecast compounded annual rate of 9% between 2015 and 2020. Though demand for vinyl emulsions in the region is anticipated to be growing at the fastest rate, consumption of acrylic emulsions would maintain its dominant position. In terms of the application area, paints & coatings account for the largest share of polymer emulsions and are also envisaged to be the fastest growing end-user.
Emissions of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) have been implicated in several environmental concerns, as a consequence of which governments across the world are enacting stringent policies to either curtail or completely eliminate them. This has led to the emergence of the technique of emulsion polymerization that is capable of producing polymers with high molecular weight and very little viscosity. Polymer emulsions employ a wide variety of ingredients in their production, including monomers, co-monomers, initiators, surfactants and non-surfactant stabilizers, among others. Growing awareness in regard to the adverse effects of VOC emissions that are present in a majority of solvent based products has resulted in generating greater demand for emulsion polymers, which are low in VOC content. Major industries that use polymer emulsions include paints & coatings, paper & paperboard and adhesives, with all of them focusing on reducing VOC emissions.
Several of the major end-uses of vinyl emulsions, such as adhesives, paper & paperboard coatings and paints & coatings would be instrumental in fueling demand for this category of polymer emulsions. Demand for polyurethane (PU) dispersions is also anticipated to maintain healthy growth during the analysis period. The market is segmented by product type (Acrylics, Polyurethane dispersions, Styrene butadiene latex, Vinyls and other polymer emulsions), by application (Paper and paper coating, adhesives and carpet backing, paints and coatings and other applications). The key players are 3M Company, Clariant, Royal DSM NV, Nuplex Industries Inc, Sumitomo Chemicals.
Increasing use in end use industries and an increasing demand for VOC free products.
The raw material prices are very high thus making the end product more expensive.
What the report offers?
1) Market Definition for the specified topic along with the identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2) Market analysis for the China Polymer emulsions market with region specific assessments and competition analysis on both the global and regional scales.
3) Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on the global and regional scales.
4) Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market shares.
5) Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the China Polymer Emulsions Market on both global and regional fronts.
6) A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.