Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Chile E-commerce Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 14.09% from 2022 to 2027. Chile's top e-commerce sites include retail and supermarket stores such as Falabella, Ripley, Paris, Jumbo, and Lider and market places such as Linio, Mercado Libre, and Yapo. The most popular platforms for food and purchase deliveries are Cornershop, Rappi, Uber Eats, and PedidosYa.
- Amazon remains an excellent option for local customers, and it now includes innovative products from Chilean businesses; however, some brands do not ship internationally. Even so, local consumers are willing to be a part of international online purchases in order to access a broader range of products and prices. Amazon has been offering free shipping to Chile for purchases of $49 or more in eligible products since April 2021.
- International platforms like Amazon and AliExpress, which have massively reduced shipping times and made e-commerce more accessible, have contributed to the enormous growth in Chile e-commerce market. Last year, Correos de Chile collaborated with AliExpress to reduce delivery times from a maximum of 60 days to a window of 16 to 38 days.
- Since Amazon, Walmart, and Aliexpress remain dominant, smaller startups are emerging to compete. As more Chileans go online, primarily via smartphones, the challenge will be to provide faster delivery across the country while making m-commerce more accessible in the chile e-commerce market.
- Chile's E-commerce sales are expected to increase by 23% in 2021. Growth has exceeded the previous year's expectations due to the COVID-19 pandemic, pension fund withdrawals, and government fiscal stimulus. eCommerce has previously experienced positive growth over the last decade due to Chile's rapid and ongoing technological infrastructure development.
- The COVID-19 pandemic is shown in the increased demand for services that allow the virtual interaction of teleworking activities and software that provides virtual meetings, conference rooms, and classes. To facilitate access to medicines during the pandemic, the Chilean Ministry of Health authorized the online sale of medicine, resulting in substantial growth of online prescriptions.
Scope of the Report
E-commerce is the purchasing and selling of products and services over the Internet. It is conducted over computers, mobiles, tablets, and other smart devices. There are primarily two types of e-commerce, including Business-to-Consumer (B2C) and Business-to-Business (B2B).
The Chile E-commerce Market is segmented by B2C E-Commerce (Beauty and Personal Care, Consumer Electronics, Fashion and Apparel, Food and Beverage, Furniture and Home), and B2B E-Commerce. In addition, Toys, hobbies & DIY, Electronics & Media, Fashion, Furniture & Appliances, and Food & Personal Care account for the majority of E-commerce revenue in Chile.
|By B2C e-commerce|
|Market size (GMV) for the period of 2017-2027|
|By B2B e-commerce|
|Market size for the period of 2017-2027|
Key Market Trends
Increase in number of e-commerce user in Chile
- Chilean mobile internet penetration reached 100% in the third quarter of 2020, with 19.8 million connections, primarily via smartphones.
- Chilean consumers are increasingly using credit and debit cards to make online purchases. Online payments in Chile are made in Chilean pesos (CLP) via local bank transfers and credit cards issued by local banks. MACH, Fpay, and Mercadopago are popular payment platforms in Chile.
- The number of online users in Chile has increased dramatically year after year, as has their demand for digital services. Entrepreneurs and small businesses can now sell their products or deliver their services more efficiently due to an online channel that allows them to reach a larger audience and previously inaccessible markets.
- Matriz Digital 2018-2022 is a roadmap on national connectivity priorities developed by the Chilean government. This plan aims to close the technological gap in Chile to promote the country's development. Matriz Digital focuses on three areas. Such as defining and respecting digital citizens' rights, stimulating investment and infrastructure, including 5G implementation, and promoting digital development. There are currently free internet zones in fifteen regions of the country, providing access and connectivity to low-income residents.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Falabella is the most significant player in the Chilean eCommerce Market. In 2021, the store made $768 million in revenue. It is followed by Ripley, which has a gain of US$605 million, and lider, which has a revenue of US$484 million. In total, the top three stores generate 25% of Chile's online revenue.
- May 2022- Falabella.com introduces the first electric e-commerce truck in Chile, with a 300-kilometer range. The Hyundai Zedo 300 EV model, developed in collaboration with Hyundai Trucks and Buses of Indumotora and Grupo Enel Chile, will enable the delivery of more oversized products while maintaining a zero-emissions proposal in this type of dispatch.
- May 2022- The Blockchain in Fintech Market report focuses on a detailed analysis of the industry's current and future prospects. Amazon Web Services, IBM, and Microsoft rapidly expanding their blockchain presence in the Fintech market.
- May 2022- Equinix, a digital infrastructure provider, has expanded its Platform Equinix into Latin America. Entel, a telco provider, has managed to sell four data centers in Chile.
- May 2022- Reebok announced a partnership with Macy's to expand its Reebok offering, which is usually limited to footwear, including sportswear and activewear for men, women, and children, in Macy's stores on the app and website. The Reebok Design Group (RDG), a brand hub that designs and develops core products, also can create exclusive products for Macy's.
- April 2022- Amazon has announced that it will provide third-party merchants with services. Buy with Prime, which extends Prime shopping benefits to merchants other than Amazon.com. Amazon is heavily investing in its logistics division and expects it to compete with FedEx and UPS's behemoths.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definitions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness-Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Key market trends and share of e-commerce of total Retail sector
4.4 Impact of COVID-19 on the e-commerce sales
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Rise in Popularity of Subscription Model
5.1.2 Increasing Urbanization with Easy Access to Smartphones
5.1.3 Increasing Online shopping
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 Internet infrastructure
5.2.2 Generating targeted traffic to online store
5.3 Analysis of key demographic trends and patterns related to the e-commerce industry in Chile (Coverage to include Population, Internet Penetration, ecommerce Penetration, Age & Income etc.)
5.4 Analysis of the key modes of transaction in the e-commerce industry in Chile (coverage to include prevalent modes of payment such as cash, card, bank transfer, wallets, etc.)
5.5 Analysis of cross-border e-commerce industry in Chile (Current market value of cross-border & key trends)
5.6 Current positioning of country Chile in the e-commerce industry in South America
6. Market Segmentation
6.1 By B2C e-commerce
6.1.1 Market size (GMV) for the period of 2017-2027
6.1.2 Market Segmentation - by Application
220.127.116.11 Beauty & Personal Care
18.104.22.168 Consumer Electronics
22.214.171.124 Fashion & Apparel
126.96.36.199 Food & Beverage
188.8.131.52 Furniture & Home
184.108.40.206 Others (Toys, DIY, Media, etc.)
6.2 By B2B e-commerce
6.2.1 Market size for the period of 2017-2027
7. Competitive Landscape
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.4 Paris (Cencosud)
8. Investment Analysis
9. Future Outlook of the Market
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Chile E-commerce Market market is studied from 2022 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Chile E-commerce Market?
The Chile E-commerce Market is growing at a CAGR of 14.09% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in Chile E-commerce Market?
Falabella, Ripley, Lider, Paris (Cencosud), Easy, Reebok are the major companies operating in Chile E-commerce Market.