Cane Sugar Market Size
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia-Pacific|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Cane Sugar Market Analysis
The global cane sugar market is expected to register a CAGR of 5.3% over the next five years.
- Sugar from cane is helpful for blood insulin levels, body protein levels, and hydration. Due to its availability, sweetness, and slightly fruity flavour, it is frequently chosen above other sugars for its use in sweetening baked products and hot beverages. Growing consumer demand for cane sugar as a sweetener in food and beverage products drives the cane sugar market during the forecast period.
- Due to increased demand from diverse industries, cane sugar is becoming more and more popular as a sweetener. The food and beverage sectors employ cane sugar as a source of energy, trace minerals, and antioxidants, which has led to a significant expansion in the cane sugar market.
- The abundance of sugarcane availability, and properties of cane sugar, such as better flavour and caramelization, make it superior to beet sugar. Also, innovations in the existing conventional sugar, such as brown cane sugar, which consists of added molasses to enhance flavor and appearance, by the leading global players, as well as the small domestic players, are attracting consumers and propelling the market growth.
- According to the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), the rise in global sugar consumption is likely to come from developing countries, attributed to rising demand for sugar-rich confectionery products and soft drinks. Across Asia-Pacific, India is expected to lead the growth, followed by Indonesia, China, and Pakistan.
- However, due to the adverse health effects caused by cane sugar, consumers are inclined towards artificial sweeteners. Also, the development of other better sugar substitutes, such as coconut sugar, stevia, and regulations imposed by the regulatory bodies and other health organizations are restraining market growth. For instance, the American Heart Association (AHA) recommends a strict-sugar limit of no more than 100 calories per day for adult women and 150 calories for adult men.
Cane Sugar Industry Segmentation
The cane sugar market is primarily developing owing to sugarcane accessibility and other properties such as superior flavor prevalent enough to beet sugar.
The global cane sugar market has been segmented, based on category, into organic and conventional; based on form into crystallized sugar and liquid syrup; and based on application into bakery and confectionery, dairy, beverages, and other applications. Also, the study provides an analysis of the cane sugar market in emerging and established markets across the globe, including North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and Middle-East and Africa.
The report offers market size and forecasts for the cane sugar market in value (USD million) for all the above segments.
|Bakery & Confectionery|
Cane Sugar Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Cane Sugar Market according to our research experts:
Increased Trade of Organic Cane Sugar
- Organic cane sugar is witnessing enhanced demand these days. Organic cane sugar is unrefined sugar that contains a full taste of sugarcane, is less processed, retains a lot of nutrients, and thus excludes cancer-causing and environmentally damaging pesticides present in otherwise conventionally grown sugarcane.
- Furthermore, organic cane sugar is high in polyphenols, has powerful phytonutrients with qualities of antioxidants, and is loaded with vitamins and minerals, including magnesium, calcium, manganese, potassium, and iron, coupled with amino-acids that help to burn fat and build muscle. The presence of basic amino acids like lysine, histidine, arginine, methionine, pipecolic acid, arginine, etc., is found to lower cholesterol.
- Organic cane sugar is much better than white sugar and brown sugar. The attributes such as availability, texture, cost, eco-friendliness, nutrition benefits, and rich sugarcane flavour over regular conventional cane sugar, etc., support the demand and consumption of organic cane sugar across the globe.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific Region To Witness Fastest Growth
- Asia-Pacific is bound to witness the fastest growth in the global cane sugar market. India, Thailand, and China account for the largest share of the regional market, owing to the volume of sugarcane harvested and processed into sugar in these countries. According to the Food and Agricultural Organization, China imports most of the sugar as its domestic production is insufficient to meet domestic consumption.
- The sugar industry of India also carries significant economic importance and is regulated by the central government. According to the OECD- FAO Agricultural Outlook, the average per-capita sugar consumption is likely to increase in coming years, wherein Asia and Africa will be the largest contributors to demand.
- The shift from cassava to sugarcane production because of the higher returns and lowering of sugar prices are causing farmers in countries such as Thailand to prefer shifting towards cane sugar production. Furthermore, prominent market players in the food and beverage industry witnessing a high inclination towards organic cane sugar will likely impact the market positively over the forecast period.
- According to ITC Trade Map, Trade statistics for international business development, In 2021, The import value of Raw Cane Sugar in Indonesia was around USD 2,229,890, followed by China with an Import value of USD 1,942,598. While India is the second major exporter of Raw Cane Sugar, the export value was valued at USD 1,340,793, followed by Thailand with an export value of USD 630,065.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Cane Sugar Industry Overview
The global market for cane sugar is fragmented, owing to the presence of large regional and international players in the market. The major players are Global Organics, Ltd., DO-IT Food Ingredients BV, Louis Dreyfus Company B.V., Louis Dreyfus Company B.V., and Raízen. Emphasis is being laid on the marketing strategies like merger, expansion, acquisition, and partnership of the companies along with new product development adopted by the leading market companies to boost their brand presence among consumers. Other than expansion, investment in branding sugar products is also another strategy adopted by major players.
Cane Sugar Market Leaders
Global Organics, Ltd.
DO-IT Food Ingredients BV
Louis Dreyfus Company B.V.
Wilmar Sugar Australia Limited
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Cane Sugar Market News
- November 2022: Under a long-term contract with Brazil's Razen, Shell agreed to purchase 3.25 billion liters (860,000 gallons US) of sugar-cane cellulosic ethanol. Razen intends to construct five plants in Brazil, boosting its total portfolio of cellulosic ethanol facilities to nine, which will manufacture the low-carbon fuel. The bagasse left over after producing sugar and conventional sugarcane ethanol will be used by Raizen to create its cellulosic ethanol.
- August 2022: Raizen and ASR Group collaborated to provide certified non-GMO cane sugar options in the market. The partnership aims to create a sustainable, fully traceable, and non-GMO-certified supply chain of raw cane sugar. The initiative aims to ensure a reliable supply of non-GMO cane sugar for processors and consumers globally.
- December 2021: MSM Malaysia Holdings Bhd (MSM Malaysia) and Wilmar Sugar Pte Ltd (Wilmar Sugar) inked a collaboration agreement in December 2021 to build a sustainable sugar supply chain. MSM Malaysia and Wilmar Sugar will embark on joint efforts to assist and support each other to pilot an approach to enable sustainable raw sugar sourcing within both companies' joint supply chains by focusing on traceability reporting of sugar supplies and monitoring sustainability performance based on the NDPE Sugar Policy.
- November 2021: The Sugar Research Institute of Fiji released a new variety of cane for commercial planting in the 2022 planting season. The variety had a high sugar content leading to better yield, more income for the growers, and increased total sugar production.
- May 2021: Adani Wilmar, which sells various food items such as sugar under the Fortune brand, introduced its mobile application, Fortune Online, to provide customers with a one-stop shop for all of their kitchen needs.
Cane Sugar Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions & Market Defination
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Drivers
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Category
5.2 By Form
5.2.1 Crystallized sugar
5.2.2 Liquid syrup
5.3 By Application
5.3.1 Bakery & Confectionery
5.3.4 Other Applications
5.4.1 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 Rest of North America
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.4 South America
126.96.36.199 Rest of South America
5.4.5 Middle-East and Africa
188.8.131.52 South Africa
184.108.40.206 Saudi Arabia
220.127.116.11 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Most Adopted Strategies
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 Global Organics, Ltd.
6.3.2 DO-IT Food Ingredients BV
6.3.3 Louis Dreyfus Company B.V.
6.3.4 Wilmar Sugar Australia Limited
6.3.5 ASR Group International, Inc.
6.3.6 Tate & Lyle plc
6.3.7 Biosev S.A.
6.3.8 Nanning Sugar Industry
6.3.9 Bunge Limited
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
8. IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON THE MARKET
Cane Sugar Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Cane Sugar Market market is studied from 2017 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Cane Sugar Market?
The Cane Sugar Market is growing at a CAGR of 5.3% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Cane Sugar Market?
Asia-Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Cane Sugar Market?
Asia-Pacific holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Cane Sugar Market?
Global Organics, Ltd., DO-IT Food Ingredients BV, Louis Dreyfus Company B.V., Wilmar Sugar Australia Limited, Raízen are the major companies operating in Cane Sugar Market.
Cane Sugar Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Cane Sugar market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Cane Sugar analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.