C5 Resin Market Size
|2019 - 2029
|Base Year For Estimation
|> 4.00 %
|Fastest Growing Market
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
C5 Resin Market Analysis
The global C5 resin market is expected to register a CAGR of over 4% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
The COVID-19 pandemic negatively affected the market in 2021. There was a decline in the demand for paints and coatings, printing inks, rubber compounding, etc. However, the market is excepted to regain its growth trajectory in the coming years.
- In the short term, the strong growth of the construction industry and rapid increase in demand for hot-melt adhesives from the packaging industry are expected to drive the market.
- The replacement of petroleum resins with rosin resins is expected to hinder the growth of the market.
- The Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market. The highest demand may be from China, followed by India.
C5 Resin Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the C5 Resin Market according to our research experts:
Growing Demand from Adhesives and Sealants Industry
- Adhesives and sealants are the largest markets for C5 hydrocarbon resins. These resins provide good adhesion and are used to tack in hot-melt and pressure-sensitive adhesives. They are compatible with most base polymers, polymer modifiers, and antioxidants.
- Automotive adhesives are lighter and are strong substitutes for mechanical fasteners like nuts and bolts, rivets, and welds. This factor drives the demand for adhesives from the electric vehicle industry.
- According to Global EV Outlook, EV sales worldwide reached 6.75 million units in 2021, recording an increase of 108 % compared to 2020. This volume includes passenger vehicles, light trucks, and light commercial vehicles.
- The global share of EVs (BEVs and PHEVs) in global light vehicle sales was 8.3 %, compared to 4.2 % in 2020. BEVs accounted for 71 % of the total EV sales, and PHEVs accounted for 29%. The global automotive market grew by only 4.7 % in 2020 due to the impact of COVID-19. However, currently, the automotive market is recovering. This is expected to increase the usage of adhesives and sealants in electric and hybrid vehicle manufacturing.
- Owing to the above-mentioned factors, the demand for C5 resins from the adhesives and sealants segment is expected to grow over the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Globally, China is the leading producer of paints and coatings. The country produces more than half of all the coatings produced in Asia-Pacific and is home to over 10,000 paint companies. The local producers occupy more than half of the domestic paint market.
- India has over 550 manufacturers currently engaged in the printing inks business. Huber Group, DIC India, Siegwerk, Sakata, and Flint and Toyo are among the leading players in the printing inks market and comprise around 75% of the total market.
- The Indian paint industry is estimated to have an annual turnover of INR 50,000 crore. Asian Paints, the largest domestic player, operates ten production facilities in the country, while Berger Paints operates 12 production facilities. Four major paint producers account for more than 60% of the total output of the Indian paints and coatings industry and have added significant production capacities.
- India is one of the largest producers and consumers of rubber in the Asia-Pacific region (after China). The country is the sixth-largest producer of natural rubber globally and has a production capacity of approximately 900,000 tons. In addition, the country's consumption of synthetic rubber is projected to reach 1.2 million tons by the end of 2025. The rising demand for rubber across several applications is likely to propel the production of C5 resins.
- Thus, the growing demand for C5 resins in various applications in the Asia-Pacific region is expected to drive the market studied during the forecast period.
C5 Resin Industry Overview
The global C5 resin market is consolidated in nature, with the top five players occupying around 50%. Some of the major companies in this market include Eastman Chemical Company, Kolon Industries Inc., ExxonMobil Corporation, Zeon Corporation, and Zibo Luhua Hongjin New Material Co. Ltd.
C5 Resin Market Leaders
Eastman Chemical Company
Kolon Industries, Inc.
Zibo Luhua Hongjin New Material Co. Ltd
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
C5 Resin Market News
- In October 2021, Eastman Chemical Company announced that the company and some of its subsidiaries entered a definitive agreement to sell its adhesive resins assets and business to Synthomer PLC for a total cash consideration of USD 1 billion. The sale comprised hydrocarbon resins (including Eastman Impera's tire resins), pure monomer resins, polyolefin polymers, rosins and dispersions, and oleochemical and fatty-acid-based resins. These businesses belonged to Eastman's Additives & Functional Products segment.
C5 Resin Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increasing Demand for Adhesives and Sealants from the Packaging Industry
4.1.2 Expansion of the Construction Industry
4.2.1 Replacement of C5 Resins
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 Paints and Coatings
5.1.2 Adhesives and Sealants
5.1.3 Printing Inks
5.1.4 Rubber Compounding
5.1.5 Other Applications (Paper Sizing Agents, Plastic Modifiers)
18.104.22.168 South Korea
22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.2.2 North America
126.96.36.199 United States
188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
5.2.4 South America
220.127.116.11 Rest of South America
5.2.5 Middle-East and Africa
18.104.22.168 Saudi Arabia
22.214.171.124 South Africa
126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%)** /Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Arakawa Chemical Industries Ltd
6.4.2 Cray Valley
6.4.4 Eastman Chemical Company
6.4.5 Eneos Holdings Inc.
6.4.6 Exxon Mobil Corporation
6.4.7 Henan Anglxxon Chemical Co. Ltd
6.4.8 Kolon Industries Inc.
6.4.9 Lesco Chemical Limited
6.4.10 Neville Chemical Company
6.4.11 Puyang Ruisen Petroleum Resins Co. Ltd
6.4.12 Seacon Corporation
6.4.13 Shanghai Jinsen Hydrocarbon Resins Co. Limited
6.4.14 Zibo Luhua Hongjin New Material Co. Ltd
6.4.15 Zeon Corporation
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Growth of the Electric Vehicle Market
C5 Resin Market Research FAQs
What is the current C5 Resin Market size?
The C5 Resin Market is projected to register a CAGR of greater than 4% during the forecast period (2024-2029)
Who are the key players in C5 Resin Market?
Eastman Chemical Company , Kolon Industries, Inc., Zibo Luhua Hongjin New Material Co. Ltd , ExxonMobil Corporation and Zeon Corporation are the major companies operating in the C5 Resin Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in C5 Resin Market?
Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2024-2029).
Which region has the biggest share in C5 Resin Market?
In 2024, the Asia Pacific accounts for the largest market share in C5 Resin Market.
What years does this C5 Resin Market cover?
The report covers the C5 Resin Market historical market size for years: 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023. The report also forecasts the C5 Resin Market size for years: 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2029.
C5 Resin Industry Report
Statistics for the 2024 C5 Resin market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. C5 Resin analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2029 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.