Blu-ray Media & Devices Market Size
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Blu-ray Media & Devices Market Analysis
The Blu-ray media and devices market is expected to register a CAGR of 2.3% over the forecast period. The media and entrainment industry has rapidly changed over the past few years. Advanced audio/video systems, like blu-ray media devices, are gaining massive adoption with significant display and chip technology advancements.
- The drastic need in the entrainment world to primarily increase the quality of the content is bringing significant developments in the store and electronic devices segment. Moreover, the continued combination of IT and internet technologies with the media and entertainment systems is expected to enlarge the growth opportunities in the Blu-ray media and devices market.
- The compatibility of the blu-ray content on many devices, such as Blu-ray players, gaming consoles, and PCs, mainly affects the market's growth. Further, the launch of the new format 4K UHD is also expected to act as a driver for extending the Blu-ray media format.
- However, the blu-ray market is facing stiff competition from other entertainment channels like online services, such as streaming websites, which is expected to be the most significant restraining factor for the market growth. This can be attributed to the increasing inclination of consumers for streaming video websites over players in developed regions such as North America. The cost of Blu-ray players has decreased considerably in the last few years.
- Moreover, the cost of blu-ray technology has decreased significantly in the past few years. Rapid technological innovation in this technology and the presence of high competition in the market have resulted in the price drop. Owing to the increased competition from other technologies, blu-ray manufacturers are trying hard to maintain their market share by attracting consumers with low-cost devices and offering discounts.
Blu-ray Media & Devices Industry Segmentation
The Blu-ray Disc (BD) or Blu-ray is a data storage format for digital optical discs. The term "Blu-ray" refers to the blue laser (a violet laser) used to read the disc, which allows information to be stored at a higher density than the red laser used for DVDs. Blu-ray is primarily used as a medium for video content, such as feature films and the physical distribution of video games.
The Blu-ray Media and Devices Market have been segmented by type and geography. By type, the market is segmented into Media and devices. By Geography, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Rest of the world. For each segment, the market sizing and forecast have been done based on value (USD billion).
|Rest of The World|
Blu-ray Media & Devices Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Blu-ray Media & Devices Market according to our research experts:
Blu-ray Media Solutions to Witness Steady Growth Rate
- The Blu-ray media solution segment significantly contributes to the Blu-ray Media and Devices Market. All the products having Blu-ray content are considered media solutions for the scope of this study. Technological advancements in Blu- ray devices, including streaming movies and TV shows from online service providers like Amazon, Netflix, and YouTube, fuel the dominance of blu-ray media solutions.
- Moreover, technological advancements in this technology have led to the creation of new formats, such as HEVC, which has led to a significant reduction in the size of blu-ray media content. These advancements have allowed to storage even more blu-ray content in the same disc and various other blu-ray media products.
- Owing to the decrease in prices of blu-ray media and devices, consumers across various regions with a low influence of digital technology are also expected to adopt this blu-ray media and devices as a primary mode for media consumption. Moreover, Movie and video game distributors also collaborate to acquire new customers for this technology. For instance, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has released Blu-ray Disc movies Mastered in 4K and Optimized for 4K Ultra High Definition Televisions in May 2022. These Blu-ray Disc movies include the technologies to yield the greatest possible high-definition picture quality and will upscale to create a satisfying 4K experience.
- However with the increasing adoption of the online channel for media and recreation purposes, the market is witnessing a decrease in sales, which is a major restraining factor for the market growth.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia Pacific is Expected to Witness Significant Growth
- The Asia-Pacific region is expected to witness the highest growth rate, owing to the increasing penetration of Blu-ray players in homes and other places. Moreover, growth in the disposable income of the population in this region is also expected to play a significant role in increasing the demand for Blu-ray media and devices in this region.
- The demand for Blu-ray disc-based games is also growing in this region due to the rise in e-sport gaming competitions. For example, The increasing number of e-sport gaming tournaments, including MK11(PS4), FIFA 20(PS4) open cup, FIFA 20(PS4) 1on 1 major cup, ESL Malaysia championship- call of duty mobile qualifier 2, Tekken 7 (PS4) 1on 1, StarCraft 2 open cup and others.
- Furthermore, an increasing number of media production houses releasing movies in Blu-ray format and the rapidly increasing adoption of High Definition televisions in the region are expected to drive the demand for high-quality media, which is expected to drive the need for Blu-ray devices during the forecast period.
- Moreover, the presence of significant like Sony, LG, Panasonic, Pioneer, and various others, has played a crucial role in the market development in this region. These companies are introducing devices that rely on Blu-ray discs and enable downloading videos. For instance, in November 2022, Philips Projection launched the Philips Screeneo U5, an Ultra Short Throw True 4K UHD Laser Projector that offers color accuracy and incredible contrast on max 150-inch screen space, with immersive 3D content from their Blu-ray player.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Blu-ray Media & Devices Industry Overview
The Blu-ray Media and Devices Market is highly competitive owing to the presence of many prominent players in the market providing domestic and international products. The market appears fragmented, with few players accounting for a significant market share. The strategies major players adopt are product innovation and mergers and acquisitions to expand their product portfolio and stay ahead of the competition. Some of the major players in the market are Koninklijke Philips N.V., LG Electronics Inc., and Panasonic Corporation, among others.
- November 2022 - Samsung Launched the First Ever Ultra-HD 4K Blu-Ray Player. The Samsung UBD-K8500 is a 4K Ultra HD compatible Blu-ray player originally announced at the IFA Tech Convention 2015. Samsung is the first company to offer a UHD or 4K compatible Blu-ray player that customers can use with the recent 4K compatible TVs.
- September 2022 - Alliance Entertainment Holding Corporation ("Alliance Entertainment"), a distributor and wholesaler of music, movies, video games, electronics, arcades, and collectibles, announced today a partnership with MUBI, a distributor, streaming service, and production company. Their collaboration aims to distribute the best in cinema in theatres and on MUBI, and we will now release films in deluxe edition Blu-rays.
- May 2022 - CyberLink, a multimedia software company, has launched PowerDVD 22, the latest version of multimedia software, AI facial recognition Blu-ray, and a media player. Some of the new features in the update for playback of 8K videos, 4K HDR Blu-ray discs, DVDs, and more include a new audio algorithm that maintains pitch during slow-speed playback, tools for trimming and extracting video for conversion into smartphone-friendly formats, and TrueTheater enhancements for improving the quality of YouTube videos.
- March 2022 - Pioneer recently introduced the BDR-213JDK optical disc drive in Japan. The BDR-213JDK supports over 21 optical disc formats, including four-layer Blu-ray discs. The BDR-213JDK includes "Pure Read 3" technology, which enables smooth playback of discs with minor physical damage.
Blu-ray Media & Devices Market Leaders
Koninklijke Philips N.V.
LG Electronics Inc.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Blu-ray Media & Devices Market News
- September 2022 - Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. announced new internal BD/DVD/CD writers with Serial ATA interface compatible with all BDXL Blu-ray media. It offers advanced features and quality; reliability and stability; and the BDR-2213, a standard model.
- May 2022 - Pioneer Corporation introduced the "BDR-X13JBK" external Blu-ray drive, which has increased writing quality and speed. The interface is USB 3.2 Gen.1 compliant, allowing for 16x speed writing to high-precision BD-R, M-DISC (BD) 1 layer 25GB, and 6x speed writing to M-DISC (DVD), among other things.
- March 2022 - French company Reavon launched UBR-X110, a 4K UHD Dolby Vision SACD Blu-ray Player, the successor to UBR-X100. In addition to UHD Blu-ray, Blu-ray, DVD, DVD Audio, and CDs, it now supports SACD for music. Moreover, it also supports SACD (Super Audio CD), and while it is only relevant to music, some buyers seek a universal player that can spin their entire disc collection.
Blu-ray Media & Devices Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Decrease in Costs of Blu-ray Devices Owing to Technological Advancements
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Increasing Internet Penetration Leading to Online Media Solutions
4.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Type
5.2.1 North America
5.2.4 Rest of The World
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Koninklijke Philips N.V.
6.1.2 LG Electronics Inc.
6.1.3 Panasonic Corporation
6.1.4 Pioneer Corporation
6.1.5 Sharp Corporation
6.1.6 Sony Corporation
6.1.7 RITEK Corporation
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Blu-ray Media & Devices Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Blu-ray Media and Devices Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Blu-ray Media and Devices Market?
The Blu-ray Media and Devices Market is growing at a CAGR of 2.3% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Blu-ray Media and Devices Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2018 - 2028.
Which region has largest share in Blu-ray Media and Devices Market?
North America holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Blu-ray Media and Devices Market?
Koninklijke Philips N.V., LG Electronics Inc., Panasonic Corporation, Pioneer Corporation, Sony Corporation are the major companies operating in Blu-ray Media and Devices Market.
Blu-ray Media and Devices Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Blu-ray Media and Devices market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Blu-ray Media and Devices analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.