Fastest Growing Market:
The away from home tissue and hygiene market was valued at USD 27.48 billion in 2019 and is expected to reach USD 42.26 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 6.92% over the forecast period 2020 - 2025. It is estimated that more than 9% of the paper products processed in the world end up as tissue products, accounting to at least 21 million metric ton of tissue paper every year. In recent years, the away-from-home products are estimated to be accountable for more than one-third of the global consumption of tissue, and these products are increasing at a moderate pace every year.
- Most of the away-from-home tissue products are bought by building owners, institutions, and janitorial services directly from distributors. The products are usually bought in bulk and are often installed in dispensers that are being used in their establishments, in order to maintain the loyalty of customers toward that brand. The major ground of competition usually revolves around the price of the product, compatibility of the product with dispensers, and ease of replenishment.
- These products have become one of the most widely used commodities in the world. The increasing demand from urban regions for away-from-home tissue products is mainly driving the hygiene market. Many end users ranging from restaurant and food trucks to commercial users have a constant demand for these products in the urban markets when compared to rural establishments that majorly rely on the retail variants.
- The high raw material price is a significant factor that is limiting the growth of the market for tissue all over the world. Moreover, the new innovative products, such as electronic dryers, are impacting the growth of the market.
Scope of the Report
Tissue paper is a type of paper handkerchief which is lightweight and used for various purposes, such as wiping hands, face, table napkin, wrapping tissue, etc. Hygiene tissue papers are mostly used for facial purposes. Facial tissues refer to a class of smooth, soft, absorbent, and disposable paper which are suitable to use on face. Tissues and hygiene products help consumers to maintain a healthy and hygienic lifestyle in their daily lives.
Report scope can be customized per your requirements. Click here.
Key Market Trends
Toilet Paper to Occupy the Maximum Market Demand
- Paper and cloth towels in the market are proven to have the highest drying capacity when compared to other alternatives, like electronic dryers. According to a study conducted by Mayo Clinic Proceedings, a prominent medical journal, on drying efficiency of several hand drying methods, the results indicated that residual water was more efficiently removed from the hands by paper towels when compared to jet air dryers and hot air dryers.
- Recent studies claim that three in 10 shoppers are considered heavy users of bathroom tissues and they shop for about 13 or more rolls every month. Toilet papers are seeing the advantage of the support of effective category segmentation and added value innovations. Prime innovations, like dermatologically tested variants, flushable variants, and the double-layered toilet papers, are distinguishing the general toilet papers from the premium ones.
- In some of the countries, the value growth of the market is entirely driven by the introduction of premium and super-premium toilet papers. The differentiation of these premium and super-premium away-from-home tissue and hygiene products is already seen on the supermarket shelves in the form of premium packaging, as the biggest sub-sector of away from home market bathroom tissues are already enjoying the household penetration rates close to 100%.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific to be the Fastest Growing Market
- In Asia- Pacific, countries, like China, Australia, Singapore, and India stood as the key source of demand for these products. The high demand from the market channels, such as hospitals and healthcare units, hospitality units, food businesses, and other businesses are driving the demand for away-from-home tissue and hygiene products in the region. The highest demand was recorded in restaurants, stores, public toilets, etc., for the environmental sanitation needs, where the hygiene products are provided widely for the customers.
- Rapidly growing middle-class population in many Asia-Pacific countries and increasing disposable incomes of the population led to increased domestic travel significantly, which in turn, drives the demand for the away-from-home tissue and hygiene products.
- The region is also becoming one of the most famous medical tourism hubs. There are more than 0.3 million births and 0.1 million deaths every day in the region, which leads to an increased consumption of away-from-home tissue and hygiene products, such as wipes, paper towels, and napkins, in both domestic users and commercial users, like hospitals and healthcare industry.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report.
The away-from-home tissue and hygiene market is highly fragmented. Due to high demand, many players are entering the market to have a stronghold in it by developing high-quality products for various end-user applications. Some of the key players include Kimberly-Clark Corporation, Georgia Pacific LLC (Koch industries), SCA (Svenska Cellulosa Aktiebolaget), Procter & Gamble, Clearwater Paper Corporation, Wausau Paper Corp., and Kruger Products, among others.
- Mar 2019 - SCA Wood France, French company Innovation Solutions Bois, and Groupe ISB merged their operations in wood processing and distribution of wood products in France. The merge will result in a large and resourceful supplier of wood products to the French building material sector.
Table Of Contents
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Increasing Demand for Recycled Products
4.2.2 Increased Spending on Hygiene
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Growing Trend of Electronic Dryers
4.3.2 Slow Growth In the Market
4.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Product Type
5.1.1 Paper Napkins
5.1.2 Paper Towels
5.1.4 Toilet Papers
5.1.5 Incontinence Products
5.1.6 Other Product Types
5.2 By End User
5.2.2 Food and Beverages Industry
5.2.3 Hospitals and Healthcare
5.2.4 Other End Users
5.3.1 North America
5.3.4 Latin America
5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Kimberly-Clark Corporation
6.1.2 Georgia Pacific LLC
6.1.3 SCA (Svenska Cellulosa Aktiebolaget)
6.1.4 Procter & Gamble
6.1.5 Cascades Tissue Group Inc.
6.1.6 Wausau Paper Corp.
6.1.7 Sofidel Group
6.1.8 Clearwater Paper Corporation
6.1.9 Kruger Products
*List Not Exhaustive
7. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
** Subject to Availability